• May 14th, 2021 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1219 posts
627 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Best Buy] Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven $129.99

A little pissed... just bought this a bit over a month ago on sale for $179. The regular price has dropped to the sale price I bought it for and now its on sale again.
I use this almost everyday and cooking a rotisserie chicken with it is awesome.

Its also the same price on Amazon too.

I tried to call BestBuy to refund the difference... it was a no go :(
Last edited by TomRFD on May 12th, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
22 replies
May 4, 2020
101 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Ugh I remember seeing this for $99 a couple years ago
Apr 23, 2008
525 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought the Ninja Foodie Grill from Costco on sale (haven't used yet). How does this compare to the Ninja?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3233 posts
1742 upvotes
West Coast
OP, why not just buy this now and return it with your old receipt?
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1598 posts
2029 upvotes
Didi_beee wrote: A little pissed... just bought this a bit over a month ago on sale for $179. The regular price has dropped to the sale price I bought it for and now its on sale again.

Similar situation from Amazon. But I had a $50 gift card from work so I got it for this sale price so I can't really complain
Feb 17, 2008
282 posts
30 upvotes
Richfields wrote: OP, why not just buy this now and return it with your old receipt?
Because iirc best buy's return policy is 30 days?
Aug 25, 2019
640 posts
646 upvotes
4 1/2 Stars on Amazon Same Price
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4851 posts
4717 upvotes
Toronto
Didi_beee wrote: A little pissed... just bought this a bit over a month ago on sale for $179. The regular price has dropped to the sale price I bought it for and now its on sale again.

Richfields wrote: OP, why not just buy this now and return it with your old receipt?
leebee wrote: Because iirc best buy's return policy is 30 days?
Yes, but it has been extended due to the provincial guidelines affecting store operations

"For items purchased in Ontario after March 9, 2021, we’ll gladly give you a refund or exchange on your purchases until June 4, 2021."
from https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/retur ... ay_returns
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2094 posts
793 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Same price at Black Friday, but it looked very small. Maybe just an illusion.
Feb 20, 2021
50 posts
58 upvotes
smehmood wrote: Just bought the Ninja Foodie Grill from Costco on sale (haven't used yet). How does this compare to the Ninja?
I'm in the same boat. Just got mine a few weeks back and the pricing is fairly close.

Did some reading on the reviews for the instant vortex and found many people complaining about a toxic smell coming from the machine, which seeps into the food..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1219 posts
627 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So since returns have been extended, I can purchase the new one and return the old one with the new one in the box? They won’t scan for serial numbers or stuff like that?

Just want to make sure it will work before purchasing, and with lockdown, can I do returns?
Apr 11, 2020
210 posts
361 upvotes
Anybody have first hand experience with both this, and the larger version or a 25-26L kaloric? This one comes with a rotisserie, but reviews on chicken size seem a bit mixed. I'd like the ability to airfry a med-large chicken. Tempted by the larger ones though which say they can do a 12lb turkey
Oct 20, 2014
296 posts
162 upvotes
Trenton, on
Windyt wrote: Anybody have first hand experience with both this, and the larger version or a 25-26L kaloric? This one comes with a rotisserie, but reviews on chicken size seem a bit mixed. I'd like the ability to airfry a med-large chicken. Tempted by the larger ones though which say they can do a 12lb turkey
Max chicken size recommended is 1-1.5 lbs. any bigger, it hits the bottom. I got this one and then got the 25L frigidaire for ~$130 from Costco. Instapot is great for fries, small whole chicken, other solid pieces like nuggets, etc. DIY fried chicken in semi-liquid batter doesnt work well.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1099 posts
539 upvotes
Guys just a heads up. If you buy instant pot stuff good luck with warranty. My vortex broke and I have 4 instant pots one which broke. They dont respond to email, you wait on the phone for 30-45 min before somebody helps you. In my case they made false promises and never delivered even after I followed up with them many times. Ie the will promise to send you a new one and you might even get shipping label but nothing after that. Check BB reviews . Alot of people having the same experience.

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/ottawa/profil ... complaints
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11283 posts
3820 upvotes
How are these to clean versus the air fryers with the buckets?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4962 posts
1841 upvotes
insomnia77 wrote: Guys just a heads up. If you buy instant pot stuff good luck with warranty. My vortex broke and I have 4 instant pots one which broke. They dont respond to email, you wait on the phone for 30-45 min before somebody helps you. In my case they made false promises and never delivered even after I followed up with them many times. Ie the will promise to send you a new one and you might even get shipping label but nothing after that. Check BB reviews . Alot of people having the same experience.

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/ottawa/profil ... complaints
GOSH! Sure sucks that they broke. Wonder if instructions were read or even bothered to take care of them.

kool1 wrote: How are these to clean versus the air fryers with the buckets?
Tray and the Circular bin: Simple to clean. Water, soap, rinse, air dry.

Inside and window .. when cool ... wipe with wet cloth.

Cleaning after each use.

I put the air fryer in a storage shelf that I built in the basement under the electrical panel when not in use. The Instant Pot pressure cooker is in the cabinet in the kitchen as it is used more often.

IMG_20210514_105906.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2