• Feb 6th, 2022 3:40 pm
Sep 18, 2021
680 posts
219 upvotes
This is so much better than the boxing day offers! Crying Face
Jul 4, 2012
366 posts
324 upvotes
greenkiwee wrote: In the same boat as well.

Called during the last few days of the first month. Was told to go back to the store and cancel. The rep over phone said there would be a cancellation fee as well. Just wanted to see how the process would be.

The signup rep initially said wait for the second month charge and it should be fine. Just got charged today so will be cancelling in a few days and if it doesn’t work I’m going back to the rep and giving them a hard time cause I clearly asked initially, second month charge, no extra fees and easy cancellation.
Did you call in and cancel? Got my second charge as well
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1294 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
greenkiwee wrote: In the same boat as well.

Called during the last few days of the first month. Was told to go back to the store and cancel. The rep over phone said there would be a cancellation fee as well. Just wanted to see how the process would be.

The signup rep initially said wait for the second month charge and it should be fine. Just got charged today so will be cancelling in a few days and if it doesn’t work I’m going back to the rep and giving them a hard time cause I clearly asked initially, second month charge, no extra fees and easy cancellation.
Sym000 wrote: Did you call in and cancel? Got my second charge as well
Got a good update for everyone who signed up for Geek Squad "Total Protection Plan - TPP" to get the GC.

Dates might be a bit off, but here goes:

Signed up and got TPP with pre-auth on Nov 26, paid first month $15.80
Called in Dec 24 to try to cancel before the 30 days got declined and had to go back to the store, and "scared" with cancellation fee.
Got pre-auth charged on credit card as pending Dec 26.
Posted on Dec 30. Paid second month $15.80
Waited a few days due to new year and holidays.
Called in to cancel Jan 3, make sure to have your phone number the one they gave you initially (for those who ported after), contract number and login to geek squad TPP website prior so you have all this information ready.
Hold times took about 15 minutes.
Rep asked all the questions about the phone number, contract, type of phone, personal info, the credit card you used etc etc.
Asked why you're cancelling. Took 5 minutes to process on their end.
Officially cancelled! Apparently you get some credit back for the second month not being used back to the credit card. I got about $14.

Overall got $50 GC - $17 of work = $33 GC.

Would I sign up next time? Probably to help the rep out if the cancellation was the same process and the deal continues like this. If not I rather pass on it since I had to keep reminding myself not to give BB more money... lol.
Jul 4, 2012
366 posts
324 upvotes
greenkiwee wrote: Got a good update for everyone who signed up for Geek Squad "Total Protection Plan - TPP" to get the GC.

Dates might be a bit off, but here goes:

Signed up and got TPP with pre-auth on Nov 26, paid first month $15.80
Called in Dec 24 to try to cancel before the 30 days got declined and had to go back to the store, and "scared" with cancellation fee.
Got pre-auth charged on credit card as pending Dec 26.
Posted on Dec 30. Paid second month $15.80
Waited a few days due to new year and holidays.
Called in to cancel Jan 3, make sure to have your phone number the one they gave you initially (for those who ported after), contract number and login to geek squad TPP website prior so you have all this information ready.
Hold times took about 15 minutes.
Rep asked all the questions about the phone number, contract, type of phone, personal info, the credit card you used etc etc.
Asked why you're cancelling. Took 5 minutes to process on their end.
Officially cancelled! Apparently you get some credit back for the second month not being used back to the credit card. I got about $14.

Overall got $50 GC - $17 of work = $33 GC.

Would I sign up next time? Probably to help the rep out if the cancellation was the same process and the deal continues like this. If not I rather pass on it since I had to keep reminding myself not to give BB more money... lol.
Thanks for the update! What is the Geek Squad TPP website and is it required to cancel?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1294 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
Sym000 wrote: Thanks for the update! What is the Geek Squad TPP website and is it required to cancel?
The link should be in the email they sent you when you signed up for the plan.
It's not required, but its information that would be handy if they were to ask you anything regarding the plan you signed up for, the receipt/paper contract doesn't usually say everything.
Jul 4, 2012
366 posts
324 upvotes
greenkiwee wrote: The link should be in the email they sent you when you signed up for the plan.
It's not required, but its information that would be handy if they were to ask you anything regarding the plan you signed up for, the receipt/paper contract doesn't usually say everything.
Thanks! Found the email, but all they needed were the phone number, address, and last 4 digits of the credit card. It was a surprisingly painless process! Getting a $13.70 refund back as well!
Sep 23, 2018
174 posts
59 upvotes
Anyone else had a harrowing time with Fido after the purchase of the phones ?

