Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Insignia 22" 1080p HD LED TV (NS-22D510NA19) - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1304 posts
609 upvotes
Hey guys, how is the TV so far...? Is anyone using this as computer monitor? If possible can someone post some pics here...as a TV and as a monitor how does it look?
Aug 1, 2010
913 posts
593 upvotes
dtych wrote: Best buy monitor deal when they had 27" for $99 about 6 months back was 10 times better.
Except a monitor is not a TV
Mar 15, 2009
610 posts
225 upvotes
Ontario
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Hey guys, how is the TV so far...? Is anyone using this as computer monitor? If possible can someone post some pics here...as a TV and as a monitor how does it look?
I am using this as monitor and I am happy with it.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15113 posts
2239 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Tried to use it as a work monitor today. Had to change the overscan settings and found the text to be on the blurry side.

Will get an actual monitor instead but thinking if I still have an reason to keep this around lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5858 posts
1608 upvotes
Calgary
Based on the lump in the back, i assume this is an internal power supply unit? can anybody confirm? the pics down show the power input... (i am looking for an external power supply unit with a 12v power brick so i can put it in the RV to run off battery)
Mar 19, 2015
51 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I just got mine and tried using it with a Shaw BlueCurve cable box via HDMI.
Every time I turn the TV on, the TV screen flickers and/or just shows no image/sound.

I tried all possible troubleshooting and it is not the HDMI, nor the box, not the outlet, or not even the ports (seems to work with my Fire HD stick no problem), also played with TV settings and reset the TV/box etc..
I called Insigna and they were utterly useless sadly.
That issue seems to be mentioned in the forum but with no answer: https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Televisio ... -p/1264205

Anyone every experience this?
I rather not have to return this TV :(
May 24, 2017
423 posts
307 upvotes
GTA
KennyLkg wrote:
I rather not have to return this TV :(
Can you test with DVD player or Xbox / playstation?

If not return it... Just get another unit.
Mar 19, 2015
51 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
Paulie1RFD wrote: Can you test with DVD player or Xbox / playstation?

If not return it... Just get another unit.
I tried with an Amazon Fire stick in the same HDMI.
I just recently tried using my shaw box at 1080i vs 1080p; will see if that issue persist.
My xbox is the 360 :p, dont think that'll put much strain in terms of resolution if thats what the issue is with this Tv.
Jul 12, 2011
52 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
Natwork wrote: I am using this as monitor and I am happy with it.
I tried to use it as a monitor and the text and look so blurry as well. Any fix? I guess the tv even at 1080p cant output what a simple LCD monitor with clear text and image.
Dec 24, 2006
687 posts
42 upvotes
Is this better or the $119 monitor from Staple be better? I think the monitor can do what this TV does.
Nov 25, 2014
348 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealsssss wrote: Is this better or the $119 monitor from Staple be better? I think the monitor can do what this TV does.
The monitor is no longer available. :(
Dec 2, 2004
811 posts
650 upvotes
BarneyWong wrote: I tried to use it as a monitor and the text and look so blurry as well. Any fix? I guess the tv even at 1080p cant output what a simple LCD monitor with clear text and image.
I didn't buy, but did you turn SHARPNESS to maximum?

Then go through and reset your cleartype on your PC... just a suggestion ...
Apr 19, 2016
171 posts
141 upvotes
GTA, ontario
tintin2k2 wrote: Has anyone received their orders yet?
Yes, last week.
For the price I'm happy using it as a tv here and there. Picked up one of those flat HD antennas and it's all good.
--- +++ There is a 255 character limit in signature +++ ---
Oct 24, 2010
175 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, internal PS. Has anyone gotten the CEC? to work? My Firetv stick works nicely, but I cannot turn the TV on via the Fire stick remote.