Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Hover-1 Journey Foldable Electric Scooter - 26km Range - 22.5km/h Top Speed - Lightweight - Black - $499.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 8:51 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes

[Best Buy] Hover-1 Journey Foldable Electric Scooter - 26km Range - 22.5km/h Top Speed - Lightweight - Black - $499.99

Not sure if this is any good...but it's on sale.

Reviewer Recommendation: 86%

Of the 108 reviewers who responded, 93 would recommend this product.

Specs: https://hover-1-rideables.myshopify.com ... 1217335340

300W motor.
24 replies
Dec 10, 2012
140 posts
245 upvotes
TERREBONNE
The original price seem inflated a bit but its probably a decent deal at 499$. We have 3 electric scooter at home, one is an Hover-1 Rally and the build quality is excellent. Let us know if you pull the trigger!
Apr 6, 2020
38 posts
48 upvotes
shopperisbest wrote: Do I have to wear helmet to ride this?
Not sure about winnipeg, but as long as you're not under the age 18 you don't need one.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7491 posts
4095 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have to wear a seatbelt? No, but when you go flying through the windshield then you have only yourself to blame.

Forget whether it's legal or illegal, those are man made rules designed to protect you and others. Nobody can force you to wear one, so it's up to you. If you don't wear one and get a brain injury, then that's on you.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Do you have to wear a seatbelt? No, but when you go flying through the windshield then you have only yourself to blame.

Forget whether it's legal or illegal, those are man made rules designed to protect you and others. Nobody can force you to wear one, so it's up to you. If you don't wear one and get a brain injury, then that's on you.
With recent event, it's clear that some will say: "But you can still get injured...so a helmet is useless"

Some people just don't understand how protective gears are intended to work. We really have some dumb people around...
Sep 21, 2008
627 posts
949 upvotes
Or maybe he just wanted to know the law? :/

fightbriz wrote: Do you have to wear a seatbelt? No, but when you go flying through the windshield then you have only yourself to blame.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
buriboi wrote: Or maybe he just wanted to know the law? :/
Not the right forum for legal consultation.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37376 posts
5238 upvotes
Winnipeg
Redcontrollers wrote: Just buy the Xiaomi Mi M365 and thank me later
i want the pro2.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Nov 13, 2017
75 posts
191 upvotes
I have this scooter. It’s a blast to ride. Handles my 220lbs weight quite easily. If the hill grade is more than 5 degrees than it struggles a bit. The kids love it. It goes to 25 kph which feels fast enough. I don’t use a helmet, but lately I have been feeling a little conscious riding it after my first born said I look like a garden gnome.

The throttle is a bit low quality. Something broke inside mine and it’s been a bit sticky since, but usable.
Also if I go up a steep hill and keep at full throttle, it overheats and shuts off for 15 minutes. I thought it got cooked.
I got it from US Walmart when it was 150 usd During Christmas. Shipped it here via cross border pickups.
I think it was money well spent. The kids love it. I got a 3 yr Warranty just in case the battery or motor craps out before that time. It was cheap insurance for 14 bucks if I remember correctly.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1479 posts
3447 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You don't have to, but you also don't have to wear shoes when you walk, or clothes when you cook, or a life vest in a lake. Your funeral really. Shit happens you know.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
buriboi wrote: I think it was a fair question to ask in a thread devoted to the cost (overall!) of a scooter.

Anyhow, i believe this is a link to the answer courtesy of the MTO:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicl ... ters.shtml

Short answer, : under 18 = helmet.
He / she was asking must a helmet be worn (may / may not already have a helmet). It wasn't a cost question.

Let's play this...cost thing...I'll up the stake beyond financial cost: His / her brain / skull / neck...etc.

So, back to the question "Do I have to wear helmet to ride this?" No, he / she doesn't "have" to. No one has to do anything, regarding anything (that's right, including you don't have to breathe if you don't want to). It's just a matter of the consequences one can live with.

Maybe he / she failed to observe the general safety behaviour of humans in developed countries on planet Earth:
When you are a free body (not in a container / cage) participating in an activity where you're on a mobile platform (ice skating, rollerblading, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, cycling) where your head has a reasonable likelihood to hit other foreign object(s) at speed (e.g. ground, light pole, tree, another person's head), may / may not be due to a fall, then a helmet is strongly recommended.

Mind you, it's a 'general' behaviour, exceptions apply...such as, but not limited to, really stupid humans, brain-damaged humans, extraterrestrial with vastly different / superior exoskeleton / physiology. Normal humans + smart humans have a strong tendency to have some degree of ability to foresee potential bad / worse case / outcome before they happen...and also have the tendency to wish to avoid them with various degree of preventative measures, such that the (quality) life can be prolonged.
Last edited by chatbox on Jul 2nd, 2020 2:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jun 4, 2018
318 posts
208 upvotes
chatbox wrote: He / she was asking must a helmet be worn (may / may not already have a helmet). It wasn't a cost question.

Let's play this...cost thing...I'll up the stake beyond financial cost: His / her brain / skull / neck...etc.

So, back to the question "Do I have to wear helmet to ride this?" No, he / she doesn't "have" to. No one has to do anything, regarding anything (that's right, including you don't have to breath if you don't want to). It's just a matter of the consequences one can live with.
Well, at least free healthcare in Ontario Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11542 posts
9173 upvotes
Toronto
You'll want to; I tried scooter shares in the US before and every little pothole / bump felt sketchy with the tiny wheels, double sketchy in damp conditions.
Sep 21, 2008
627 posts
949 upvotes
chatbox wrote: He / she was asking must a helmet be worn (may / may not already have a helmet). It wasn't a cost question.

So, back to the question "Do I have to wear helmet to ride this?" No, he / she doesn't "have" to. No one has to do anything, regarding anything (that's right, including you don't have to breathe if you don't want to). It's just a matter of the consequences one can live with.

Maybe he / she failed to observe the general safety behaviour of humans in developed countries on planet Earth:
When you are a free body (not in a container / cage) participating in an activity where you're on a mobile platform (ice skating, rollerblading, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, cycling) where your head has a reasonable likelihood to hit other foreign object(s) at speed (e.g. ground, light pole, tree, another person's head), may / may not be due to a fall, then a helmet is strongly recommended.

Mind you, it's a 'general' behaviour, exceptions apply...such as, but not limited to, really stupid humans, brain-damaged humans, extraterrestrial with vastly different / superior exoskeleton / physiology. Normal humans + smart humans have a strong tendency to have some degree of ability to foresee potential bad / worse case / outcome before they happen...and also have the tendency to wish to avoid them with various degree of preventative measures, such that the (quality) life can be prolonged.
Lolol. Cool story, brah.

I'm always amazed by RFD
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
us real kids that grew up here learned to tuck and roll...couldn't afford helmets

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)