Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Hot! Koodo LG G7 One for $0 on Medium Tab Again

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2018 9:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB

[Best Buy] Hot! Koodo LG G7 One for $0 on Medium Tab Again

The current Dec 7 - 13, 2018 Best Buy flyer shows the LG G7 One from Koodo for $0 upfront and get a $100 Best Buy gift card on a Koodo Medium Tab. This is the same/similar to the Black Friday deal we saw in the past few weeks that expired. The LG G7 One is a step below the top level LG G7 Thinq phone but it seems like a lot of people like it..
KoodoLGG7OneBestBuy.PNG

If you get the phone and cancel the next day, the phone will cost you a net of about:
+$0 upfront
+$35 activation fee
+360 Medium Tab
-$100 Best Buy gift card

Net cost: ~$295 + tax, and unhappy sales person from making less commission who may not sell you a phone the next time. You will also either have to call in to try to cancel or port out the line to another company.

If you get the phone and stay for 3 months to get the Koodo referral credits, the phone will cost you a net of about:
+$0 upfront
+$35 activation fee
+360 Medium Tab
+$45 x 3 to get the base Promotion $45 Medium plan for 3 months (2 GB data, 500 minutes)
-$100 Best Buy gift card
-$20 Referral credit given in month 2 and 3. $30 more referral credit is given if you stay another 3 months.

Net cost: $410 + tax, and the sales person will be glad to see you again

If you go the 3 month referral route, you will need to get a referral link from an existing Koodo customer AND click on that link to register BEFORE going to the store.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 10th, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field
76 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes
might offer $200 GC or $250 gc during boxing week.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Sep 4, 2015
525 posts
476 upvotes
What can Android (or?) One devices not run or which programs are not supported? I have this phone and you can download a lot of the bloatware apps that come stock with the ThinQ/G7 but you don't have to - which is the beauty of Android One devices. Heck, they even upgraded the camera app when they released Android Pie for it.

I think you're thinking of Android Go which is meant for very low end devices which are meant to run a lot of Go apps which I agree suck. Android One is now just vanilla android for devices not in the pixel lineup AFAIK.

FYI: It has the same processor as the Pixel 2XL and it has an incredible 4k display. That being said it runs out of battery every night by like 9:30 p.m. for me. Even PUBG - arguably the most demanding app - is compatible with this phone and should run fine - though I'll have to test that.

Bought this phone on Black Friday on tab medium and got $150 in gift cards and $50 in trade in credit. Like Thatdealguy said, it will likely be $200 gift card on boxing day if you can wait...
Making my money go further with RFD since 2017

$25/25GB PhoneBox
$25/20GB Fido Plan
$30/10GB PhoneBox plan
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
I kind of like this phone, but seem like the resale market is not good.
I sold it for less than my tab balance + tax.
First mean I lost $, because I got GC, and I really need the line anyway.
But if for resale, I will pick other model in future.

I just miss out on S9 deal.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Am a Koodo customer, I have never use android phone before. Will you pick G7 one or P20?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
User131439 wrote: Calling this a step below the G7 is misleading. It's running Android or, which is great for low powered devices - but there are a LOT of compromises and programs that are not supported. For anything higher then Tab S + GC, it's not worth the sacrifice.
Such as?

