• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2021 1:58 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2005
660 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Best Buy has stopped doing weekly flyers

It seems best buy is not doing weekly flyers anymore and rather switched to Top Deals on their website: They are trying too much to be like Amazon

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... eals/16074
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 12th, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title for better visibility
35 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14606 posts
27444 upvotes
Scarborough
I figured this was coming with their flyers getting smaller each week. I wonder if they'll still put out a flyer for Black Friday and Boxing Day?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15474 posts
12670 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ya part of the NEW WORLD OF SHOPPING c/o Covid

With most folks shopping online and not Instore ... makes perfect sense

Since discovering Flipp ... and it’s many aspects BEYOND just browsing flyers online

I am perfectly fine with no more paper versions ... and thereby also saving trees & less trash etc
[OP]
Jan 13, 2005
660 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PointsHubby wrote: Ya part of the NEW WORLD OF SHOPPING c/o Covid

With most folks shopping online and not Instore ... makes perfect sense

Since discovering Flipp ... and it’s many aspects BEYOND just browsing flyers online

I am perfectly fine with no more paper versions ... and thereby also saving trees & less trash etc

No more digital flyer either, Best Buy did not release on Flipp this week.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2994 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
It kinda makes sense since for the past few months, they've already been silently ending sales a few days early, or raising the prices a bit more (ex: Harddrive regular price is $250, and sale was for $199 for most of the week before suddenly becoming $219)

Thing is... I think this would make me shop at Best Buy less.

Skimming a flyer and seeing a sale helps me with impulse purchases. I don't think anyone actually combs through Amazon's "flyers" / deals page. That thing is a nightmare!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12934 posts
2225 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I noticed that there wasn't one last week, and thought maybe because it's the slow post-Christmas season. Didn't check for a flyer today.

FYI, manufacturers pay for product placement in flyers. That's why there are so many regular price items in store flyers. Maybe that has a lot to do with no more weekly flyer.
May 16, 2016
28 posts
32 upvotes
WTF?

Scrolling through the "Top Deals" page isn't intuitive at all, and takes a lot longer to scan than an organized flyer.

Why didn't they just stop printing the paper flyer, and keep it digital, organized in the same way?

I'm going to call them next week to complain. Maybe if enough customers do that, they will change it back to at least a digital flyer.

Anyways, I've been shopping much more at Staples lately anyways.

They have much of the same items, and offer next day or two day shipping, with no minimum purchase for free shipping.
Mar 13, 2004
251 posts
91 upvotes
Aldergrove
sunnyday99 wrote: WTF?

Scrolling through the "Top Deals" page isn't intuitive at all, and takes a lot longer to scan than an organized flyer.

Why didn't they just stop printing the paper flyer, and keep it digital, organized in the same way?

I'm going to call them next week to complain. Maybe if enough customers do that, they will change it back to at least a digital flyer.

Anyways, I've been shopping much more at Staples lately anyways.

They have much of the same items, and offer next day or two day shipping, with no minimum purchase for free shipping.
Staples is also my electronics store now.
Feb 19, 2009
251 posts
110 upvotes
....Show More....Show More....Show More....

Honestly easier to scan and filter through Amazon's deals, then Best Buy's. And no numbered pages, just infinite vertical scrolling. Terrible web design.
Feb 3, 2021
55 posts
9 upvotes
I don't mind Best Buy's website... However it's unfortunate they're doing away with the flyers... I did notice how some sales were running out of sync with the "Flyer Format", does really matter if they go for several Flyers, however they seemed to be struggling to always clearly mark the ones that were ending prior to the end of the flyer at times if I recall correctly... Which really isn't that complicated. Just tag the product as "Only Until/Ends -Insert Day/Date-"... Maybe they'll reverse course... A lot of firms have kinda used the pandemic to cynically make cuts like this, which I personally find unfortunate, especially 'cause while less of a concern with Best Buy considering their market/clientele being tech focused it's kinda to the detriment of older/poorer consumers. Like people forget that not everyone has the same resources or is even online at all in some cases. Best Buy is not a great argument, however when grocery shops were messing with their flyers and toying with not sending them out it caused a lot of grief for some older/poorer consumers that weren't able to conveniently check online... =/
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4341 posts
4105 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Well that explains a lot.

tbh Stocktrack has been my #1 tool for checking Best Buy sales for awhile though, especially since they put a lot of stuff on that's unadvertised.
Aug 21, 2010
805 posts
307 upvotes
toronto
simply flyers dont work
most companies just doing digital flyers,,,
i prefer that
Mar 23, 2004
42927 posts
8887 upvotes
Markham
Nelson Muntz wrote: ....Show More....Show More....Show More....

Honestly easier to scan and filter through Amazon's deals, then Best Buy's. And no numbered pages, just infinite vertical scrolling. Terrible web design.
Totally agree, i just gave up after pressing a few times.
your best bet wrote: simply flyers dont work
most companies just doing digital flyers,,,
i prefer that
Digital flyers are fine, but in this case, there is NO flyer.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12934 posts
2225 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Nelson Muntz wrote: ....Show More....Show More....Show More....
Are you pretending to be Michael Jackson, singing Bad? :D
Agree, but best to tell them that.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3077 posts
3171 upvotes
GTA
I thought for a few years now, BB switched to a Flyers-every-2-weeks format once the holiday rush stopped. They usually switched back closer to March. This could just be an added wrinkle to that practice and only temporary.
c'mon get happy!
Nov 21, 2017
42 posts
39 upvotes
Hopefully they will still do them for the holidays.
Sep 28, 2006
326 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
that sucks. nothing better than having a copy of the actual flyer. i like a tangible experience

i use flipp to price match when I need to, but read physical flyers
Nov 3, 2007
58 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
This will actually help with my In-law spending money there. He always looks forward to Best Buy fliers in the mail and usually goes and buy something. But he will never browse online.
May 16, 2016
28 posts
32 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: I thought for a few years now, BB switched to a Flyers-every-2-weeks format once the holiday rush stopped. They usually switched back closer to March. This could just be an added wrinkle to that practice and only temporary.
According to the bottom of the "Top Deals" page, it seems to be permanent, including for the big sales times.

The only way they'll change back to flyers, is if enough people complain (I already called and e-mailed them about it), or their sales decline enough to their competitors who still have flyers.