Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HOT! Galaxy S9 $210! ($160 with referral)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 11:10 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
thank you thank you OP

picked up two galaxy s9 ! 360-150 + activation fee is awesome deal
Nov 26, 2016
298 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So it took me trying at 5 different LD before I got a purple one for the wife. First one refused gc match because they said BB had no stock, 2nd and 3rd refused to match the offer (reps called the dept managers because no clear policy, dumb). 4th one sold out last purple but said he matched the BB gift card just earlier, called store 5 and confirmed stock and they would match the gc.

Of course it didn't go smoothly, for some reason Koodo system showed $0 subsidy and in-store price of $695 lol, despite me trying live in store with self serve upgrade showing $0 phn. I am on the med tab eligible version of $60 10gb plan.

The LD rep called in and got Koodo to fix somehow ending up with me on small tab $9/month (I had $150 in-store tab credit offer) and $0 up front. Got the $150 LD GC, pretty happy to upgrade the wife from s6 to s9! Was told earlier that they don't allow GC purchase with the LD GC but even if true, doesn't matter with boxing day sales coming. Store #4 and #5 have awesome gentlemen working the cell dept, might drop them off a chocolate bar later for Christmas or something and write their managers a commendation email!

Have a callback scheduled tomorrow with loyalty to ask nicely if I can jump over to $45 8gb plans for both lines, see if they'll credit the $35 upgrade fee due to stock/site issues for ordering online. Gonna keep an eye open for boxing day deal on my own line.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
2036 posts
462 upvotes
For those interested s9 with $100 point plus $50 point with trade in is also available at the mobile shop. For some pc points maybe better than BB gift card.
Oct 13, 2010
119 posts
581 upvotes
Ok so I bought the phone!
Now to cancel. Do I have to put the sim card in the phone and call from it or can I call from my own phone? Also, do I have to go through the koodo registration online?
Feb 15, 2012
470 posts
455 upvotes
Does anyone know if the promotion is still going on today?
:)
Mar 3, 2010
34 posts
17 upvotes
Burlington
Got this deal yesterday. Pretty sweet. No longer having to swipe a pattern to get into my phone (was using a LG G4) is awesome. Anyone recommend a good slim case to go with it?
Nov 21, 2018
2 posts
I stopped by the Best Buy at Granville and Robson after work today to get a price match on the S9 I picked up on Friday. The salesman who sold me the phone said he didnt know anything about this deal other than it being for activations that switched from telus to koodo. He wouldn't offer it to me.

We tried searching for this deal on the website and couldn't find anything- absolutely no mention of Any GC for new koodo activations. Any advice? Is there another Best Buy in Vancouver that would honour this deal?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Deal is likely dead. It was a BF / CM deal, today is Wed. You’re SOL.
Nov 21, 2018
2 posts
shayne85 wrote: Deal is likely dead. It was a BF / CM deal, today is Wed. You’re SOL.
Sorry, I was there after work on Tuesday. He had no clue what I was talking about.

I was hoping that someone from Vancouver had gotten the deal at one of the other bestbuys and that I could try my luck by checking in and asking

Or maybe there is a way to find the deal on the website?.on mobile/app/desktop... The salesmen told me that the pricing for CB is still valid until Nov 29.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
The deal was on the entire BB Canada website, it wasn’t location or store specific. The $150 gift card is off the website so the deal is likely dead unfortunately.

Wait till Boxing Day now.
Jan 19, 2007
728 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
dtp11 wrote: Like you already received it, or you bought it because it was thin and you like the idea of a thin case, but it hasn't arrived yet?
Sorry, I meant to say I got it because it seemed to be the thinnest or one of the thinnest available. In addition, spigen being a little bit more "name brand" in terms of quality.
Also for $15 shipped it's not bad. Lot of YouTube videos showing the case fit as well if you'd like to see it in action
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
So I cancelled my account two days ago - no hassles. Before I cancelled, my self-serve account showed that my next billing cut off date is 27th of November. There were also bunch of other self-serve menu options like overview, usage and my profile.

After cancellation, I noticed that there is nothing showing in the other menu options, the billing menu option is still there, but when I click to view my bill, it says "You do not have a balance owing", clicking on View my Bill button doesn't show anything - all I see is a Koodo graphic with title "Understanding your bill".

Does it take a few days for the bill to show up online after the cut off date? Will I be able to pay it in self serve by credit card?
Oct 9, 2004
536 posts
5 upvotes
kulb wrote: So I cancelled my account two days ago - no hassles. Before I cancelled, my self-serve account showed that my next billing cut off date is 27th of November. There were also bunch of other self-serve menu options like overview, usage and my profile.

After cancellation, I noticed that there is nothing showing in the other menu options, the billing menu option is still there, but when I click to view my bill, it says "You do not have a balance owing", clicking on View my Bill button doesn't show anything - all I see is a Koodo graphic with title "Understanding your bill".

Does it take a few days for the bill to show up online after the cut off date? Will I be able to pay it in self serve by credit card?
Yes, it takes a few days to update.
Nov 23, 2012
475 posts
327 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
2x referal for 100$
150$ gift card
150$ bill credit

Was able to grab the only S9 left in a 100 KM radius, great deal.
Jan 2, 2011
533 posts
398 upvotes
Glad I was able to help you guys out.

For the people staying with koodo there hasn't been a better deal on S9.

For the phone flippers and guys who want to bail from koodo right away there still I don't think has been a better deal posted on RFD.

Cheers,

Happy Holidays!