• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 10:08 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1206 posts
1188 upvotes

[Best Buy] [HOT!] 2 Blink XT2 cameras + Echo Show 5 180$

I think this is a really hot deal, Keepa says the best price was 280$ for this bundle!
The show 5 goes on sale for 60$ (reg 100$) so each OUTDOOR camera is ~60$.

These are well rated cams. Enjoy!

edit: 15$ Cheaper at best buy!!!
Last edited by lleb13 on Jun 12th, 2020 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Aug 20, 2018
14 posts
18 upvotes
All the packages are on sale as well. Pretty good deals compared to past sales. I have been using these cameras for almost a year and they've been pretty good. There are some faults, on windy days something blowing in the wind (BBQ cover) can trip the sensor, some shadows can trip the sensor. I have one camera that seems to be causing an issue (drops from my WiFi network) but customer service has been easy to deal with and they will replace the camera if some troubleshooting doesn't help. Overall I'd buy these again for the price. Expect about a year of battery life in a higher than normal traffic area (front door), longer in lower traffic areas.

Camera Kits
1 Camera - $97.99 was $129.99
2 Cameras - $179.99 was $239.99
3 Cameras - $247.99 was $329.99
5 Cameras - 374.99 was $499.99

With $15 Echo Show 5
2 Cameras - $194.99 was $339.98
3 Cameras - $262.99 was $429.98
5 Cameras - $389.99 was $599.98

With Blink Mini
3 Cameras - $354.99 was $374.98
5 Cameras - $514.99 was $544.98
Oct 17, 2002
912 posts
140 upvotes
Oakville
Seems like a good deal. Still trying to decide between spending more for the Nest vs. this one. I know Nest is hardwired (but it'll be easy in my situation to tap into the garage's powerline) and it's more expensive.

We are seeing more reviews on Blink's battery life, and it does seem legit. Concerned on what I've read about continuous live view, and lag in general. Plus, it's probably just me, but I find the design of the Blink XT2 to be just hideous and ugly looking.
But at this price, I might bite the bullet.
Nov 21, 2009
810 posts
225 upvotes
Calgary
Is there a battery operated camera like blink that lasts at least a year and does not require internet...? Need one for a remote location but haven't been able to find any...
Mar 6, 2018
85 posts
48 upvotes
Does the camera detect motions behind window?
Dec 4, 2008
175 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
robelus wrote: Does the camera detect motions behind window?
I have one inside my storm door that's been running since Christmas. During the day, it'll detect motion pretty well. I haven't had any evening motion detected outside the storm door, though. I can test that tonight and let you know.
Dec 28, 2011
930 posts
574 upvotes
These things are incredible. No wires to deal with and yes the battery life seems to be on par for reasenable video quality and low traffic area.
If you put them in an area where they will trigger often then no you are not likely to get even past a few months with the batteries. Just set intelligent schedules so you are not wasting battery life when you are likely to be in your monitored areas like your yard. The system works like one multi camera system. You can set different profile for each camera but they all communicate with the same base station and are scheduled, armed/disarmed as a unit and they share the same storage quota.

With your included echo 5 you can arm or disarm the system easely and speak with whoever is in front of the camera.
No way to use local storage but you get free 2 hour cloud storage.
Cameras do take a few seconds to notify you but they trigger pretty fast and you get everything on the recording. They put in a functionality to get quicker notifications recently.

BUT
  • This is not à continuously active system. You cannot expect to open a live stream for more than a minute. (battery drain)
  • Being battery operated they have made them easy to detach from the base. You will need to put them somewhere out of reach.
  • If you purchase à kit with more than 3 cameras, amazon will ship you à 3 camera kit with add on cameras. Still waiting for my add ons month later ...
  • Also 2 hours for more than 2 or 3 cameras is not a lot. A wise but somewhat more expansive option is to purchase 2 kits and configure 2 different system or zone if you whant. You then get double the storage with little management overhead on your part.
  • If your internet is down so is your monitoring system.
Being an entirely cloud based system, amazon has the kill switch and though the company is not expected to go away they might eventually discontinue the product but you expect many years of service before that happen.
Last edited by ultimatum on Jun 12th, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2011
930 posts
574 upvotes
robelus wrote: Does the camera detect motions behind window?
No but why not put it outside since they eliminate most of the trouble to install them?
Dec 28, 2011
930 posts
574 upvotes
ssy080 wrote: Is there a battery operated camera like blink that lasts at least a year and does not require internet...? Need one for a remote location but haven't been able to find any...
maybe Arlo or eufy cam
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3327 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
right now at bestbuy this same 2 camera with echo show 5 is for $179.99
Jul 13, 2006
274 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa
For those that may have used both this and Wyze cams, how would you compare them? I appreciate the continuous local recording on my Wyze but hoping for something a little more wireless and weatherproof.

I've also read that you're not able to download/save the recorded clips on these Blinks; true?
Sep 7, 2011
193 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: right now at bestbuy this same 2 camera with echo show 5 is for $179.99
You saved me a case of beer! Cheers!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
1478 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
For those who have them installed outside, how does it fair with our harsh canadian winters?
Knowledge is power
Jun 11, 2020
2 posts
The only thing blink has compared to Wyze is wireless. My blink setup gets roughly 3-4 days of recording without having to pay more. The thumbnails are often not updated in the app until I prompt them to be updated. Ive heard that the way blink works is the cameras connect to wifi, then back to the module, then your app to give it the best battery life. The Wyze cameras I have have 256gb cards in them giving them roughly 2 months worth of recording, Ive had one outside in an enclosure for the last 6 months with temperatures ranging from -30'c to 31'c. The viewing capabilities of the wyze cameras are really nice compared to the blink setup