Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] HP ENVY x360 13.3" Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop - Nightfall Black (AMD Ryzen 5 4500U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM) - 899$

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 7:53 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2018
31 posts
23 upvotes

[Best Buy] HP ENVY x360 13.3" Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop - Nightfall Black (AMD Ryzen 5 4500U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM) - 899$

Good 4500u portable laptop with a decent display of 300 nits. Ram is soldered.
Last edited by GurdeepSinghS59295 on Jul 3rd, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
11651 posts
17523 upvotes
Good for college student ? Need to start shopping for daughter , looks nice and light , maybe wait a bit for further price drops ?
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 29, 2018
31 posts
23 upvotes
Amazon has the ryzen 7 16gb 512 gb ssd for 1399, Staples has the same model except with 512 gb ssd for 1099. Costco has the 15 inch ryzen 5 model for 899 and ryzen 7 model for 1099,15 inch model is heavy and screen is only 250 nits but plus point the ram is upgradeble.
Jr. Member
Apr 16, 2008
151 posts
92 upvotes
How does this compare to the Costco $899 version? Seems to be same processor and ram, but half the HD space. Also wifi 5 vs wifi 6. However it is a much more portable device.

BTW, Costco has both the $899 (40 units) and $1099 (106 units) models back in stock.

Very conflicted on whether to pull the trigger on one of these three options or wait for back to school promos.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1886 posts
1179 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tyler18 wrote: How does this compare to the Costco $899 version? Seems to be same processor and ram, but half the HD space. Also wifi 5 vs wifi 6. However it is a much more portable device.

BTW, Costco has both the $899 (40 units) and $1099 (106 units) models back in stock.

Very conflicted on whether to pull the trigger on one of these three options or wait for back to school promos.
The first question you need to ask yourself is what screen size do you want? There's a big difference between 13" and 15.6". My roommate really needed a big screen and the pen to take notes and write formulas, so she went with the Costco one. Of course it comes at a price: the weight. If 13" is good enough for your needs, then there's a lot of laptops to compare from with 8GB soldered RAM, including this one.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3161 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver
willy0275 wrote: The first question you need to ask yourself is what screen size do you want? There's a big difference between 13" and 15.6". My roommate really needed a big screen and the pen to take notes and write formulas, so she went with the Costco one. Of course it comes at a price: the weight. If 13" is good enough for your needs, then there's a lot of laptops to compare from with 8GB soldered RAM, including this one.
Other option is this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Lenovo-Processor- ... +5+&sr=8-1

Kind of a saw off at 14" w/ 16gb (soldered) RAM.

There are numerous threads on each of these models, so no need to rehash here the relative merits of each. A quick summary though it's that there is no one Holy Grail model. They're all compromised in one way or another, so pick your poison -- or wait and see what comes next.
Jr. Member
Dec 11, 2003
126 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Also this Acer one seems to have better spec (faster CPU, double-capacity hard drive) then the HP ENVY at the same price:
Acer Swift 3
Metal body with 14" screen at 2.65 lbs.
Edit: but the Acer one has no touch screen and is not convertible (flip to be like a tablet).
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1901 posts
727 upvotes
Montreal, QC
stephroll wrote: Good for college student ? Need to start shopping for daughter , looks nice and light , maybe wait a bit for further price drops ?
what will said student be doing? if it's just for regular non extensive school work, this is more than enough. may run into eventual stockage problem but an external hard drive can solve the problem

Top