• Oct 23rd, 2017 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1122 posts
330 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Best Buy] Insignia Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad $29.99

Went into Best Buy to look at their wireless chargers, everything I was seeing was 69.99 everywhere so I grabbed this cause it was marked at $39.99 down from $69.99. When they scanned it was only $29.99.

Works great with my IPhone 8+
I know there are cheaper ones on Amazon but I have had issues with non Amazon Basics cheap chargers and cables in the past from Amazon.
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9163 posts
1599 upvotes
I have 2 of these units... can confirm they do FAST wireless charge with my S7. Very happy and love that the phone fits the same size and shape as the phone, and it is like a display, great for bedside.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LYV ... UTF8&psc=1

I will agree, there are a lot of qi chargers on Amazon, that say they are fast charging and ARE NOT. I can confirm this one is.
I previously had the Samsung one that I PM'd at BB with Amazon pricing, and it worked great, but I like the stand as opposed to laying down.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 19, 2007
279 posts
77 upvotes
London
Thanks! I add a copy paper to get it free shipped to my daughter far away in university.
Mar 25, 2009
421 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t think the new iPhones support FAST wireless charging - only slow wireless charging. So this pad wouldn’t make a lot of sense for iPhone users. Still a good price for Android etc
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26220 posts
6066 upvotes
GTHA
mcfrugal wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:18 pm
I don’t think the new iPhones support FAST wireless charging - only slow wireless charging. So this pad wouldn’t make a lot of sense for iPhone users. Still a good price for Android etc
Yes, the iPhone 8 is software limited to 5 watts wireless charging. A software update will enable 7.5 watts wireless charging in the future.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/09/19 ... te-coming/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1122 posts
330 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mcfrugal wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:18 pm
I bought it for my bedside table so I don’t really care how long it takes.
CaptainCrash wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 9:10 pm
Cord and adapter included?

Yes it does.
Jul 23, 2011
105 posts
70 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jackass_ca wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 8:33 pm
I have 2 of these units... can confirm they do FAST wireless charge with my S7. Very happy and love that the phone fits the same size and shape as the phone, and it is like a display, great for bedside.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LYV ... UTF8&psc=1

I will agree, there are a lot of qi chargers on Amazon, that say they are fast charging and ARE NOT. I can confirm this one is.
I previously had the Samsung one that I PM'd at BB with Amazon pricing, and it worked great, but I like the stand as opposed to laying down.
I got this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01H7829I8?psc=1
Not sure what the difference is from the one you posted above but it fast charges my S7 too. Works great!
Got the silver one for $24.99
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9163 posts
1599 upvotes
Kaida9 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 11:19 pm
I got this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01H7829I8?psc=1
Not sure what the difference is from the one you posted above but it fast charges my S7 too. Works great!
Got the silver one for $24.99
Same company, maybe just cosmetic. But very happy... I had tried other wireless chargers and the phone would sometimes get hot, these ones work great, no issues.

Mar 13, 2012
337 posts
67 upvotes
Near You
Thanks OP, in for 2, just in time for iPhone X launch.
Aug 25, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Insignia is the BestBuy “no-name” brand like “Great Value” at Walmart. The quality of Insignia stuff tends to be pretty poor. Maybe this charger breaks the trend? I skew toward caution when it comes to phone chargers though.
Nov 10, 2012
425 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
Just bought this at 8 PM last night at Best Buy for $40 and of course it drops another $10 today. Will head in to get a price reduction tomorrow. Thanks OP.

So far working nicely with iPhone 8 Plus.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1122 posts
330 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I am noticing that it emits a high pitched buzzing noise. Is that normal for wireless chargers?
Jun 20, 2010
648 posts
247 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:15 am
I am noticing that it emits a high pitched buzzing noise. Is that normal for wireless chargers?
I have 3 wireless chargers around the house and even the Chinese brands do not make any static noise.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9163 posts
1599 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:15 am
I have heard of buzzing from some brands back when QI chargers were first introduced... but nothing recently.