I bought my first iPhone on 11/25 when there was a down payment of 138+ and tab was 30$. Next day Fido dropped the DP and reduced tab to 22 something. Fido opened a case on my account but never processed the refund. I called yesterday, the CSR tried to take me for a ride by saying BestBuy kept the down payment money so go to them and seek your refund. I had to threaten the CSR to read the notes on my account when their rep had confirmed Fido will process the refund. CSR had to give in and they adjusted the refund on the same months bill.
Also this month they charged me 975 plus taxes for remaining phone cost. I was like WHAT ???? Why would I get into a contract if I have to pay full price of phone in second month. Their billing systems are messed up big time.

Can anyone please confirm what countries are covered in the 1000 mins LD. I though I read that Australia is covered but they slapped a charge saying it’s not covered.
Also they added the LD discount on only one line. This was BB agents fault. He didn’t add the promo on the other line so I got charged for all international calls. Not sure how to fix it. I plan to go to BB and then ask them who will foot the bill of the LD charges for a promo they forgot to add on my line.

Please check your bills with an eagle eye everyone
Sep 23, 2018
174 posts
59 upvotes
unltd1 wrote: I tried calling and live chat with BB this afternoon to check for stock availability,
but they said they aren't able to find out stock of the phones through carriers, and for me to go in-store

i ended up going to STC BB and renewing my already $50/m 12GB plan for this new $50/m 12GB plan with the -$10/m x 15 months
received the iPhone 12 128GB (they said they only had Red or Purple left, so i got red), $0 down
$100 trade in credit for old iPhone 3Gs. no problem whatsoever. just took a long time to check system...? idk
the trade in brought my $33/m tab down to $28.84/m
i brought in some other old phones hoping to get more credit, but they said for this deal, only one trade in works.
+$25 koodo refer a friend
+$200 BB GC

i helped my dad get this $50/m for 12GB plan down with the -$10/m x 15 credit ($40/m for 12GB for first 15m)
iPhone 12 128GB purple, $0 down
$100 trade in credit for old iPhone 4. no problem.
helped to bring phone tab down to $28.84 as well
+$25 koodo referral
+$200 BB GC
+1000 international LD mins (Australia, UK, Germany, China, Hong Kong, India, and South Korea) - bc of new phone line?
they easily helped port phone # over from Rogers Small Business to Koodo with new koodo sim card.

the service rep confirmed we COULD use the $200 BB GC to purchase prepaid visa cards,
but not towards the phone tab/plan, but you need to do that at the front (cashier/customer service dept)
(two of the cashiers were very confused when i asked about getting prepaid visas with GC, and they had to ask others but it was confirmed it's fine)

I transferred one of the $200 BB GC to a $200 prepaid visa card, but had to pay $6.95+tx out of pocket, in order to activate the $200 prepaid visa card. I kept the other $200 BB GC for now, but can go in another day to transfer to prepaid visa card.

i went to STC BB at around 620pm. No line when I went, but immediately after me was a huge line up. I was helped right away, friendly service, but it took a long time. sorry i dont rmb her name it was not a common one. i've never done in store phone plans before, so I don't know what it's usually like, but sitting with the agent and getting 2 phone lines done took ~1hr 30 mins...

Thanks OP and everyone in this forum for helping me know what to do and how lol.
good luck to everyone else
Can someone please confirm if it is mentioned anywhere that Australia is part of the package ?
Sep 23, 2018
174 posts
59 upvotes
porksoda wrote: Doesn't say australia for me, says:

$0 1000min International LD Add-on (CHN, HK, IND, UK, BD, MEX)
Can I confirm if you have Fido and these countries are for Fido ? Does it say anywhere in the receipt or paperwork, the country list ?
Sep 21, 2017
153 posts
61 upvotes
Cancelled Geek Squad today. Fairly simple process. So all in all, $50 BB GC less $14 (first month) then a pro-rated refund for January.
Nov 17, 2019
183 posts
70 upvotes
LineWalker wrote: Cancelled Geek Squad today. Fairly simple process. So all in all, $50 BB GC less $14 (first month) then a pro-rated refund for January.
For some reason I dint get the prorated refund for Jan. Even the rep dint mention anything about refund.
Sep 21, 2017
153 posts
61 upvotes
Funwizard wrote: For some reason I dint get the prorated refund for Jan. Even the rep dint mention anything about refund.
Check your credit card, the refund is showing as pending already for me. Almost immediately after our call.
Nov 17, 2019
183 posts
70 upvotes
LineWalker wrote: Check your credit card, the refund is showing as pending already for me. Almost immediately after our call.
Thanks , you are right, got a pending charge on my CC. But got it only this week
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5426 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
snorkel4u wrote: Anyone else had a harrowing time with Fido after the purchase of the phones ?

I bought my first iPhone on 11/25 when there was a down payment of 138+ and tab was 30$. Next day Fido dropped the DP and reduced tab to 22 something. Fido opened a case on my account but never processed the refund. I called yesterday, the CSR tried to take me for a ride by saying BestBuy kept the down payment money so go to them and seek your refund. I had to threaten the CSR to read the notes on my account when their rep had confirmed Fido will process the refund. CSR had to give in and they adjusted the refund on the same months bill.
Also this month they charged me 975 plus taxes for remaining phone cost. I was like WHAT ???? Why would I get into a contract if I have to pay full price of phone in second month. Their billing systems are messed up big time.