I have this phone and I can do everything I could on my previous flagships with it. What programs am I missing out on? And what compromises are there?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Lol I love this phone, I don't have any issues with it, retiring my Pixel 2 for this phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Focus wrote: Am a Koodo customer, I have never use android phone before. Will you pick G7 one or P20?
If at about the same price, I would definitely pick the P20 over the G7 One. The P20 has 128 GB storage compared to only 32 GB on the G7 and the P20 has a much better rear camera, too. The P20 wins hands down.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
601 upvotes
Brandon
User131439 wrote: Calling this a step below the G7 is misleading. It's running Android or, which is great for low powered devices - but there are a LOT of compromises and programs that are not supported. For anything higher then Tab S + GC, it's not worth the sacrifice.
So the ThinQ would be a better device then?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
601 upvotes
Brandon
JoeStale wrote: If at about the same price, I would definitely pick the P20 over the G7 One. The P20 has 128 GB storage compared to only 32 GB on the G7 and the P20 has a much better rear camera, too. The P20 wins hands down.
But the P20 has no expandable storage ( aka memory card slot ) and no headphone jack...
Oct 4, 2010
63 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I've had the G7 One for a few weeks and it's a fantastic phone. If you like your ears and listen to music using headphones, the DAC in this phone is second to none. Best music listening experience on a phone ever.
Most overlook this thinking that all phones are the same with headphone jack output. Dongle or not.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
JoeStale wrote: If at about the same price, I would definitely pick the P20 over the G7 One. The P20 has 128 GB storage compared to only 32 GB on the G7 and the P20 has a much better rear camera, too. The P20 wins hands down.
I have both the G7 One and the P20 and I disagree that the P20 has a markedly better camera. I have used the G7 One for weeks now and I am consistently impressed at how good its pictures are. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and overall the difference really isn't that significant.

People believe Huawei phones are considerably better because they pay DxoMark for better grades and LG doesn't want anything to do with them so they grade them early 80s for every phone.
Jun 23, 2007
48 posts
28 upvotes
Kitchener
Picked this phone up earlier this week. Coming from a Zenfone 2 Laser, this phone is incredible.
Nov 24, 2003
423 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I thought that the BB gift cards required you to keep the acct active for a few months. Last time I looked at doing something like this that was the case.

Also, if you do this is the phone unlocked?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1889 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
goathead wrote: I thought that the BB gift cards required you to keep the acct active for a few months. Last time I looked at doing something like this that was the case.

Also, if you do this is the phone unlocked?
That's just something they tell you to try to scare you and keep their commission. They need you to stay on Koodo for 90 days to get full commission but there is nothing in the terms or conditions that enforces this.

All phones sold in Canada now or in the past must be unlocked by law.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
fenixthecat wrote: I've had the G7 One for a few weeks and it's a fantastic phone. If you like your ears and listen to music using headphones, the DAC in this phone is second to none. Best music listening experience on a phone ever.
Most overlook this thinking that all phones are the same with headphone jack output. Dongle or not.
That's the single most important thing that tempts me to sell my s8 and buy a g7 one. DAC's in most phone's are pretty mediocre. I still use a 2nd device for music which is annoying. I think it's great that LG is putting high quality DAC's in their phones.
Nov 24, 2003
423 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
JoeStale wrote: That's just something they tell you to try to scare you and keep their commission. They need you to stay on Koodo for 90 days to get full commission but there is nothing in the terms or conditions that enforces this.

All phones sold in Canada now or in the past must be unlocked by law.
Nice, thanks. How often can you do this? Does Koodo put a limit on how often you can sign up?
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
canadianclub wrote: What can Android (or?) One devices not run or which programs are not supported? I have this phone and you can download a lot of the bloatware apps that come stock with the ThinQ/G7 but you don't have to - which is the beauty of Android One devices. Heck, they even upgraded the camera app when they released Android Pie for it.

I think you're thinking of Android Go which is meant for very low end devices which are meant to run a lot of Go apps which I agree suck. Android One is now just vanilla android for devices not in the pixel lineup AFAIK.

FYI: It has the same processor as the Pixel 2XL and it has an incredible 4k display. That being said it runs out of battery every night by like 9:30 p.m. for me. Even PUBG - arguably the most demanding app - is compatible with this phone and should run fine - though I'll have to test that.

Bought this phone on Black Friday on tab medium and got $150 in gift cards and $50 in trade in credit. Like Thatdealguy said, it will likely be $200 gift card on boxing day if you can wait...
Yep, my bad on that. 'GO' is the useless one. I deleted my comment - but I'm glad you pointed it out so I don't make that mistake anymore :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)