Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] HOT HOT -- Edifier 1700BT Studio Series Active Bookshelf Speakers - $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15084 posts
2994 upvotes
Stuck in a Box

[Best Buy] HOT HOT -- Edifier 1700BT Studio Series Active Bookshelf Speakers - $129.99

We have been talking about the $99 1280T Speakers for their amazing value for dollar, and hadn't noticed that BestBuy also has the higher end model, and with BT connectivity on sale this week for $129.99. The R1700BT, the next step up from the R1280T, that sits roughly in the middle of Edifier’s bookshelf speaker line-up, offers superb sound quality, with nice high and midrange coverage, and very pleasant lows. These are also more powerful as well for sound output.

With a significant bump in on-paper specs in addition to wireless connectivity and other small tweaks that improve usability, the R1700’s an amazing best bang for speakers you can pick up for $200-250 category of speakers.

Review: https://www.audiophileon.com/news/edifi ... 0bt-review
Head-fi Reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/edifie ... 16/reviews

Specifications:
  • Total power output: 66W -- RMS 15W × 2 (treble) + 18W × 2(bass) (DRC ON)
  • Signal to noise ratio: 85dBA
  • Frequency response: 60Hz ~ 20KHz (@+/-6db)
  • Input sensitivity: PC: 700 mV ± 50 mV
  • AUX: 550 mV ± 50 mV
  • Input type: PC/AUX/Bluetooth
  • Treble driver: ȡ19 mm silk dome tweeter
  • Bass driver: 4 inch (116 mm)

Packaging and accessories:

Inside the box we find:
  1. R1700BT speakers
  2. 4-pin interconnect cable
  3. RCA to RCA cable
  4. RCA to 3.5 mm cable
  5. Remote control
These seem to be almost out of stock at nearby stores, so pick them up before they are totally OOS. I had to go 2 different best buy stores today to find actual stock tonight.

P.S. Amazon currently has them for $199 bucks.
Last edited by weedb0y on Dec 23rd, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
74 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1713 posts
3228 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't end up buying these, keep an eye on the Edifier website for deals. Back in May of this year, I bought the R1850DB for $149.97. Very happy with them.
https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/r1850db

Right now, they don't have any steep discounts on speaker systems.

One interesting note, even if you buy directly from their website, the orders get delivered from Amazon...
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1196 posts
476 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yeah, great review:

"This is complemented by the angular slant on the front face of the R1700BT.
Instead of just being the rectangular box that so many competitors
upwards of $400 employ these points slightly upward. "

Hahahahahahahahaha
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15084 posts
2994 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Skilas wrote: If you don't end up buying these, keep an eye on the Edifier website for deals. Back in May of this year, I bought the R1850DB for $149.97. Very happy with them.
https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/r1850db

Right now, they don't have any steep discounts on speaker systems.

One interesting note, even if you buy directly from their website, the orders get delivered from Amazon...
Not lately due to COVID and WFH setups.. R1850DB vs R1700BT difference is output for an optional subwoofer, everything else is same.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1658 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto
Great valued speakers, although as an audiophile, I wished I spent more on even better speakers like the Edifier S2000s or Audioengines.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15084 posts
2994 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
DarkReaper wrote: Great valued speakers, although as an audiophile, I wished I spent more on even better speakers like the Edifier S2000s or Audioengines.
Hell yes.

On that note, I am also very delighted by my R2000DB's as well. Superb coverage across 50hz-20khz. No need for sub with these.
Jul 15, 2008
314 posts
40 upvotes
Thanks OP, was looking for a soundbar around this price range for my laptop/desktop replacement.

Question, can I place these on the floors, or do they have to go on bookshelf or my desk?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1713 posts
3228 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Not lately due to COVID and WFH setups.. R1850DB vs R1700BT difference is output for an optional subwoofer, everything else is same.
Is everything else the same? I'm trying to see, but it's hard to find a nice side-by-side.

I'm assuming this Best Buy version is the same as this version on the Edifier:
https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/ ... -bookshelf
Except maybe the remote is different for some reason.

If I assume it is the same, the inputs for both seem to be different. Might make a difference to someone if they are using these speakers for the tv instead of their computer.
Based on the photos of the R1700BT, they only take RCA audio cables. It does however include a 3.5mm to RCA in the box.
The R1850DB also accepts Coaxial and Optical.

I don't actually know if there is any difference in sound quality. I just wanted to ensure people knew there were a couple more differences.

And the remotes are different too.
Jun 24, 2017
100 posts
96 upvotes
Bought a pair for my television. Not too fussy about sound but I like my edifier r1010bt speakers. Never use the bluetooth though, not even sure if it's working. Hard to use. Good sound for price though.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15084 posts
2994 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Skilas wrote: Is everything else the same? I'm trying to see, but it's hard to find a nice side-by-side.

I'm assuming this Best Buy version is the same as this version on the Edifier:
https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/ ... -bookshelf
Except maybe the remote is different for some reason.

If I assume it is the same, the inputs for both seem to be different. Might make a difference to someone if they are using these speakers for the tv instead of their computer.
Based on the photos of the R1700BT, they only take RCA audio cables. It does however include a 3.5mm to RCA in the box.
The R1850DB also accepts Coaxial and Optical.

I don't actually know if there is any difference in sound quality. I just wanted to ensure people knew there were a couple more differences.

And the remotes are different too.
Yes, the speaker is exactly the same except output for sub and optical in.
May 27, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
I have had R1850DB for my main PC for 2 years and also Audioengine a2+ for work/laptop set up. I like the R1850DB more especially with the remote. Bluetooth works fine.
Ordered one for my dad.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14667 posts
3538 upvotes
Is this good for TV?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 8, 2020
444 posts
403 upvotes
Speakers have "Luxurious MDF enclosure" or "Classic wood finish "

MDF = Medium-density fibreboard

How can anyone put MDF and Luxurious in the same description?

Too bad this does not have optical in for signal from my TV
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
LezOLee wrote: And sub out.
I will be waiting for these to go on sale lol. Thanks for mentioning these!