Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

HP ENVY Pro 6455 All in One Printer $135 (also Amazon, HP Canada, Canada Computers)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 4:44 pm
[OP]
Banned
Apr 24, 2021
57 posts
131 upvotes

[Best Buy] HP ENVY Pro 6455 All in One Printer $135 (also Amazon, HP Canada, Canada Computers)

Hi everyone. Second post here. So I bought this machine a few days ago and today it went on sale! It was $169.99 and now its $134.99 at various retailers. This works with the HP Instant Ink program which I want to try once my ink is close to running out. You can probably use Rakuten with HP/Best Buy. If you have signed up for Amazon Business Prime, maybe you can still can get $100 off $250 purchases if you talk to customer service (YMMV) - this promotion expired yesterday.

HP Sale:
https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/ ... lang=en-CA

Amazon Sale:
https://www.amazon.ca/HP-Wireless-Print ... B08G569Z3G

Best Buy Sale:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp ... o-14934225

Canada Computers:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=183809

RFD HP Instant Ink Thread
Last edited by rockdeejay on May 1st, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new printer? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best all-in-one printers!
36 replies
Sep 1, 2017
55 posts
100 upvotes
Don't all of their printers work with instant ink? That's just their subscription plan isn't it? My parents Subscribe to it and it works for them.
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Read an article on instant ink. you can't cheat the system. Just get a new cartridge and decide to cancel your subscription? It will not work. Youll need a regular cartridge or to re-subscribe
Jan 23, 2015
113 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Don't ever get an ink printer unless you absolutely need it (photo printing in large quantities).

Many people don't realize the companies sell ink printers at loss

Why printer ink is so expensive
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Instant ink is totally worth it for me:

Deep cleaning x3 - free
Letter size photos - ~10c
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1182 posts
1448 upvotes
Anyone know of a good colour laser printer?
Apr 14, 2017
61 posts
116 upvotes
I'm quite pleased with my Instant Ink subscription. 50 pages per month ($3.99 per mo) is usually adequate and anything unused is banked to a limit of 3x your monthly plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1831 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
xtrmDeals wrote: Anyone know of a good colour laser printer?
Ditto. My last HP printer was out of Black ink after 30 pages printed. I'm so done with these things.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3106 posts
2002 upvotes
Montreal
ericw wrote: Instant ink is totally worth it for me:

Deep cleaning x3 - free
Oh didn't know about the deep cleaning! So does this mean that it can go through all "levels" of cleaning, up to 3 times a month? or is each level counted as 1 cleaning instance?

And you could also add to your list that if you have HP Tango model, all 4x6 and 5x7 printed from a mobile device don't even count towards your plan.
xtrmDeals wrote: Anyone know of a good colour laser printer?
I would personally never get a colour laser printer unless I have a hell of deal on it. Colour toner is wildly expensive compared to Instant Ink or even pigment based ink.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
daviiiiiid wrote: Oh didn't know about the deep cleaning! So does this mean that it can go through all "levels" of cleaning, up to 3 times a month? or is each level counted as 1 cleaning instance?

And you could also add to your list that if you have HP Tango model, all 4x6 and 5x7 printed from a mobile device don't even count towards your plan.
All the cleaning/alignment maintenance does not count. I always do 3 levels of cleaning before I print lol
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7405 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah, the deep cleaning is THE thing that kills you when you own an inkjet. With Instant Ink, you don't take that penalty for that. That makes ink-jet ownership so much more palatable.

Of course, many of us are on the grandfathered free tier for our HPs. I don't print often, but when I do, it's for full color pages, and it doesn't cost me a cent except for the paper of course. I have a B&W Laser printer for all other bulk printing. Win win.

I bought 2 of the HP printers just so I have two 15 page free plans. That's the RFD way.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 24, 2021
57 posts
131 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: yeah, the deep cleaning is THE thing that kills you when you own an inkjet. With Instant Ink, you don't take that penalty for that. That makes ink-jet ownership so much more palatable.

Of course, many of us are on the grandfathered free tier for our HPs. I don't print often, but when I do, it's for full color pages, and it doesn't cost me a cent except for the paper of course. I have a B&W Laser printer for all other bulk printing. Win win.

I bought 2 of the HP printers just so I have two 15 page free plans. That's the RFD way.
May I ask is this plan still available? My printer is coming Tuesday. =)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1631 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rockdeejay wrote: May I ask is this plan still available? My printer is coming Tuesday. =)
not any more - I am on the $1.25 for 15 pages plan. cheap enough
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15842 posts
7405 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah the $1.25 plan is still better than buying inkjet cartridges. When they were considering cancelling the free tier, I would have kept one of my printers around even with a $1.25 charge.

All it takes is a few cleaning cycles, and you burn through $50 of inkjet cartridges
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 24, 2021
57 posts
131 upvotes
ericw wrote: Instant ink is totally worth it for me:

Deep cleaning x3 - free
Is Deep Cleaning part of the Instant Ink program? Sorry I don't know much about this yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)