• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2021 11:14 am
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
28 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] GOTRAX GXL V2 eScooter - Silver @ $339 Save $121

This appears to be a HOT offer. I have been looking for a while and this is the best price I have seen on a model with solid reviews.

The product is being sold by a Marketplace seller "All Things Fun" and also has a $49.99 shipping fee to Vancouver (but appears to vary by area).

Wanted to see if anyone has experience with this product and if it is good quality. Looks very similar to the Xiaomi models with similar specs, but significantly lower priced.
Images
  • GOTRAX.JPG
Last edited by malet99 on Apr 20th, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
[OP]
Oct 5, 2015
28 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thx for not helping! I am considering buying it and was hoping someone might be able to confirm. I have done quite a bit of shipping for eScooters and this is one of the lowest prices I have seen with solid reviews.
Apr 15, 2010
22 posts
19 upvotes
I bought a GOTRAX from Amazon last year and it was great. It was from the same seller and they import them and it is their brand (I had to speak with them for an address change). This is a great price, but looks like the shipping rates may vary by area.
Jan 28, 2013
732 posts
1038 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
malet99 wrote: Thx for not helping! I am considering buying it and was hoping someone might be able to confirm. I have done quite a bit of shipping for eScooters and this is one of the lowest prices I have seen with solid reviews.
Not HOT. It was 300$ with free shipping late last year.

I would suggest at least buying it from amazon, it goes on sale very often, with free shipping.

Usually it's 360$ these days, but if you are lucky, you might find a coupon and make it down to 330$ I believe.

Good luck! I heard they are good.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
May 30, 2016
430 posts
464 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
FYI 14 km range advertised means more like 10 km in the real world. Might be fun to get around the neighborhood but I wouldn't use it for any real commuting.
Nov 25, 2017
744 posts
572 upvotes
I got the G4 for 545 on amazon, much better gotrax scooter if you can get for this price. If it was 339 for the GXL with free shipping and no tax it would be a good deal, but with tax and shipping cost unfortunately not hot.
Oct 26, 2003
206 posts
198 upvotes
Caledon
Third party seller on market place hmm, in the market for one but to many unknowns..
Sep 13, 2005
134 posts
21 upvotes
I bought this last June from same seller on Best Buy, for $400 + $50 shipping to Vancouver and it was a good price at the time (Amazon had it slightly higher or it was sold out). I did a lot of research for scooters in this price range and I'm really happy with it. Solid build. The descriptions says GXL V2 but the photo shows it to be a XR. The GXL V2 is the previous generation one (Google for a photo) and the XR is the 2020 version. Spec wise they are similar though. I haven't tested the full range but I would assume 10 to 12 km range assuming not too hilly terrain. Not the best at going up a steep hill. But at this price range, I recommend it.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1102 posts
540 upvotes
I posted the below last week when it was 850 tax in, and majority of people down voted. It has better specs then the ninebot max and 500 cheaper. I honestly don't know what people have against gotrax but I got mine and I'm so glad I did. The quality is amazing. Check Amazon periodically for ones like the G4 closer to the OP price range because they usually go on sale and if sold by gotrax tax in.

https://www.amazon.ca/Gotrax-Ultra-Comm ... 451&sr=8-3
Nov 14, 2008
331 posts
160 upvotes
I still cant buy a e-scooter, my bicycle injects exercise into my life.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11947 posts
98 upvotes
Time to pull out my escooter. Yes I have a bike too but this is very useful when you want to preserve your legs for sports (like basketball/tennis etc) and just use this to travel to the park.
Dec 17, 2020
15 posts
19 upvotes
Got mine from shoppers drug mart with similar specs for $280 + tax and around $80 in points so in total just around $220
Oct 25, 2010
786 posts
378 upvotes
I have a gotrax and shoppers drug mart scooter. The gotrax is better. The shoppers drug mart one is super off in terms of the speedometer lol. Both are good if u want to just scoot around. I went and tried a couple high end scooters ($1500 and $1000) as i was intending to upgrade and honestly they aren’t close to being worth that price and it made me extra happy to stick with my existing scooters. At best to me they were twice as good if I’m being generous. I think it depends if u are after speed and distance maybe they are better than that but to me speed isn’t that important since i always ride with my dog on the scooter with me so i don’t go max speed and i haven’t come close to running out of batteries with my putting around.