Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Insignia 58" 4K UHD HDR LED Smart TV (NS-58DF620CA20) - Fire TV Edition for $449.99 (in-store Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 2:49 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
393 posts
1628 upvotes
MILTON

[Best Buy] Insignia 58" 4K UHD HDR LED Smart TV (NS-58DF620CA20) - Fire TV Edition for $449.99 (in-store Only)

• 58" 4K UHD screen delivers a crisp, clear picture that does justice to every kind of content
  • HDR technology boasts exceptional luminosity and a wide colour gamut for deeper blacks, lighter whites, and richer colours
  • 60Hz refresh rate with Motion Enhancement technology reduces lag for buttery-smooth action sequences
  • LED backlight technology offers a long-lasting reliable TV with efficient energy consumption
  • Fire OS 6 operating system offers access to tons of streaming apps, including Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, SHOWTIME, and STARZ
  • Smart TV is compatible with Amazon Alexa for easy, hands-free control and navigation
6 replies
Nov 20, 2017
258 posts
216 upvotes
I bought this TV for the same price in January at Best Buy on sale.

It’s brighter than the TCL 4 series. It looked considerably brighter than the TCL when I compared the two in store.

It’s actually 57 and half inches diagonal width I believe and not 58 as advertised.

Some users have reported loss of brightness during HDR content and loss of sound (two separate issues). I haven’t had either issue.

Sound will cut out periodically on internet browser when viewing basketball streams. The issue never occurred until I started playing sound through Bluetooth to an Amazon HK Astra speaker. It might be the Bluetooth or the speaker. I’ve never lost sound on the TV itself.

I am happy with the TV. I think I’d probably try for a 65 inch Hisense or something for an extra 100 bucks though if I could do it again. Costco has the 65 inch hisense for under 600

There was a guy posting in the 300$ Walmart Proscan thread for the 55”. He should come here and drop some knowledge for us. There’s not much info on this TV.

I don’t think this is the exact same model sold in the US on BF for 200$ US. Some people think it is? I’m not sure on that
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2123 posts
582 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
I believe it's only 60hz...
Sep 6, 2016
135 posts
33 upvotes
Can you mirror your Android and iPhone to this TV?
Mar 8, 2004
796 posts
305 upvotes
Brampton
hitman989 wrote: Can you mirror your Android and iPhone to this TV?
Since this runs FireTV OS it lets you download apps like typical android boxes.

There are a ton of apps that allow you to do this. I bought one called AirReceiver. It lets you emulate a chrome cast or an Airplay server or both. This will let you mirror your phones screen and videos and pictures. Works for Apple and Android

There are free alternatives too
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1735 posts
822 upvotes
Hamilton
Buyer beware if you're considering the Bell Fibe app over a Bell Fibe box - the app doesnt handle sports/motion well on this TV.

Amazon and Bell blame each other.
Last edited by CaptainCrash on Feb 26th, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.