Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Harman Kardon Astra Bluetooth Speaker - Black - Only at Best Buy for 99.99

[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
37 posts
18 upvotes

[Best Buy] Harman Kardon Astra Bluetooth Speaker - Black - Only at Best Buy for 99.99

Enjoy the music you love from anywhere in your home with the Harman Kardon Astra.
12 replies
May 27, 2011
424 posts
260 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Lots bad reviews such as connectivity issues
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
37 posts
18 upvotes
BoldEagle wrote: Enjoy the music you love from anywhere in your home with the Harman Kardon Astra.
Thank you for inputs still thinking should I take the pickup in store..
May 30, 2016
85 posts
22 upvotes
I have it and been using it for a while. Works like a charm for me. No connectivity iasues.
Jan 25, 2016
214 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
katonfire wrote: Lots bad reviews such as connectivity issues
I have 2 of the Onyx Studio 4 speakers. They are great, good sound, pair together, and when I used to be able to see people - they loved the style of it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8325 posts
1098 upvotes
I’ve seen it at $100 a few times this year already. Actually thought that was the regular price lol

Also read reviews about connectivity issues which caused me to back away from it.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2090 posts
433 upvotes
YVR
No connection issues for me. Set up was a minor inconvenience, but looked up online that it goes smoother on iOS. As expected, ran into some issues with Android app at first. Set it up through my iPad first, then it connected everything else easy. Using it as my Spotify speaker.
Zoomer
Mar 31, 2017
167 posts
159 upvotes
I know there is time machine issue. But just for the information this speaker was free with Sennheiser CX 6.00BT In-Ear Bluetooth Headphones with Mic in February. It was 69.99+ Tax for Bluetooth headphone and this speaker.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1229 posts
624 upvotes
Don't be fooled; This is pretty much the regular price

Better off buying something like boom or jbl
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13550 posts
4665 upvotes
Ottawa
At some point in the not too distant past, I'm sure somebody must have bought this speaker for more than $100. It was supposed to be a premium smart speaker to go against the likes of Homepod and more expensive Google/Amazon offerings.

I hope those people that paid $$ realized that this speaker isn't worth what they paid and returned it... because in the end, this is a pretty mediocre speaker. It really doesn't sound any better than any other $100 -ish smart speaker, which is surprising as Harman Kardon could have and should have done better than this. It seems they just slapped their name onto a some third party OEM developed product and called it a day. I can't even find any mention of it on the harmankardon.com web site

I have mine still as a freebee with those Sennheiser earbuds, and am glad I didn't actually spend money on it. I'd much rather buy any of the other smart speakers instead if I didn't get it for free.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jul 28, 2007
568 posts
899 upvotes
Calgary
Been shopping for a bluetooth speaker for a bit, not many great sales over the past few weeks.

My neighbour said his Flip 5 battery performance decreased pretty quick. Does anyone know if there is a speaker which allows you to plug it into a wall socket so as not to overcharge the battery (like when you use a laptop plugged in)?