Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] iPad Pro 12.9 1tb WiFi + Cellular Bundle with Case and Screen Protector $1329.99

[OP]
May 6, 2019
37 posts
60 upvotes

[Best Buy] iPad Pro 12.9 1tb WiFi + Cellular Bundle with Case and Screen Protector $1329.99

looks like bestbuy is clearing out older generation ipad bundle with screen protector and cases - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... ale/210101

Usually these goes for around 1800 with just the iPad itself.
Last edited by RFDSimon on Jun 12th, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link with all bundles
213 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1503 posts
2762 upvotes
Markham
This is a sweet deal. Also has the grey version for the same price.

Also the LTE and the non-LTE version are the exact same price!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13872 posts
5051 upvotes
Ottawa
Hmmm, it's a great deal.

Not sure I need more than 128GB, and the Cellular. I was going to wait for the Edu promo for the base 2020 ($1179) + free Beats headphones

So if I don't use those features, I'm effectively paying more than the Edu deal.

Methinks I am still better off waiting for Edu deal.

edit: I guess it's better to compare the base 2020 to this https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... y/B0013268

So for the same price as Edu deal, I get more (256) storage, LTE, case, screen protector, but lose the beats headphones, and the 2020 camera.
Last edited by warpdrive on Jun 12th, 2020 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1937 posts
242 upvotes
Ottawa
Some good deals there. Not sure why I'd want LTE but I guess it would increase resale value :/
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2241 posts
662 upvotes
dang,, this is tempting for 1TB, practically a computer if storage size
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19732 posts
657 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Dang, 12.9" LTE Space Grey is sold out. :(
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1503 posts
2762 upvotes
Markham
Sakaban wrote: dang,, this is tempting for 1TB, practically a computer if storage size
Yeah, especially since it also has 6GB of RAM like the 2020 version, and the LTE is thrown in for free (which is better for resale value, if nothing else).

Been looking for an iPad 2018 sale on Apple refurbished, but this is brand new and absolutely destroys Apple's pricing.
warpdrive wrote: So for the same price as Edu deal, I get more (256) storage, LTE, case, screen protector, but lose the beats headphones, and the 2020 camera.
Don't forget the Wi-Fi 6 antenna!

Pretty comprehensive review of differences between 2020 and 2018 model:
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13872 posts
5051 upvotes
Ottawa
Dave510 wrote: Yeah, especially since it also has 6GB of RAM like the 2020 version, and the LTE is thrown in for free (which is better for resale value, if nothing else).

Been looking for an iPad 2018 sale on Apple refurbished, but this is brand new and absolutely destroys Apple's pricing.

Don't forget the Wi-Fi 6 antenna!
decisions decisions!!! I'm not sure long term which is the better buy. Not sure I like the case, it looks pretty thick and hefty. The iPad doesn't really leave the house.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1503 posts
2762 upvotes
Markham
warpdrive wrote: decisions decisions!!! I'm not sure long term which is the better buy. Not sure I like the case, it looks pretty thick and hefty. The iPad doesn't really leave the house.
I think the Beats that come with the edu is the cheaper ones right? (Compared to the Macbook ones) This is about 1/3 cheaper than a 2020 for the same config (without accounting for the Beats, which can maybe fetch $100), so I've pulled the trigger. If I need the Lidar (doubt it) or the Wifi 6 (I will, but not now) down the road, I'll sell this and trade up to the 2020 model, it'll probably be a lot less than a $700 difference by then.
Oct 1, 2017
199 posts
267 upvotes
Thunder Bay
warpdrive wrote: decisions decisions!!! I'm not sure long term which is the better buy. Not sure I like the case, it looks pretty thick and hefty. The iPad doesn't really leave the house.
You’ll still want a case. I have a 12.9 and it’s incredibly thin and awkward without one, not to mention bendable. I use an otterbox symmetry, I like the folding style of cases as I mainly use my iPad for notes and the writing angle is nice.

I got a 2020 pro as soon as they came out. Ended up just returning it to Apple as it was identical to my 2018 for what I do.
Inflammable means flammable? What a country.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19732 posts
657 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm torn between the 11" and the 12.9". I guess I was a bit too slow to take advantage of this deal. I accidentally added the 12.9" non-LTE space grey 1TB to my cart by accident. By the time I got around to fix it, the LTE version was sold out. So I bought the silver/grey 12.9" LTE 1TB and the space grey 11" LTE 1TB. I prefer space grey so it's going take a bit of getting use to it. Maybe it's OCD...

Anyone here is aware of any long term reviews of both sizes with the latest version of iOS? I guess I got two weeks to decide on which size to keep.
Jan 13, 2013
353 posts
302 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
Thanks OP, sold my 2nd gen 12.9" iPad Pro a few weeks ago and was waiting for a deal. At nearly 1k of savings on an Apple product, hard to pass on.
Aug 8, 2005
688 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
Hey guys how are this ipad pro compared to the 2019 MacAir?