Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] **Hot** UE Boom 2 - Bluetooth Speaker "Afterhours" model

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:14 pm
Feb 25, 2010
441 posts
449 upvotes
HALIFAX
How does this compare to the UE Roll? Wirecutter had it rated as the best wireless bluetooth speaker and it's only 69.95 at costco.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15028 posts
6101 upvotes
explorer11 wrote: Come on people. Can anyone talk me out of this. I think im going to get one one.
The bass output on this speaker completely sucks and you can get a much better sounding bluetooth speaker for $100. I hope that helps. This speaker is nice if you have the specific use case for it. But there are better options for $100 IMO.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Apr 28, 2015
64 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: The bass output on this speaker completely sucks and you can get a much better sounding bluetooth speaker for $100. I hope that helps. This speaker is nice if you have the specific use case for it. But there are better options for $100 IMO.
examples?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15028 posts
6101 upvotes
Ridamark wrote: examples?
I got my Sony SRS-X55 for less than that and it sounds incredible. I have a $60 Aukey speaker that sounds better also. Anker too.

The UE Boom 2 is decent but the lack of bass killed it for me. The midrange and treble sound brilliant on it but you do need some bass for music to sound good. Nice design though. It's a nice speaker.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2006
1204 posts
202 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I got my Sony SRS-X55 for less than that and it sounds incredible. I have a $60 Aukey speaker that sounds better also. Anker too.

The UE Boom 2 is decent but the lack of bass killed it for me. The midrange and treble sound brilliant on it but you do need some bass for music to sound good. Nice design though. It's a nice speaker.
Which Anker speaker do you have that you consider on par/better than the UE Boom 2?
Looking for not only sound quality but max volume, too.

Very curious. Would love to pick one up myself and do some comparisons.. I have quite a few other Anker products and love their stuff typically.
Holdin' it down like a fat kid on a see-saw.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15028 posts
6101 upvotes
InFeXiOn wrote: Which Anker speaker do you have that you consider on par/better than the UE Boom 2?
Looking for not only sound quality but max volume, too.

Very curious. Would love to pick one up myself and do some comparisons.. I have quite a few other Anker products and love their stuff typically.
This one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Bluetooth-S ... th+speaker

It's not that great either though. It has decent bass but the midrange and treble lack the sparkle that you will get on nicer units. Plus it's only 10w. 20w or even 30w is better.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Dec 4, 2016
358 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal
Is this the best option to listen to music while taking a shower/bath?
Penalty Box
Dec 31, 2006
266 posts
185 upvotes
HowEver wrote: For bluetooth + waterproof and soundwise, you can't beat Fugoo.com speakers. I have the Sport.
did you mean, I'm not sure?
Jun 17, 2013
193 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed..I tested this in Bestbuy today. SOUND was ok but bass was terrible
--Bell 1 gb Fibe Internet + TV + Home Phone $75 + tax
--- 2 Fido 3 gb data plan $0 for 12 months Using with Fongo App
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5071 posts
1390 upvotes
BMWWW wrote: Use this in the shower, and it takes your shower to another level!
If your friend has one, you can link them up as well!
Sounds like fun times ahead for you and your friend in your shower!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5071 posts
1390 upvotes
It really bothers me that they released a speaker called the Boom, and it lacks bass.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5537 posts
1286 upvotes
Danzak wrote: how do you like it? I'm looking for a waterproof bluetooth speaker and was considering the JBL Charge but the price is better on this one. How's the sound?
Very good. Battery seems to do fairly fast after a while though. Almost like even if not using it it slowly drains. As mentioned bass is not the best but sound is nice.
Just look at the reviews:
https://www.amazon.ca/UE-BOOM-Wireless- ... B014M8ZO8S
Aug 25, 2008
553 posts
403 upvotes
Bought TWO Oonzt Angle 3 Ultra (Cambridge Soundworks) that pair so that one is left channel and the other is right for less than one of these. Killer sound. Shop around.
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
Dec 19, 2005
123 posts
9 upvotes
IMHO, I still believe that the JBL Xtreme 1 or 2 is among the best wireless speakers on the market.
Dec 30, 2006
228 posts
125 upvotes
Oakville
I also have srs-x55 and it is amazing. Good bass fuller sound but nice clarity. I have UE boom 2 and like it for shower and it’s fairly clear and nice high end but low end just so so. Overall decent but wish I could get a backup srsx55 because if mine dies I’m not sure what sounds as good for the price. It for $99 the UE boom 2 to me is a good deal and I almost want to get another for the stereo option. Trying to resist.