• Nov 11th, 2017 4:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11458 posts
1101 upvotes
Kanata

[Best Buy] Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat - $99

Seemed like a good deal for a wifi thermostat. With the various rebates out there from the gas providers for $100, comes out to just paying tax.
*Updated link to Best Buy*

Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 19th, 2017 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: retailer edit
376 replies
Dec 27, 2007
897 posts
149 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP!! Was going to pick up a Nest with the rebate but this does the same job and is basically free
Apr 6, 2009
4 posts
toronto
In for 1 - inventory says only 3 left in Pickering. Cant find in specs if this is battery powered or not. Makes no difference to me anyway.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11458 posts
1101 upvotes
Kanata
dogger99 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:48 am
One of the thermostats the government GreenON Installations Program is offering is the Honeywell T6 thermostat...but who know how long it will take to get one

https://greenon.ca/?utm_source=SLNL-0-4 ... 55-288852-
That's true but you also don't get to choose which one you get. <-- I stand corrected.
Unfortunately, the program also requires a visit, which could take a couple of hours, I understand. I'd have to take time off work to do that, which then becomes a question of the lost wages vs the new thermostat.
Like you mentioned, if you sign up now, you are most likely looking at 2018. This is available right now, and for not much money with the rebate.
Last edited by goofball on Oct 19th, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2, 2011
413 posts
227 upvotes
London
I bought it. I like it. It isn't as smart as a NEST (ie - it doesn't motion sense). It uses geofencing to determine if you are within X distance from your home and then turns on/off the HVAC as appropriate. Works very well. I've gone away for a week or two and just let it run the temperature up to 85 degrees (summer). Once I get +/- 30 mins away, it starts cooling. When I get home, the A/C is running and I'm happy.

Worth it at $100. More worth it if you can get it for tax only. ;)
May 25, 2010
185 posts
197 upvotes
Newmarket
Oh in a letter I received from them, I understood you have a choose:

Next steps in the GreenON Installations program.
Thank you for applying to the GreenON Installations program and taking the first step to reduce your carbon footprint! Ontario residents have shown tremendous interest in learning how they can fight climate change right from their doorstep.
What's Next
GreenON Installations will soon be up and running as program representatives begin to roll out across the province. A program representative will contact you to check the eligibility and compatibility of your home with smart thermostats and if eligible, set up an appointment to install a smart thermostat and conduct an in-home energy review.
When you are contacted will depend on when you submitted your application and the availability of installers in your area. You may hear from us as early as within a few weeks, or it might take a few more months. This program is very popular, so we thank you for your patience.
What You Can Do
The smart thermostats available through the program have been confirmed. It's up to you to decide which one will work best for your home. The eligible smart thermostats are:
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E
Take a moment to learn more about these models and their features as well as review their privacy policies concerning the use of data. You will need to let the GreenON Installations program representative know which model you would like installed in your home prior to your appointment.
May 11, 2006
73 posts
26 upvotes
I received the same email saying I have a choice and I should research which one I want for when the representative calls..
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1110 posts
209 upvotes
GTA
goofball wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 8:10 am
That's true but you also don't get to choose which one you get.
Unfortunately, the program also requires a visit, which could take a couple of hours, I understand. I'd have to take time off work to do that, which then becomes a question of the lost wages vs the new thermostat.
Like you mentioned, if you sign up now, you are most likely looking at 2018. This is available right now, and for not much money with the rebate.
They offer you 3 choices.
- - - - -
Oct 16, 2010
160 posts
68 upvotes
Any chance this GreenON company can control your Thermostat remotely to drive energy savings at their whim? lets say I wanna run my AC super cold, but GreenOn feels this isn't "Energy efficient"... can they override my settings?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1279 posts
184 upvotes
Great just bought this, going to return this one I recently got from HD
Subscribed to email notifications for another $10 off and FS
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2369 posts
537 upvotes
Newmarket
Thanks OP.
I can't find rebate for this unit, does anyone have a link ? thank you.
Nov 26, 2014
3 posts
Toronto, ON
Hello,
Would like to know where is the rebates link?
Thanks in advance