Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Insignia Digital Air Fryer 5L - $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 11:23 am
Nov 19, 2011
51 posts
11 upvotes
WILLOW BEACH
I have the smaller insignia airfryer as well...they both work great...the only issue I had were the screws securing the basket to the handle loosen...they need to be regularly tightened..
Oct 5, 2005
160 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: so which one?

this or Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer, Slow Cooker, etc. (8 quart) - $99.00???
Not really a fair comparison. Most would easily select Instant Pot for $99 but the true retail value is $250 at Walmart. If one were to consider budget constraints, then Insignia is a good choice. Also, the Instant Pot is a multi-function unit and not just an air fryer.

If I can get it for $99, I'd take it but if for $250? No thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3456 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: I'd get the Ninja - better brand and trusty Costco warranty for $10 more
Caerus wrote: No removable basket on the Ninja...

The insignia can separate the basket from the outer bin, so all the grease and drip stays in the bin and you can lift the basket and pour the food out. The Ninja just has a plate you put in the bottom that lifts the food up. You don't want to pour anything out with it, or all the crap at the bottom is coming with it. You'll have to scoop it out every time.

Might not seem like a big deal, but being able to easily lift the food basket out and leave the drip behind is a big convenience.
thanks for these posts - I have ordered the insignia and will probably pick up the ninja and then decide

may also wait to open one until black friday to see if any better deals pop up
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4265 posts
1508 upvotes
WFH
peakingduck wrote: I'd get the Ninja - better brand and trusty Costco warranty for $10 more
Not to mention the ceramic coating of the basket is superior.
Jan 4, 2008
666 posts
322 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone know how to mute or lower the beeps on this? It's way louder than any microwave I've ever had. Sounds like a smoke alarm going off.

I also never realized how big this was. On the plus side, it'll cook lots of food at once. Do you need to fill the tray completely or can you do smaller amounts of food in this too?
Mar 2, 2016
180 posts
94 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: I have my own dedicated airfryer, but was thinking that my kitchen is getting cluttered nowadays.

What's the difference between a dedicated airfryer vs an all-in-one solution such as a breville toaster oven with airfryer or an instant pot with airfryer?

Outside of possible a volume difference, it seems hard for me to recommend airfryers to my F&F when toaster ovens/instant pots come with the feature now. After all, it seems like an airfryer is just a convection oven with a strong fan and a basket.
I was in the same mindset of not wanting too many appliances because of the clutter so i bought the breville 3in 1 oven/air fryer/microwave. It is a great microwave and toaster oven but not a very good air fryer. Ive owned a standalone air fryer and thats the way to go as far as air frying foods go. Fries and wings come out really good on standalone air fryers. Getting a larger one is better as it cooks more food and overall better outcome even if you dont cook that much. The 5qt ones can fit a whole chicken so you can do a rotisserie style chicken. I use the air fryer to reheat leftovers, one of the best appliances ive ever owned.
Dec 19, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
How does compare to the one that is on for 48 at Walmart black Friday??
May 7, 2019
38 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal (Quebec)
Just placed an order for one. Hesitated between this model and the Stainless Steel one, but decided to go with the digital interface.