Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Insignia Air Fryer - 4.8L Stainless Steel $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2021 12:21 pm
Dec 12, 2009
419 posts
242 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: I was a bit iffy coz of the dials but the YouTube video convinced me, how have the dials held up?

I had been using a different digital insignia basket one but the control panel died, so simpler maybe better as we never used the presets anyways.
Bought it last year too. The timer dial broke on mine so it stays on all the time. I just pull the plug to shut it off. I want to bring in for warranty but I use it daily and would hate to wait to get it back from repair. The air fryer concept is excellent and one of the most useful appliance I have ever bought but this model is not the best quality.
May 20, 2019
176 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
I'm curious, who uses "precise" temperature and time with air fryers? I simply put it on high with a random time and check in between once if I need to dial again Face With Tears Of Joy
...what is life if not Jr. Chicken with free tomatoes...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3709 posts
1083 upvotes
starbuckscoffee wrote: Bought it last year too. The timer dial broke on mine so it stays on all the time. I just pull the plug to shut it off. I want to bring in for warranty but I use it daily and would hate to wait to get it back from repair. The air fryer concept is excellent and one of the most useful appliance I have ever bought but this model is not the best quality.
Think you can just take it to BBuy with original box and receipt and walk away with a brand new one, since Insignia is BBuys in house brand.

EDIT: maybe wrong that you'll get a new one, they may just send it off for repair for you, never dealt with Insignia warranty.
Jan 3, 2010
44 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone compared this air fryer to the Gourmia at Costco being offered for $69.99?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1423 posts
2298 upvotes
As you all know in my previous posts, I do have this one as well. My only complaint is it was missing a grommet leg. No matter how many times I reached out to Best Buy, they never did anything about it so I gave up.

Over time you will notice build up between the fins. Those are hard places to get to with a regular dish cloth.

To make cleaning less grueling, I recommend placing a sheet of tin foil underneath. Means you won't have to clean the base, just the tray.

Every few months I'd recommend taking the base apart to clean inside the front as people don't realize the build up in their of loose dishwater foods.
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Sep 18, 2021
194 posts
40 upvotes
Can anyone check in their manual to see if this is dishwasher safe?
Mar 19, 2007
445 posts
367 upvotes
$69.99 now. Same as last year’s Black Friday price. There’s also a 5L digital model for the same price. This one is better IMO. Sale ends Nov 4.
Nov 8, 2013
93 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
if you know someone who works at best buy the employee discount is even better i think i got it for $50