Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Grandstream HT812 2-Port ATA with Gigabit NAT Router for VoIP • $62.99 w/FS [Or PC Canada $56+shipping]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 9:23 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1450 posts
1008 upvotes
Who is Best Buy Business? Is this a marketplace seller or actual Best Buy? or a separate Best Buy entity under the Best Buy umbrella?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3892 posts
2320 upvotes
Halifax
softech wrote: how does this compare to Polycom / Obihai?
Both are good devices. Obihai has more features, so I personally prefer that. If you only want to run a VOIP service, the Grandstream is good enough. One thing I like about the Grandstream is that is supports rotary phones, which is good if you need it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26724 posts
24144 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Quickman wrote: Who is Best Buy Business? Is this a marketplace seller or actual Best Buy? or a separate Best Buy entity under the Best Buy umbrella?
There's a link to Best Buy Business at the top right of every Best Buy page. All Best Buy Business pages sport the Best Buy logo and are "© Best Buy Canada Ltd. 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3."

So either BBB is some elaborate scam being pulled using a hacked BB website OR they're a legitimate part of Best Buy.
veni, vidi, Visa
May 19, 2017
529 posts
357 upvotes
I have Obi200 and used the Webslinger’s step by step documentation for FPL which is awesome and very helpful as I won’t be able to figure out the setup without it. The documentation is not for a faint hearted and could overwhelm. Is there a step by step documentation with the Grandstream for FPL?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3712 posts
4080 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GBUalways wrote: I have Obi200 and used the Webslinger’s step by step documentation for FPL which is awesome and very helpful as I won’t be able to figure out the setup without it. The documentation is not for a faint hearted and could overwhelm. Is there a step by step documentation with the Grandstream for FPL?
Webslinger's help over the years was priceless for many of us.

Not for this specific Model, but the FPL forums do have quite a few setup guides for other Grandsream units, like the HT286, HT502, HT503, HT701, HT702, HT704.. Pretty sure it would be easy to extrapolate from those guides if needed. Menus may be a little different, but settings surely the same.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2261 posts
794 upvotes
Montreal
Curious as to what is the router used for in that ATA? Usually the ATA is already plugged into a router.

Just curious as I'm still using my Linksys PAP2T with VoIP.ms. Still works great after around 15 years!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4558 posts
1574 upvotes
Mississauga
AMD wrote: Curious as to what is the router used for in that ATA? Usually the ATA is already plugged into a router.

Just curious as I'm still using my Linksys PAP2T with VoIP.ms. Still works great after around 15 years!
I'm surprised your AC adapter hasn't crapped out yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2261 posts
794 upvotes
Montreal
wing0 wrote: I'm surprised your AC adapter hasn't crapped out yet.
Never had an issue!

I guess if it ever does crap out I could just get a new power adapter.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4558 posts
1574 upvotes
Mississauga
AMD wrote: Never had an issue!

I guess if it ever does crap out I could just get a new power adapter.
I've had to replace the AC adapter on 2 ATAs at least once in its lifetime after probably 5-6 years of usage.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1082 posts
1117 upvotes
bylo wrote: There's a link to Best Buy Business at the top right of every Best Buy page. All Best Buy Business pages sport the Best Buy logo and are "© Best Buy Canada Ltd. 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3."

So either BBB is some elaborate scam being pulled using a hacked BB website OR they're a legitimate part of Best Buy.
They're legit, bought an Asustor NAS through them.

They won't do price-difference adjusts or similar though (price-match) as 'technically' they aren't Best Buy regular website vendor. Same company though, all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1301 posts
1470 upvotes
Toronto
My parents have been using the Grandstream HT 702 for almost 6 years now (with voip.ms) and it has been rock solid. Highly recommend Grandstream.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4033 posts
4442 upvotes
Muskoka
I think voip.ms has detailed instructions on their website to properly configure a whole host of ATAs, one of them being the Grandstream. I currently have a Obi200, using it for my home office, but I think I will get this and move our landline over as well. Need to keep that number.
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7458 posts
7686 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Can this do fax using free phone line?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10513 posts
19561 upvotes
Montreal
AMD wrote: (...) Just curious as I'm still using my Linksys PAP2T with VoIP.ms. Still works great after around 15 years!
wing0 wrote: I'm surprised your AC adapter hasn't crapped out yet.
AMD wrote: Never had an issue! I guess if it ever does crap out I could just get a new power adapter.
wing0 wrote: I've had to replace the AC adapter on 2 ATAs at least once in its lifetime after probably 5-6 years of usage.
Same set-up here as "AMD" since almost 11 years. Never had a problem. Glad to see I can expect to go at least up to 15 years.

For the ones that will buy this ATA and plan to go with VoIP.ms (they offer customer service) don't forget that they have a referral program. It's not obvious.
Mar 2, 2015
470 posts
1154 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I was looking to switch from MagicJack and looked into this one. I opted for the DP720/DP750 as it has native VOIP with HD Voice on Voip.ms using the G722 codec. Setup (like other Grandstream equipment) was a breeze and the quality is IMPECCABLE. Highly recommend, especially if you find a cheaper set on Kijiji.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10513 posts
19561 upvotes
Montreal
elfion wrote: Sorry what's FS?
Free Shipping. Feel free to say D'Oh!
Feb 6, 2020
787 posts
740 upvotes
Repooc wrote: I use it with freephoneline for our home phone, and I've gotta say it's been rock solid and trouble free since day 1. Configuration was also A LOT simpler than the Obi200. Some will say that the Obi200 is more "capable" or have more features. But truth be told I never used any of them. I found that the obi200 also need to be power cycled every few months too.
Grandstream ATAs don't have any of the call routing features of Obihai ATAs and lack native Google Voice support.
They also don't support as many service providers at the same time. I do use the extra features, and I never have to power cycle anything in order to use Freephoneline because I use a good router for SIP with UDP timeouts set properly. Obihai has also let me avoid using PBXes. Grandstream ATAs just can't do the same things.

But since we're raining anecdotes, everyone I know with an OBi202 has never had theirs die, and I've had mine since 2012. Most SIP users that I know have moved on to Obihai IP Phones, but none of us want to switch to something with less features.

You can't do this with a Grandstream ATA: sunrise-mobile-40gb-canada-us-data-ci-6 ... #p34864659.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Aug 17th, 2021 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 6, 2020
787 posts
740 upvotes
GBUalways wrote: I have Obi200 and used the Webslinger’s step by step documentation for FPL which is awesome and very helpful as I won’t be able to figure out the setup without it. The documentation is not for a faint hearted and could overwhelm. Is there a step by step documentation with the Grandstream for FPL?
This is a downgrade for FPL, especially if you want use Nomorobo, create whitelists or route incoming calls from specific numbers somewhere else. Webslinger avoided other brands' ATAs with FPL because Obihai ATAs help to work around some of the lacking features with FPL's service, and that's mostly the reason why the guide you used is so detailed. It's also the only guide that shows how to enable server failover with all FPL servers.

https://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 805#p73839
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Aug 16th, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.