Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

HP 32inches QHD Monitor $350 [Bestbuy]

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2018 3:16 pm
Mar 7, 2011
743 posts
411 upvotes
Vernon
@Galathron
ive wanted to buy a spyder or something similar for some time but yet to do so.
id rather just rent one for 10 minutes lol, anyone in the vernon area?

@chienpourri
strange how it resets freesync isnt it.
too bad there isnt a firmware update to take care of that, seems simple enough but im certainly not holding my breath.

thanks for the replies guys Smiling Face With Open Mouth
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)
Nov 30, 2007
44 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
chienpourri wrote:
brigand wrote: i dont understand the amd freesync 'bug' that was explained eariler.
is there any way to keep freesync on after adjusting brightness ect? (doesnt look possible)
I reported the issue a few post back. So far I have not been able to have freesync stick after waking up if I change anything from the factory defaults including brightness, contrast or even motion compensation which is set at Level 1 in gaming mode (I'd rather have it off). So far alternatives are:
-Have your display never go to sleep, which is obviously worse because of energy consumption and premature usage of components. Also possibly the issue may come back after a reboot.
-Live with the defaults for Gaming mode then change brightness through Video Card properties (is that even possible?), which is obvisouly not great either as you stil have brightness at 90% so higher power consumption than if you set it at 25%.

Also I don't think it's using PWM, I tried the UFO test and I'm not sure what PWM vs other display is supposed to look like but I don't see multiple lines at 25% brightness on mine. I discovered that I could set my Windows Desktop at 70hz and it seems to stick, not sure if I notice and improvement or not. I created a post into HP forums for the freesync bug, so far no replies (this is a user forum so I suppose this problem is not frequent enough to warrant any answer):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Vi ... 034#M90888

If anyone here knows how to enter the Service Menu on this display, then "maybe" there is a way I could permanently lower the defaults Brightness and Contrast value for Gaming mode, that would probably fix all my issues with Freesync. In any case this thing is a bug on HP's part and unless they issue a firmware fix I don't see how this could be resolved. Other than that, maybe they could let us switch Gaming mode through their HP Display Assistant application, at least I could do it a lot easier than using the physical buttons (the middle one on mine is kind of sticking and I'm afraid it will break in the long run).

Too bad, it really is my ONLY gripe with this display, but honestly the price more than makes up for this and I'm keeping mine. To me it's much better compared to the Dell 3415 I returned 2 weeks after purchase because it was too big, resolution was a bit too high (had to use scaling), could not really get used to the curve, aspect ration was hard to work with (21:9), it lacked freesync, had a dead pixel and price was more than double of this HP one.
I tried the PWM test and it looks similar to the flicker free image. I also repeated the test on a TN monitor and it did show multiple lines.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2054 posts
3039 upvotes
Airdrie
If anyone still wants one they are in Stock and on sale for $399 at best buy.

I'm loving mine, I don't game all the time so for now turning freesync on before I game isn't too much of a hassle.
Dec 27, 2006
384 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
VHKL23 wrote: How do you get 2560x1440 resolution? I'm stuck at 1920x1080. I tried updating my nvidia drivers (GeForce GT620) and also installed the Monitor Drivers, and My Display. Also having difficulty opening up My Display. It is not working: HP My Display has stopped working.
Sorry it's about a month late but if you haven't already figured it out or returned it, it's an Nvidia HDMI bug. I had the same 1080p issue with a GTX 970 and Dell U2715H on HDMI port (DP works on my 2nd U2715H, HDMI worked fine on old HD6870). What you have to do for the HDMI connected monitor is:

Open Nvidia Control Panel
> Display > Change Resolution
select the HDMI connected monitor
> Customize > Create Custom Resolution
> H: 2560, V: 1440, Hz: 60, bpp: 32, Scan:Progressive
** Timing > Std: CVT Reduced Blank **
> Test > OK

The key setting is the "CVT Reduced Blank" part. If you google that phrase it will bring up lots of Nvidia/HDMI/1440p threads.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1844 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
Does anyone have the VESA mounting bracket adapter they'd be willing to part with? I seem to have misplaced mine(would be willing to pay!).
PSN ID: liquidimpulse

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)