Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Insignia Air Fryer Oven 10QT Stainless Steel / Rotisserie $79.99 (discount of $90)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2021 6:03 pm
Jul 2, 2008
221 posts
74 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: Is an air fryer really significantly better than using a regular oven ? I've never had problems getting pizZa and fries crisp in an oven. Wondering what the difference is besides the size. I know the heating process is different.
i bought the smaller insignia. i also have the breville convection oven thats a few yrs old. after using the two i dont see a big difference. air fryer heats up faster i guess. I would personally just buy the biggest air fryer or convection oven that meets ur families requirements.
Jan 28, 2013
629 posts
861 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
rufryda wrote: i bought the smaller insignia. i also have the breville convection oven thats a few yrs old. after using the two i dont see a big difference. air fryer heats up faster i guess. I would personally just buy the biggest air fryer or convection oven that meets ur families requirements.
Was gonna buy this, but not sure if it will just be a duplicate of the countertop convection oven that I have already owned.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3456 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
rufryda wrote: i bought the smaller insignia. i also have the breville convection oven thats a few yrs old. after using the two i dont see a big difference. air fryer heats up faster i guess. I would personally just buy the biggest air fryer or convection oven that meets ur families requirements.
i also tried the smaller standalone insignia air fryer and i found it was just too small and didnt cook enough food at once. I did chicken fingers and fries and I was air frying for 40 minutes !!

So then i decided to get a toaster oven/air fryer combo and had both this insignia one and a ninja foodi air fryer oven in hand and decided to go with the ninja even though it was double the price.

The ninja can cook so much more food at once but it cant do the rotiserie chicken but i am okay with that.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
209 posts
217 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: Is an air fryer really significantly better than using a regular oven ? I've never had problems getting pizZa and fries crisp in an oven. Wondering what the difference is besides the size. I know the heating process is different.
I'd say if you're doing a meal for just 1 or 2, go Air Fryer Oven. If more people to feed daily, stick with the big oven. I only prepare food for myself, so I prefer this Airfryer oven because there's negligible pre-heat time, savings in energy cost, and I ain't using a big oven in the summer. Plus the rotisserie is a nice thing too : ) Also the Airfryer oven preps prepackaged fries, and pizza leftovers more efficiently, and the result is crispier than a conventional oven. I wouldn't do Fries from scratch from an Airfryer though. Some things are just meant to soak in hot oil to be at their best :)
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
209 posts
217 upvotes
Spiderpal93 wrote: Can someone tell me if this is as good as the standalone airfryer? I'm debating between this and the insignia standalone air fryer.
I had a regular Phillips Airfryer, and so far I don't notice a difference in cook time. A dedicated one would take up less space for sure. I gave away my Phillips to my parents without hesitation after reheating some leftover Dominoes in roughly the same time. Plus with the oven, you can peer through the window to make sure your food isn't burning. The Phillips set off its fair share of smoke alarms at my small condo : )
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3663 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: I was skeptical about air fryers but finally got one a few weeks ago after people kept telling me to get one. I'm enjoying it so far! The biggest advantages for me are not having to pre-heat and speed. I can make fries in 10 minutes when it would take 20 minutes of pre-heating + 20 minutes of cooking in the oven.
Similar boat...didn't understand the hype. Now that I have one, I TOTALLY understand the hype. Use it all almost every day now.

I reheated some chilli chicken (those who love Hakka will understand) and it tastes even better from purchasing it fresh.
Dec 27, 2018
88 posts
44 upvotes
Coquitlam
Thanks op. I got one. This will be my third air fryer in the last 8 years. I pratically do everything on it. Now with the oven version I expect to do even more because if its space and for allowing to cook more than 1 thing at once.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19722 posts
5880 upvotes
Online only and none of these available at the only store in town and will be open tomorrow. Otherwise, i can get one around the 6th of January it says. For me, not worth the wait...
Feb 20, 2011
116 posts
40 upvotes
Comparison notes between insignia dedicated basket style air fryer (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... y/13613463) vs Insignia Air fryer oven:
- Basket style air fryer seems to provide more consistent results (I think the window and the multi level of the oven is a factor)
- Oven is more difficult and annoying to keep clean although basket is also annoying where you have to clean both the basket and the main drawer.
The oven has holes in the rack so every time you have to switch the racks to get even cook or to flip food, you get drippings and crumbs everywhere.
- Oven you get to see your food with the window as it cooks
- Oven is much larger in capacity but with the basket you can pile food within the basket
- Oven has 2 racks and allows you to cook different types of food separately
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6926 posts
2434 upvotes
How does this compare to the SS airfryer that was also on sale?
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
209 posts
217 upvotes
Lightning88 wrote: I am debating between this or the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven - 10Qt does any one know if the instapot one worth it ??

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/13974556
If you don't need the 'Cage' included in the Instant Pot one, I'd say get the Insignia. Why? Do an A-to-B comparison on the parts between the two, and you might notice something quite revealing ;) [Hint: They the same thing]
Mar 25, 2006
126 posts
30 upvotes
pikpin wrote: Comparison notes between insignia dedicated basket style air fryer (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... y/13613463) vs Insignia Air fryer oven:
- Basket style air fryer seems to provide more consistent results (I think the window and the multi level of the oven is a factor)
- Oven is more difficult and annoying to keep clean although basket is also annoying where you have to clean both the basket and the main drawer.
The oven has holes in the rack so every time you have to switch the racks to get even cook or to flip food, you get drippings and crumbs everywhere.
- Oven you get to see your food with the window as it cooks
- Oven is much larger in capacity but with the basket you can pile food within the basket
- Oven has 2 racks and allows you to cook different types of food separately
Great points! But does the oven style do a good job at AIR FRYING? Which is why I bought this in the first place?

I've found that with other toaster style ovens, they did everything mediocre (toast bread, bake, and air frying was all underwhelming, to say the least). Jack of all and master of none.

I have the basket version and like the idea of the oven is more versatile but not if air frying is only meh. I don't want to only cook frozen "fried" foods and chicken wings. Would like to explore more foods where it is cooked from scratch.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
209 posts
217 upvotes
FYI: The door on the Insignia is removable exactly like the Instant Pot vortex one (I don't think this is a coincidence ...............) : )
Feb 20, 2011
116 posts
40 upvotes
ngs888 wrote: Great points! But does the oven style do a good job at AIR FRYING? Which is why I bought this in the first place?

I've found that with other toaster style ovens, they did everything mediocre (toast bread, bake, and air frying was all underwhelming, to say the least). Jack of all and master of none.

I have the basket version and like the idea of the oven is more versatile but not if air frying is only meh. I don't want to only cook frozen "fried" foods and chicken wings. Would like to explore more foods where it is cooked from scratch.
I think the oven air fryer has the ability to air fry things well, the caveat is it will take some trial and error and it may be less consistent with the results.