Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HOT! Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar $325 with Price Match

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2018 10:31 am
Dec 5, 2010
65 posts
68 upvotes
toronto

[Best Buy] HOT! Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar $325 with Price Match

Missed the $400 black Friday price.
On sale for $349.99 at xdmedia.ca
Best Buy has this back at regular price for $599.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... 84522.aspx?
Just price matched for $325.

Very well reviewed sound bar!
57 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1757 posts
1143 upvotes
Vancouver
Is XD Media a legit retailer?

They don't have a physical address posted on their website.
They are using a GMAIL email address on their contact page: https://xdmedia.ca/pages/contact
When I do a whois on the domain, it doesn't come back with the owner/address of the domain.

If they are legit, I suspect they are just drop shipping items from a distributor.

But the fact that they don't disclose their contact information means they are probably a fly by night operation. If something goes wrong, they can easily shut down and you'll be out of luck.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
kennyt18 wrote: Is XD Media a legit retailer?

They don't have a physical address posted on their website.
They are using a GMAIL email address on their contact page: https://xdmedia.ca/pages/contact
When I do a whois on the domain, it doesn't come back with the owner/address of the domain.

If they are legit, I suspect they are just drop shipping items from a distributor.

But the fact that they don't disclose their contact information means they are probably a fly by night operation. If something goes wrong, they can easily shut down and you'll be out of luck.
I think the idea here was to just use them for a Price Beat at Best Buy. YMMV if they accept xdmedia.ca or not though.
Mar 9, 2016
20 posts
3 upvotes
I bought this sound bar last year when it first came out. It is a great sound bar. For this price, it's a steal if BB can price match it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19427 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Would like to get ppl's thoughts on this soundbar
Sep 26, 2012
534 posts
297 upvotes
Thornhill
I'm a newbie in market for a set of TV sound system. Would a 5 speakers set 5.1 always be preferred over a sound bar with subwoofer if the price difference isn't over I.e. $200? I mean, you are getting sound from all over the place instead of one direction.
Thx in advance.
Sep 8, 2010
50 posts
24 upvotes
Winnipeg
I purchased a 55inch Samsung Ks8000 tv from them last year. Delivered promptly and had no problems during the entire process. Shipped from Ontario.

They're also found on Amazon. See second screenshot. Not sure if this helps at all.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19427 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Was able to pm with my local best buy.
$366 all in.
Jul 21, 2015
21 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Which one did you go to? I tried two and they won't price match :(
Dec 24, 2017
382 posts
556 upvotes
Vancouver
Which one ? I tried Robson & Granville with little success as they said they will call me to confirm.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19427 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The Richmond one.
I'm having issues connecting to my tv though.

I've attached the HDMI cable to the TV and the power is plugged in but still no sound.
I've tried all the options (dni, bt, HDMI, wifi, etc) and nothing...what gives?

I tried Bluetooth and it works. My tv does not support optical.
Images
  • 1521867161402-1038669650.jpg
  • 1521867194657-1130398283.jpg
Dec 24, 2017
382 posts
556 upvotes
Vancouver
stovetop wrote: The Richmond one.
I'm having issues connecting to my tv though.

I've attached the HDMI cable to the TV and the power is plugged in but still no sound.
I've tried all the options (dni, bt, HDMI, wifi, etc) and nothing...what gives?

I tried Bluetooth and it works. My tv does not support optical.
Thanks ! I will check with them tmrw, hopefully they have some stock and do PM.

For the sound issue, check the "Troubleshooting an HDMI Setup" section in this link https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how- ... g-audiobar
Guessing you missed the step 3(pressing the Anynet button(right direction button))
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19427 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what the anynet button is.
I called Costco concierge about my haier 65e3550 tv and he said HDMI won't be supported bc it's not the arc in...just HDMI
He said I could try using the red and white cable and using the aux in Port but sound quality may be comprised.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Not sure what the anynet button is.
I called Costco concierge about my haier 65e3550 tv and he said HDMI won't be supported bc it's not the arc in...just HDMI
He said I could try using the red and white cable and using the aux in Port but sound quality may be comprised.
I'm not seeing anything that says the tv supports arc unfortunately.
Aug 25, 2017
2 posts
Bought this unit a few months ago at regular price. This is a great deal at the moment. Sound quality is amazing!
Aug 21, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Thanks OP, was able to price-match at Bestbuy in Kanata no problem. Paid $370 all in.
Mar 9, 2008
843 posts
377 upvotes
Should I return my Vizio 36 5.1 speaker for this?

I wish there were chrome audio cast... To link to my Google
Home
Dec 21, 2017
349 posts
60 upvotes
Scarborough
Can this be paired with Bluetooth sub later from other manufacturer?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)