Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] HOT: Nikon D610 Body + AF-S 50mm f/1.8G + MB-D14 Battery Grip + WU-1b Wireless Adapter ~$1199

[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Best Buy] HOT: Nikon D610 Body + AF-S 50mm f/1.8G + MB-D14 Battery Grip + WU-1b Wireless Adapter ~$1199

Nikon D610 Body + AF-S 50mm f/1.8G + MB-D14 Battery Grip + WU-1b Wireless Adapter ~$1199

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ni ... erm=644465

https://www.amazon.ca/D610-Holiday-Batt ... 3PZQGTZ3EM
Last edited by ashwani2k on Dec 10th, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
69 replies
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The chepest way to full frame photography with Nikon back. With f/1.8 G, you will get sure outstanding results.
Sep 21, 2007
331 posts
39 upvotes
Good deal on the camera but according to latest Nikon financial reports they may be going out of business after the extremely disappointing launch of the Z series mirrorless cameras.
May 20, 2011
117 posts
127 upvotes
CALGARY
Wow, this is awesome. I got my D600 when it came out with a kit lens for about $2k. Prices went up significantly afterwards. I guess it really has come back down! 1200 for a full frame body, sharp prime lens and battery grip is a great way to enter the market. Still waiting for my skills to catch up to the capability of the camera before upgrading though.
May 20, 2011
117 posts
127 upvotes
CALGARY
Fireflies wrote: Good deal on the camera but according to latest Nikon financial reports they may be going out of business after the extremely disappointing launch of the Z series mirrorless cameras.
Holy crap, I haven't kept up to date with camera news. Seriously? That bad?
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Fireflies wrote: Good deal on the camera but according to latest Nikon financial reports they may be going out of business after the extremely disappointing launch of the Z series mirrorless cameras.
Not true. But in the worst case, if this happens, you and your outstanding camera is not going to be affected in any way. Anyone willing to upgrade to a full-frame, this is probably the best deal so far. Also, the prices of FX lenses are falling down.
And BTW, their Z-Series also doing well, it is just the competition which is now getting bigger with mirrorless.
Dec 27, 2017
137 posts
114 upvotes
iRSX2011 wrote: Holy crap, I haven't kept up to date with camera news. Seriously? That bad?
Yes, that's what I heard as well. Google "Nikon is dying".
Jul 29, 2016
164 posts
114 upvotes
iRSX2011 wrote: Holy crap, I haven't kept up to date with camera news. Seriously? That bad?
Good for you, according to those "news" Olympus is selling their business, Nikon is dead and only Sony is going to survive. So everybody has to buy Sony.
Not a bad tactic from S to black advertise others.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB
cingulum wrote: Yes, that's what I heard as well. Google "Nikon is dying".
Does that mean, what Tony and Chelsea Northrup say (which is their personal opinion) will be true? No, not at all. Nikon is not going to die.
I own D750 and love this camera. If I was in the market looking for a full-frame, I would have bought D610 today without any hesitation.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1422 posts
377 upvotes
Bedford
Outstanding pricing on this. I sold my D600 with 40K clicks for $700 last spring, so this pricing is quite good. The Z6 bodies I replaced it with are really not much better for stills, video is another matter.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1142 posts
883 upvotes
Wicked deal...

Nikon is not "going to die." They're a huge company with lots of professional photographers using their gear. There's no way this company will disappear unless something absolutely catastrophic happens.
Dec 31, 2006
266 posts
185 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: Wicked deal...

Nikon is not "going to die." They're a huge company with lots of professional photographers using their gear. There's no way this company will disappear unless something absolutely catastrophic happens.
It is happening. We small humans like to say much about everything, based on our big emotions.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16059 posts
8932 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iRSX2011 wrote: Wow, this is awesome. I got my D600 when it came out with a kit lens for about $2k. Prices went up significantly afterwards. I guess it really has come back down! 1200 for a full frame body, sharp prime lens and battery grip is a great way to enter the market. Still waiting for my skills to catch up to the capability of the camera before upgrading though.
If you still have your D600, don't forget to take advantage of the free sensor cleaning from Nikon until early January when Nikon will discountinue the program. I sent mine in a few weeks ago and they not only cleaned the sensor but ended up replacing the shutter as well for free.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1537 posts
367 upvotes
Edmonton
oh wow,
that's crazy hot price -
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
212 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Tempting to buy, will gift someone on Christmas Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5579 posts
2161 upvotes
Debtario
D610 is quite old tech, though a solid performer and still excellent. I'd be seriously tempted had I not bought a D7200 with kit 18-140mm for $1K last year, $200 step up to FF with grip and a 50mm thrown in would have been worth it. I do love the 8fps burst of my D7500 though, those convenience gimmicks like touch/tilt screen and wifi/Bluetooth connectivity are also quite handy.

The D750 is also on sale, you can get a 50mm lens for the same price as the body-only.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1914 posts
2394 upvotes
GTA
cingulum wrote: Yes, that's what I heard as well. Google "Nikon is dying".
clickbait to drive ad revenue.

They're not in the best position, but they, along with Canon and Sony will survive. Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic and others who have a lot less market share are in worst trouble as far as camera sales (many of those companies have other divisions and cameras are a small part of their revenue).
May 20, 2011
117 posts
127 upvotes
CALGARY
craftsman wrote: If you still have your D600, don't forget to take advantage of the free sensor cleaning from Nikon until early January when Nikon will discountinue the program. I sent mine in a few weeks ago and they not only cleaned the sensor but ended up replacing the shutter as well for free.
I actually had this done when my mirror had that oil issue. They replaced the shutter mechanism and it's been great since. Can I still get it cleaned after they've replaced the entire mechanism?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16059 posts
8932 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
iRSX2011 wrote: I actually had this done when my mirror had that oil issue. They replaced the shutter mechanism and it's been great since. Can I still get it cleaned after they've replaced the entire mechanism?
I don't know for sure but I don't see why not as the program was for cleaning of the sensor. You should contact Nikon to check however.
Dec 24, 2013
66 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
how does one find these holiday bundles on amazon? i doubt cx3 site tracks this stuff. did you just happen to stumble upon it looking at nikon stuff? hoping to find some sony gear like this.