• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 10:19 pm
[OP]
Aug 6, 2015
111 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Best Buy] HOT! PSVR with Astro Bot & Moss Bundle $279.95

HOT! $279.95 for Playstation VR with two best VR games ever - Astro Bot & Moss.
25 replies
Jun 9, 2013
319 posts
209 upvotes
Surrey
cant return if opened. watch out.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3369 posts
1884 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
kjc123 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 3:04 pm
cant return if opened. watch out.
wtf? I guess VR Tech is not there yet then if they can't back it up.
---
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2021 posts
1342 upvotes
Kitchener
Not a good price... Does not include the move controllers
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Nov 26, 2013
562 posts
374 upvotes
Winnipeg
kanechart wrote:
May 17th, 2019 3:12 pm
wtf? I guess VR Tech is not there yet then if they can't back it up.
You can't return because of hygiene issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1158 posts
726 upvotes
Nepean
With the Oculus Quest coming out Tuesday, it's kinda hard to justify being Tangled in a web of wires..I know the Quest is a lot more expensive, but it's freedom so that's what I'll be going for. Previous owner of PSVR
Jan 5, 2016
324 posts
191 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Where may one find a better deal with better return policy? Asking because no flux capacitor for time machine. TIA
Dec 9, 2015
134 posts
211 upvotes
Why is it bizarre that it's not returnable once opened? And why buy based on the plan to return it anyways? They don't want to try and clean off your dandruff and/or lice to resell it. It's a health concern.
It's a good deal if you actually want PSVR.
Oct 25, 2018
529 posts
563 upvotes
ReaperEXE wrote:
May 17th, 2019 3:32 pm
You can't return because of hygiene issues.
For sale 2-1 combo:
Slightly used, sweaty, VR headset and pink eye.
Feb 22, 2012
468 posts
502 upvotes
Canada
Ter350056 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 7:23 pm

It's a good deal if you actually want PSVR.
It's an 'OK' deal if you actually want VR.

This exact bundle has been on sale for $249 more than once at multiple retailers.

I personally see alot of epic bargain bin PSVR deals later on, especially with PS5 rumored to be so close (2020 release)
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6969 posts
2796 upvotes
Toronto
If you already have a PS4 and want to try VR it's the cheapest way in, Quest will be great but double the price. Price might go up and down but don't think the deep discounts will come until close to PS5.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2366 posts
536 upvotes
Belle River
Heythumb88 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 5:37 pm
With the Oculus Quest coming out Tuesday, it's kinda hard to justify being Tangled in a web of wires..I know the Quest is a lot more expensive, but it's freedom so that's what I'll be going for. Previous owner of PSVR
I haven't followed this stuff, but if it's wireless standalone it's gotta be fairly limited power right? Maybe equivalent to a Nintendo Switch at most? Phone-level VR then?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4020 posts
2006 upvotes
So, I had bought the PSVR and I was very excited to try it. Boy was I mistaken of how “amazing” it would be.

Setting it up was not the most fun, cables everywhere once it’s conmected. Then when you put the headset on, you have to worry to not pull the cables and rip the tiny processor off the counter or the cables out of It.

I thought I had adjusted the headset very well to my head, but it was hard as hell to get a good view of the 3D screen. This was mainly due to the headset still having a small gap when it’s on your head and it wouldn’t properly stay down on my face, in turn it kept pushing off my face and I kept loosing the focus/vision on the 3D screen.

I promptly packed the unit up and returned it, luckily I got my money back....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6514 posts
3409 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Styleman wrote:
May 19th, 2019 12:56 pm
It's an 'OK' deal if you actually want VR.

This exact bundle has been on sale for $249 more than once at multiple retailers.

I personally see alot of epic bargain bin PSVR deals later on, especially with PS5 rumored to be so close (2020 release)
Bargain Bin?
Why?
Sony has already confirmed that the current PSVR will work with their next as of yet still unnamed console (PS5???).

Might wanna do a bit of research before spreading misinformation.
https://uploadvr.com/next-playstation-psvr/

"As for VR, Cerny had just one thing to say. “I won’t go into the details of our VR strategy today,” he stated, “beyond saying that VR is very important to us and that the current PSVR headset is compatible with the new console.”
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6969 posts
2796 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
May 19th, 2019 2:16 pm
I thought I had adjusted the headset very well to my head, but it was hard as hell to get a good view of the 3D screen. This was mainly due to the headset still having a small gap when it’s on your head and it wouldn’t properly stay down on my face, in turn it kept pushing off my face and I kept loosing the focus/vision on the 3D screen.

I promptly packed the unit up and returned it, luckily I got my money back....
Never had an issue with focus, make sure to set your IPD in the software as not everyone is the same. I found it much quicker to adjust than my Rift and like the fact you can slide it away from your face if needed.

By far the most glasses-friendly headset if that's your thing, also due to the sliding mechanism.

But I agree the initial setup can be a pain, look up some reviews on Quest if you don't want to deal with cables.
Last edited by Angultra on May 20th, 2019 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.