Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Jabra Elite 85h Over Ear ANC Headphones - 249.99 (239.99 if PM with Staples + code)

[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
174 posts
691 upvotes

[Best Buy] Jabra Elite 85h Over Ear ANC Headphones - 249.99 (239.99 if PM with Staples + code)

A direct competitor to Bose and Sony's flagship offerings, Jabra doesn't quite pull it off but reviews state that it comes damn close. Some things are better, including updated technology, better features, and better battery life.

Referring to Jim's Review Room, I couldn't notice a substantial difference in ANC quality (lower the volume before clicking the link):

Probably plays out a bit differently in real-world scenarios, but there you have it. Sound quality, also highlighted in the rest of the video appears to be quite good. While you cannot fully appreciate what each set of cans can do while listening through your own headset... you will notice differences in sound signatures and can determine what suits you best. Bass is boosted a bit on the Jabra's vs the Sony's, and mid range seems to be a bit more forward to.

Anyways, it was enough for me to make my decision, as it is currently a $150 dollar saving vs the Sony's.

NOTE: DEAL EXPIRES TONIGHT.

You can also purchase through Staples, price match and apply a gift code (6431899009818478 currently working) for an additional 10 dollars off. Also, don't forget Rakuten.
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2369 posts
1106 upvotes
Mississauga
chinmoku_tak wrote: Is this the one they announced on Monday?
No. This is v1. V2 has the boom arm
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1168 posts
657 upvotes
Saw this deal last week, i passed on it purely because Jim says they heat up quickly (ear cups). I had the WH-1000xm3's i bought from Ebay for $240 ... unfortunately they arrived with a broken hinge, however i did audition them for a week before sending them back. I have to say those are so freaking comfy, but they still heat up pretty quickly. I use mine with my PC just cause im constantly moving around the house and its really convenient to have the around my head at all times. TBH at this price, i think its a great buy, I might just buy the Drop THX Panda, Sony being my first wireless pair of headphones, ive tasted the convenience of wireless. Theres also a thread for Audiotechnica DS7BT for like 179.99 at Gibby's .... great price ... older tech tho

P.S. i love watching Jims review room, but always cringe in pain when he does his "Stress test" omg
May 17, 2007
534 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Kyaku wrote: Saw this deal last week, i passed on it purely because Jim says they heat up quickly (ear cups). I had the WH-1000xm3's i bought from Ebay for $240 ... unfortunately they arrived with a broken hinge, however i did audition them for a week before sending them back. I have to say those are so freaking comfy, but they still heat up pretty quickly. I use mine with my PC just cause im constantly moving around the house and its really convenient to have the around my head at all times. TBH at this price, i think its a great buy, I might just buy the Drop THX Panda, Sony being my first wireless pair of headphones, ive tasted the convenience of wireless. Theres also a thread for Audiotechnica DS7BT for like 179.99 at Gibby's .... great price ... older tech tho

P.S. i love watching Jims review room, but always cringe in pain when he does his "Stress test" omg
The Sony headset is known to have cracked arm and that scares me. It cracked after 3 years but for some, after 10 months. Such a shame because since Covid, I've been using it even more. I have been looking at getting v3 but I'm holding back.

Are the Panda noise cancelling?