Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] HP 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Black (AMD Ryzen 5 4600H/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/Win 10) - $799

Aug 24, 2007
484 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
Can you charge the laptop with the USB -C port ?
Jan 29, 2010
329 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria
planavr wrote: Ya I bought it at $799, then again at $749... and I bought this Best buy one now too...

So I have 3 laptops heading to my house taking forever because Canada Post is so slow right now.

I'll just send the first one back right away and then compare the HP versus the Asus.

I don't know if you really need the 1650 with a 1080p resolution for the extra $$
I wonder what is going on in the World that would cause Canada Post to be So slow right now???
Feb 1, 2011
107 posts
71 upvotes
Northguy wrote: I wonder what is going on in the World that would cause Canada Post to be So slow right now???
UPS, Purolator and FedEx can deliver packages 3x as fast as Canada Post. Don't blame coronavirus for the inefficiency of Canada Post.
Dec 26, 2012
786 posts
580 upvotes
Quebec
planavr wrote: UPS, Purolator and FedEx can deliver packages 3x as fast as Canada Post. Don't blame coronavirus for the inefficiency of Canada Post.
Canada Post's volume right now is about 300% of what it normally is this time of year. They reached a new historic high of 2.1 millions parcel in one day back on may 19th, Every shipping company feels the effect of the covid online purchase boom but the largest share of these new parcels go trough Canada Post, not the other private services. The large increase of bulky household items like mini-fridge and patio furniture has also thrown a wrench in Canada Post's operations since these items requires 2 employees to handle safely wich means less employees for other tasks. Sorting centers above capacity have to move parcels around to other centers wich creates additional delays. Canada Post also has a better union that other private services wich means that social distancing was respected to the letter while other services sometimes took a few liberties with how well they applied social distancing and wether employees could stay home or were forced to come back to work early.
Canada Post is not a perfect service, far from it but it pretty much imploded under the weight of the covid online boom. They are running a huge recrutement campaign and are now working weekends to try to work trough the backlog.
May 20, 2013
3 posts
Toronto
How hard would it be to open the laptop, can I get it done with a pryer or do I need some special tools. and does it come with the 2.5" ribbon cable