Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Instant Pot Duo SV Sous Vide Electric Pressure Cooker - 6Qt $89.99 - Best Buy Exclusive

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 4:50 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!

[Best Buy] Instant Pot Duo SV Sous Vide Electric Pressure Cooker - 6Qt $89.99 - Best Buy Exclusive

I've been a long time lurker of the Instant Pot, but have never bitten Winking Face until now.

This seems like a great deal for $90 which is 50% off, and includes a Sous Vide function.

I went and grabbed one this morning, might be a good time to jump in for some of you as well.

Sale ends June 13th.

Nicely made, and with a moderate 6Qt capacity it's priced at roughly same as the 3Qt models.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... 1-13444229

It also features a more modern looking blue LED display rather than the 80's style red "alarm clock" one. Winking Face

41 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2169 posts
2092 upvotes
Thanks OP. Good price for the new model with sous vide function. However, without an immersion circulator, the sous vide function will not be accurate
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
Here is a prior thread: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/instant ... 9-2279780/ there is a short discussion regarding SV functionality there.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18861 posts
27159 upvotes
ONTARIO
Pretty nice price. No way I can just keep buying instant pots though. Already own 2 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
Can this make cake? I want one with the cake function but I am so unknowledgeable about these instant pots and the ones that say they can make cake never have a cake button. Holy crap I typed cake so many caking times.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1108 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow that's not a bad price as all.
Too bad I got power quick pot unit from Walmart last weekend . It's on clearance for $70 at Walmart ATM though location stock may vary so call ahead first .
Images
  • 20190525_202029.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1108 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
DealPanda wrote: Can this make cake? I want one with the cake function but I am so unknowledgeable about these instant pots and the ones that say they can make cake never have a cake button. Holy crap I typed cake so many caking times.
Bake or cake? Pretty sure if it can bake it can make cake:)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
alicklee wrote: Bake or cake? Pretty sure if it can bake it can make cake:)
I don't know hahaha, I saw some cakes made with Instant Pot but my knowledge is so little with these machines, I also saw this pan sold on Amazon...... This machine kinda feels right especially with the Sous Vide function......

https://www.amazon.ca/Instant-Pot-Sprin ... 6630&psc=1
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18861 posts
27159 upvotes
ONTARIO
I've made cakes in my instant pot and never used any cake buttons. It works just fine they just come out super moist.
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
Gimmethedealio wrote: Damn sous vide function on these now?!
Not the real deal though, since water isn't circulated, it seems to be just one more program (temp isn't evenly maintained throughout the pot).
Apr 2, 2018
467 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton
Should I wait for a better deal guys? or this deal is the historic lowest price? Thanks
Koodo $35/10GB 3 lines, Rogers $42/20GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/20GB, $45/20GB
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
User772911 wrote: Should I wait for a better deal guys? or this deal is the historic lowest price? Thanks
If you can find the walmart $70 deal then go for that, else the $90 seems to be the standard BB sale price.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=75235682509
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
Pavel wrote: Would it be the same model number? Seems that Instapot has many similar but different models?
The walmart one isn't instant pot, its "Power Quick Pot". It has similar functionality including "sous vide". Reviews aren't that bad either (check below).
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Multi-Prog ... B07GPSDYXD
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
Pavel wrote: Thanks. It's showing up as $130 on Walmart.ca.
I know, that's why you need to press the link I posted to see stock at your local Walmart, it's being cleared for $70 at most locations.
Dec 27, 2007
21120 posts
12579 upvotes
Kitchener
Pavel wrote: Yeah, that's what I did. Seems to be stock on hand isn't updated in real time. I could reserve in store where the stocktrack link says there's stock but the $130 price shows instead.
Don't do free pickup, in store pickup is done at the online price (since they just send the online order to the store and it isn't fulfilled from store inventory). If you see local store price $70 just go to the store and purchase it there it will scan for $70 at checkout.
Feb 26, 2008
754 posts
689 upvotes
Surrey
DealPanda wrote: Can this make cake? I want one with the cake function but I am so unknowledgeable about these instant pots and the ones that say they can make cake never have a cake button. Holy crap I typed cake so many caking times.
Made a cake in there a couple of times along with a cheesecake. I was not impressed. Takes less time for sure but with baking you can't rush it. I would stick with the old oven for baking. Everything else works great.
Nov 24, 2017
156 posts
59 upvotes
Just going to cook rice, beans, maybe soup or even Yogurt, one day in an InstantPot. So confusing, so many different models. Would this model suit my needs?

Is this not a popular model due to the sale price?
Dont want to buy my first one to find out there is something wrong with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1298 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
SB4Deals wrote: Just going to cook rice, beans, maybe soup or even Yogurt, one day in an InstantPot. So confusing, so many different models. Would this model suit my needs?

Is this not a popular model due to the sale price?
Dont want to buy my first one to find out there is something wrong with it.
This is exactly how I feel. From friends and family, everyone is crazy about their instant pot..... they are all saying it is a life changer, but I still don't understand how it can change mine lol.
I ordered one from Bestbuy, going to pick it up tonight, I guess 90 bucks is not a bad investment if it can really change my life hahaha.

I did so much research last few days, I am going to make a Cheese Cake this weekend with a cake mold ordered from Amazon.... so.... If I don't reply after this weekend, chances are, my life is changed and I have food poisoned myself to death.
Nov 24, 2017
156 posts
59 upvotes
DealPanda wrote:
I did so much research last few days, I am going to make a Cheese Cake this weekend with a cake mold ordered from Amazon.... so.... If I don't reply after this weekend, chances are, my life is changed and I have food poisoned myself to death.
hahaha if it works well make sure you leave the recipe here. I avoid sweets but might make an allowance one time for cheesecake if it really works well.
Yeah, I am ordering one as well. Figure at this price, spending the time researching them, confusing me is costing more money than just buying one.
Let us know if you survive it.