Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] *HOT* Insignia Air Fryer - 4.8L/5.1QT - Stainless Steel $69.99 ($100 OFF) - Currently on Backorder

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2021 1:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4707 posts
24603 upvotes
Montreal
pumpkinpies wrote: square basket versus round so you can get more food in at the same time

i found this guy online who compares a lot of different air fryers and actually ended up with this same model -

i have been trying to decide which air fryer i was going to get for the last couple of weeks and i picked this up last night but havent used it yet.
I've watched this video and I'm seriously wondering if the Insignia is simply a Kalorik model rebranded. This same Kalorik is $99 in Costco warehouse...I'd certainly get that for a cheaper price.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3456 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
krazykanuck wrote: I've watched this video and I'm seriously wondering if the Insignia is simply a Kalorik model rebranded. This same Kalorik is $99 in Costco warehouse...I'd certainly get that for a cheaper price.
i was about to buy the kalorik too until i noticed this one on sale. A lot of them certainly do look like they are the same and just rebranded under a different name.
Oct 15, 2013
796 posts
1270 upvotes
I had the previous model to this, was used close to daily for two years. Very happy with it. It was simple but did a great job.

Since moved onto the ninja air grill for versatility and it's a step up in quality but it was also 4 times the cost of this.
Dec 8, 2006
958 posts
571 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: I have owned this for almost 6 months now. I love it! I have not one negative thing to say about it other than having to clean it almost EVERYDAY cause I use it everyday. LOL.

And yes @sheyenne , you have to open it and give it a little shake now and then so stuff doesn't stick. That's with anything though. This is great for almost everything. Pigs in a blanket, bacon, steak, chicken wings, fish... great side piece is a veggie steamer. Have a complete meal done in under 20 minutes.
How’s the cleaning with the perforated basket?

The YouTube video on the first page made it look like a hassle.
Zoomer Wireless user 😄
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6576 posts
2949 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1625 posts
716 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: with fries, I think the way to go is to coat the fries in a bit of oil before cooking. Otherwise, with no oil at all, they come out fairly dry.
Interesting. Most frozen fries are already coated in oil.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1165 posts
1761 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: How’s the cleaning with the perforated basket?

The YouTube video on the first page made it look like a hassle.
Not really a hassle at all. I'm just lazy. LOL. But you soak it in hot water and soap for 20 minutes and use a rag. Never had any issues.
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1625 posts
716 upvotes
I ordered one. Thanks OP and to everyone with their opinions. Incidentally, I noticed the settings for fries is below 400F (390F).
Nov 15, 2013
915 posts
600 upvotes
Ottawa
Is 1700W normal? Seems high...making me question what my house is rated for.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1625 posts
716 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Is 1700W normal? Seems high...making me question what my house is rated for.
Usually it's 1500 watts. I don't think you can run an extension chord with this appliance.
Dec 11, 2006
442 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
Another member posted a Kalorik Maxx Digital Air Fryer Oven that I was contemplating last night, but looks sold out now. Was hesitating because I was looking for reviews on it. It has 26 quart capacity, so much larger and was on sale for $139.97

Kalorik Maxx Digital Air Fryer Oven
May 20, 2019
127 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
GTA1911 wrote: The negative reviews on the site talk about build quality & plastic smell in the food. Can you share your feedback ?
I haven't opened it yet. Waiting for a few days to see if a better deal comes up other branded ones.
"What is life if not Jr. McChicken with tomatoes....." - MellowSingh
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10860 posts
1985 upvotes
This is the video why I bought the Frigidaire 7.7L instead of the Ninja 3.8L.
frigidaire-6l-digital-air-fryer-black-e ... #p33527463
pumpkinpies wrote: square basket versus round so you can get more food in at the same time

i found this guy online who compares a lot of different air fryers and actually ended up with this same model -

This one looks very practical, but it might be too big to store in the cabinet and I don't like it it on the countertop. Do you know the width of the tray?
serioussamwich wrote: Anyone have any experience with the Air Fry Ovens like this one

Insignia Air Fryer Oven - 9.46L/10QT

We have been using a Breville Smart Oven Air toaster oven daily for many years now and it is starting to show it's age and I am looking for a replacement. Something bigger than a air fryer but smaller than the full size toaster oven might do the trick. Very little information online though about these air fryer ovens.
Last edited by 82 on Nov 24th, 2020 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3629 posts
708 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Usually it's 1500 watts. I don't think you can run an extension chord with this appliance.
Umm so what happens? Does it trip a breaker?
Dec 12, 2009
408 posts
207 upvotes
ordered the egg shaped one on Nov 9 and it still has not arrived. Going to pick up this square shaped one from the store tomorrow instead and return the other one when it arrives.
Jan 24, 2011
449 posts
273 upvotes
Montreal

i have been trying to decide which air fryer i was going to get for the last couple of weeks and i picked this up last night but havent used it yet.
AFAIK, this unit is analog and has only one fan speed. The one from Costco Ninja has 4 fan speeds depending on the chosen mode.
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Jun 6, 2018
237 posts
314 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Is 1700W normal? Seems high...making me question what my house is rated for.
A hair dryer uses 1800W, a microwave is 1200-2000W, you'll be fine
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11281 posts
660 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been reading up on air fryers, but adding another appliance has me wondering about converting my existing Instant Pot.

I have an 8qt one we use almost daily, and it looks like you can buy a lid to convert them into a fryer. Has anyone with an Instant Pot done that.... and if so, did it work or did you decide to get a separate fryer instead?
- Absolute
Aug 6, 2019
433 posts
891 upvotes
Ottawa
krazykanuck wrote: I've watched this video and I'm seriously wondering if the Insignia is simply a Kalorik model rebranded. This same Kalorik is $99 in Costco warehouse...I'd certainly get that for a cheaper price.
pumpkinpies wrote: i was about to buy the kalorik too until i noticed this one on sale. A lot of them certainly do look like they are the same and just rebranded under a different name.
It may or may not be a Kalorik rebrand. I say this because I purchased the Kalorik one from Costco and the tray does not come off like the one in the video. Kalorik's one is not detachable but it has a removable trivet so you're not losing out as much space as you would with the Insignia one.