[Best Buy] iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 1TB + LTE 4G - Back in Stock

[OP]
Jul 7, 2007
29 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 1TB + LTE 4G - Back in Stock

iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 1TB + LTE 4G - Back in Stock

Don't forget 1.0% Cash Back from rakuten. (https://www.rakuten.ca/best-buy)
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.39.04 PM.png
Last edited by Ryan77 on Jun 15th, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1135 posts
312 upvotes
I still cant justify to spend that much on a Ipad, though looks really good.
Nov 24, 2016
38 posts
79 upvotes
Man, it is the same price for laptop now.
Feb 13, 2007
254 posts
32 upvotes
taank wrote: I still cant justify to spend that much on a Ipad, though looks really good.
To be fair the Pro offers a better screen and sound quality than a regular iPad though.

NefCanuck
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3118 posts
424 upvotes
There's no cash back on tablets only accessories.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1474 posts
383 upvotes
Westcoast
1329 on a giant iphone is just lunacy. get a regular iPad instead.
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Oct 21, 2015
314 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
taank wrote: I still cant justify to spend that much on a Ipad, though looks really good.
Actually a good time to buy it right now. They gonna announce some major improvement to iPad in WWDC next week which supposedly make it more "computer like" (rumors saying they will even allow programming on it)
Oct 5, 2010
674 posts
162 upvotes
The only one in stock that I can see is at full price.
Jan 10, 2010
15 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I have this model with the keyboard cover. Here is my experience having used it for about a year and a half now.
Pros:
1. The screen is unbelievable and the interface is smooth - 120hz refresh rate makes browsing snappy and better than most laptops or desktops. Even though its an IPS LCD (not LED or OLED) screen - the colors are vivid and blacks are deep.
2. The overall design is staggeringly beautiful and nothing in the market comes close to its fit and finish.
3. LTE option is great and pretty self explanatory (add FIDO table plan and work from anywhere).
4. USB-C - allows you connect external devices with ease - but this is also a huge drawback for anyone that's bought into the Apple ecosystem.
Cons:
1. The critical flaw with iPads and mobile devices is when switching between apps - most of them are designed to conserve energy and "go to sleep" when in the background. For example - Skype logs out or becomes inactive when not in the foreground. Split screen is a potential solution but that's just too much of a nuisance to get right and isn't supported by all apps i.e. easier to just snap your window on a PC or MacOS device and continue working.
2. The keyboard cover is a bit flimsy and does not have backlighting. Working in dimly lit rooms - I find myself struggling to use it. Partly because I'm used to a full keyboard on my MacBook Pro and other external keyboards for my PC. In hindsight - would've been better off with a 3rd party offering with backlighting.
3. USB-C - what the hell Apple - why? You get everyone used to lightning cables and pull this dirty trick. Now you're stuck buying converter cables and eventually dongle hell.

Overall its a great device but too expensive for what its capable of at this time. Good for focus - bad for multitasking.
Oct 1, 2017
159 posts
223 upvotes
Thunder Bay
2Sedins1Cup wrote: 1329 on a giant iphone is just lunacy. get a regular iPad instead.
It's a giant iPhone in the same way that a MacBook Pro is a clamshell iPhone I guess?

The A12X is more powerful in single core than a 9900k.
Inflammable means flammable? What a country.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3112 posts
742 upvotes
Calgary
So bummed I missed the 12.9" and 11" 1 TB LTE models. If anyone in Calgary changes their mind about the purchase ping me before you return it.