Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Grandstream HT812 2-Port ATA with Gigabit NAT Router for VoIP • $62.99 w/FS [Or PC Canada $56+shipping]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 9:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26162 posts
23174 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Best Buy] Grandstream HT812 2-Port ATA with Gigabit NAT Router for VoIP • $62.99 w/FS [Or PC Canada $56+shipping]

Grandstream HT812 2-Port ATA with Gigabit NAT Router for VoIP • $55.99 w/FS [vs. $72.34 at Amazon Grandstream GS-HT812 2 FXS Port 2 SIP Profiles ATA Router]

********** UPDATE **********
bylo wrote: The bastards just upped the price from $55.99 to $62.99 but left the "Save $10" intact.

There oughta be a law...
Temporel wrote: OP, to punish BestBuy for doing that, you could edit the OP (Lol!) and change it to PC Canada @ $56 + about $9 shipping.

https://www.pc-canada.com/item/HT812.html

Also, if you want to keep it simple and won't ever have more than one line, the Grandstream HT801 @ $46 will do the job
********** UPDATE **********

Description:
Designed for users looking to connect their analog devices to a VoIP network at home or in the office. The HT812 is a powerful analog telephone adapter that is easily deployable and manageable. It comes equipped with 2 FXS ports and an integrated Gigabit NAT router.

Features:
• Supports 2 SIP profiles through 2 FXS ports and dual Gigabit ports
• Includes a built-in NAT router which can handle routing speeds up to 100MBps
• TLS and SRTP security encryption technology to protect calls and accounts
• Automated provisioning options include TR-069 and XML config files
• Supports 3-way voice conferencing
• Failover SIP server automatically switches to secondary server if main server loses connection
• Supports T.38 Fax for creating Fax-over-IP
• Supports a wide range of caller ID formats
• Use with Grandstream’s UCM series of IP PBXs for Zero Configuration provisioning

Last edited by bylo on Aug 17th, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
111 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6421 posts
1547 upvotes
Montreal
In for 1.

Thx.
Phils
Jan 27, 2019
2 posts
Thanks for posting. Does this also allow smartphones to dial out via landline (like a wifi bridge)?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2774 posts
4680 upvotes
Atlantic
JeffW5847 wrote: Thanks for posting. Does this also allow smartphones to dial out via landline (like a wifi bridge)?
No. This device allows for analog phones to connect to VOIP networks.

If you want to use your smartphone to dial out using a VOIP network, you should use an app like Zoiper, Bria, Acrobits etc. You need to have a VOIP/SIP provider set up, then just plug in the credentials into these apps.
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on Aug 15th, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4244 posts
1847 upvotes
Toronto
Not related to this deal, but I recently bought a grandstream ATA after my Obihai Obi200 crapped on me.

Mine looks similar to this one but is the single port version. I use it with freephoneline for our home phone, and I've gotta say it's been rock solid and trouble free since day 1. Configuration was also A LOT simpler than the Obi200. Some will say that the Obi200 is more "capable" or have more features. But truth be told I never used any of them. I found that the obi200 also need to be power cycled every few months too.

Anyways, long story short, grandstream makes some solid products.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2081 posts
1560 upvotes
Got the Grandstream HT801 on Kijiji for $20 and it works great. If you only need 1 line, check Kijiji rather than new.

I use mine with Freephoneline as well and no issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2690 posts
637 upvotes
Burlington
This is the wholesale price through my Grandstream rep, so buy - buy - buy.
BTW, lots of great help on forums.grandstream.com
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10260 posts
19016 upvotes
Montreal
Casper wrote: This is the wholesale price through my Grandstream rep, so buy - buy - buy.
BTW, lots of great help on forums.grandstream.com
I don't want to rain on your parade but the regular price is $65... not much to write home about.

It's also $56 at PC Canada
Images
  • Screenshot (1639).png
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2690 posts
637 upvotes
Burlington
Temporel wrote: I don't want to rain on your parade but the regular price is $65... not much to write home about.

It's also $56 at PC Canada
Margins are slim on these low cost units. My point was you're not going to find new for cheaper.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Oct 18, 2017
655 posts
1264 upvotes
New Brunswick
Temporel wrote: It was just to illustrate that $55 is not the deal of the year. :)
Of course not, my $19 Nespresso wins that one!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3604 posts
3856 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Repooc wrote: Not related to this deal, but I recently bought a grandstream ATA after my Obihai Obi200 crapped on me.

Mine looks similar to this one but is the single port version. I use it with freephoneline for our home phone, and I've gotta say it's been rock solid and trouble free since day 1. Configuration was also A LOT simpler than the Obi200. Some will say that the Obi200 is more "capable" or have more features. But truth be told I never used any of them. I found that the obi200 also need to be power cycled every few months too.

Anyways, long story short, grandstream makes some solid products.
Grandstream does make solid VoIP ATA devices. That is not a secret :) They are basic units, but they are solid.

But the obi200 (which I still have - actually I'm using an obi202, but I do have a spare obi200) does have many advanced features (which I don't use many) and it's 4 profiles and Google Voice native support are great. At one point I did have 4 services on the obi202 (freephoneline, callcentric, voip.ms and google voice). Don't know how many services/profiles you have have on current grandstream units however.

You say you had to power cycle the obi every few months ? I have honestly never needed to power cycle it (maybe specific to a version of firmware). It is on my UPS, along with my router and switches and it just keeps working. I have both ports setup with the same profile and it is great. Wife can be on the line on one phone, and I can pick up the other phone and make a second call. And if someone else calls while she is on the line, she get's the call waiting tone ans can see who is calling, but I can just answer the second line, and take the call also, without interrupting her call. I'm sure many of these feature can be setup on some of Grandstream units also. But Native GoogleVoice on the obi for me has been great (which is why I kept the obi200 as a spare, even after getting am obi202 ages ago). I use it to call family in the US regularly and it is great.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26162 posts
23174 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Temporel wrote: It was just to illustrate that $55 is not the deal of the year. :)
I didn't claim that it is. But it's a lot less than Amazon. Indeed CCC says it's only been that low once, so probably either a price error or from a third-party seller with a hefty shipping fee.

BTW I was about to buy this model from TekSavvy as part of a TekTalk install. They want $50 plus $10 shipping, then $10+ per month for service. Instead I'm getting a voip.ms account and the HT812 from BB.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10260 posts
19016 upvotes
Montreal
bylo wrote: I didn't claim that it is. But it's a lot less than Amazon. Indeed CCC says it's only been that low once, so probably either a price error or from a third-party seller with a hefty shipping fee.

BTW I was about to buy this model from TekSavvy as part of a TekTalk install. They want $50 plus $10 shipping, then $10+ per month for service. Instead I'm getting a voip.ms account and the HT812 from BB.
No, no it was Casper who was like "buy buy buy".

We are all too sensitive. Lol!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1796 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I went through multiple voip adapters over the years, but I stopped using them these days since you can easily use an app on your phone to make voip calls. For the price, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy groundwire. etc. instead?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26162 posts
23174 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TheCaffeinatedSloth wrote: PC Canada is not free shipping AFAIK.
Yup. An extra $9 for shipping or a drive to Guelph.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10260 posts
19016 upvotes
Montreal
softech wrote: how does this compare to Polycom / Obihai?
I would not hesitate to buy a Grandstream over a Obihai.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10260 posts
19016 upvotes
Montreal
ericw wrote: I went through multiple voip adapters over the years, but I stopped using them these days since you can easily use an app on your phone to make voip calls. For the price, wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to buy groundwire. etc. instead?
Is using an app on cellular phones as good as using the regular cellular voice service?
Dropped calls?