Can anyone please confirm what countries are covered in the 1000 mins LD. I though I read that Australia is covered but they slapped a charge saying it’s not covered.
Also they added the LD discount on only one line. This was BB agents fault. He didn’t add the promo on the other line so I got charged for all international calls. Not sure how to fix it. I plan to go to BB and then ask them who will foot the bill of the LD charges for a promo they forgot to add on my line.

Please check your bills with an eagle eye everyone
Yeah I'm having major issues with this as well.

Same situation as yours it was 138 and $33.33 per month on 11/25 and then 11/26 to $0 and $22.83

Called on 11/26, Promised a refund. They told me they would do it. Nothing. Full balance bill. Called again on 12/31 to ask WTF happened. They apologize and open case. They say someone will contact me in 3 business days, nothing. Called today, "oh the case is closed and it says you are not eligible for any credits, sorry" They also told me that Best Buy store and Fido Online is different and go to them to get some credit.

I opened a CCTS case on 1/8 and haven't heard anything yet

How were your credits applied? That's $390+Tax over the term of the 24 months
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5426 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
snorkel4u wrote: Can I confirm if you have Fido and these countries are for Fido ? Does it say anywhere in the receipt or paperwork, the country list ?
1,000 International Long Distance minutes from Canada to Bangladesh, China (including Hong Kong), India, Mexico and UK. Overage: standard rates for any usage over 1,000 minutes to the destinations listed above. Visit fido.ca/longdistance for current long-distance pay-per-use rates to all other destinations.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5426 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
Soham2508 wrote: Hi- I wanted to share update that finally Fido rep was able to provide all missing discounts (monthly talk/text bill credit, credit for downpayment $156; credit for accessories $5; credit for tab fee reducing to $20 p.m).. After so many trials, I got one good rep and she was able to take care all things (2 hr call ....!!) they should pay us for being available on phone for so long time. I assume most carriers have one or other probs on promotional discount that was offered on black friday; didnt reflected correctly in 1st bill.
now, finally , my bill is -$45.74 (credit) which I was expecting. :)
So your next bill had all the credits?
Sep 23, 2018
174 posts
59 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote: Yeah I'm having major issues with this as well.

Same situation as yours it was 138 and $33.33 per month on 11/25 and then 11/26 to $0 and $22.83

Called on 11/26, Promised a refund. They told me they would do it. Nothing. Full balance bill. Called again on 12/31 to ask WTF happened. They apologize and open case. They say someone will contact me in 3 business days, nothing. Called today, "oh the case is closed and it says you are not eligible for any credits, sorry" They also told me that Best Buy store and Fido Online is different and go to them to get some credit.

I opened a CCTS case on 1/8 and haven't heard anything yet

How were your credits applied? That's $390+Tax over the term of the 24 months
Hi,
So I made umpteen calls to them, to an extent my family started hating me :(
I always got a interaction number and asked them to put detailed notes on my account.

One of the female CSRs who I called initially in Nov end had confirmed in her own authority that FIDO will give me a credit for the 138 + taxes as a refund or adjustment in the next bill. The later CSR agents were trying to take me for a ride, asking me to go to Best Buy asking them to refund bla bla. I told them, the agent confirmed and put her confirmation that the money has recd FIDO. I actually read these notes after the initial calls when I went to the fido store. So I wasn't bluffing.

the new CSR checked and had to give in. He opened a case and got the approvals from his seniors in a day and I got all the adjustments emails one after the other.
138 for downpayment
23 for monthly tab lowered
multiple reversals of LD charges

I still need to understand the new bill which just got generated as this again looks it is on the higher side :(

tired now
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5426 posts
1776 upvotes
Toronto
snorkel4u wrote: Hi,
So I made umpteen calls to them, to an extent my family started hating me :(
I always got a interaction number and asked them to put detailed notes on my account.

One of the female CSRs who I called initially in Nov end had confirmed in her own authority that FIDO will give me a credit for the 138 + taxes as a refund or adjustment in the next bill. The later CSR agents were trying to take me for a ride, asking me to go to Best Buy asking them to refund bla bla. I told them, the agent confirmed and put her confirmation that the money has recd FIDO. I actually read these notes after the initial calls when I went to the fido store. So I wasn't bluffing.

the new CSR checked and had to give in. He opened a case and got the approvals from his seniors in a day and I got all the adjustments emails one after the other.
138 for downpayment
23 for monthly tab lowered
multiple reversals of LD charges

I still need to understand the new bill which just got generated as this again looks it is on the higher side :(

tired now
Sounds horrible and a nightmare. Exactly why I hate all telco's. Almost exactly the same situation as me, I had more confidence in them to stick to their word. I'll have to keep calling.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)