• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2020 9:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1312 posts
138 upvotes

[Best Buy] KitchenAid Pasta Roller & Cutter Stand Mixer Attachment $119.99

Seems like a great deal on a genuine made in Italy KitchenAid attachment. Keep in mind this is the 3 piece kit, not the single roller

Never seen this low before, $219.99 on KitchenAid website, $188 on amazon
Last edited by vip3r87 on May 1st, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
50 replies
Mar 6, 2019
149 posts
247 upvotes
I got the set for a good deal from Kijiji, and I will say it is 100% worth it. This is a great price for new, good find OP!
Oct 13, 2014
231 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, I'm so thankful I didn't cave and buy these via those other 'deals' on these cutters. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3964 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP - anyone have a good easy how to make pasta recipe?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1638 posts
1048 upvotes
honggil wrote: Thanks OP - anyone have a good easy how to make pasta recipe?
1 egg, 1 cup flour, salt to taste, enough water (~2tbsp) to bind the dough as you mix. Mix well, and knead for 5 min and plastic wrap. Let sit for an hour, roll out and cut. The key is to use a lot more flour to dust the work surface and hands as you work.
Mar 3, 2009
44 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton, On
Thanks OP! Been watching for a sale for this for a while, free shipping is great too.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6088 posts
2433 upvotes
Canuckland
Isn't it more cost effective to buy a dedicated pasta machine?
Nov 21, 2007
421 posts
421 upvotes
Gatineau
DealCanuck wrote: Isn't it more cost effective to buy a dedicated pasta machine?
I'm thinking of the same thing......Maracto Atlas pasta machine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1312 posts
138 upvotes
funky_monkey wrote: I'm thinking of the same thing......Maracto Atlas pasta machine
In my case we already have the stand mixer, and I reallllly don't want another single use appliance lol

Should make the wife (and me) happy for mother's day! She's always wanted one
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1312 posts
138 upvotes
funky_monkey wrote: Does it come with 2 or 3 pieces? Thanks.
3 piece, reference the product number KSMPRA on google
Jun 4, 2005
342 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks OP! Didn't know I needed one untiI saw this post.
Mar 6, 2019
149 posts
247 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Isn't it more cost effective to buy a dedicated pasta machine?
Possibly if you have infinite room in your kitchen. I'm a big fan of the stand mixer accessories, they save you a bunch of space and are usually great quality.

Edit: Also, having both hands free to manipulate the pasta makes it so much easier. Turning that crank and feeding the pasta through at the same time isn't ideal.
Last edited by SubmarinePerson on May 1st, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2011
636 posts
719 upvotes
Toronto
funky_monkey wrote: Does it come with 2 or 3 pieces? Thanks.
The image on BestBuy shows 3 pieces, and according to the model name it is the same 3 piece as seen on the KitchenAid site:

Flat roller
Fettuccine Cutter
Spaghetti cutter
Mar 30, 2016
209 posts
159 upvotes
Neat! Does it work (well) with the Artisan Mini? I know it probably likely fits, but enough power to use?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6088 posts
2433 upvotes
Canuckland
SubmarinePerson wrote: Possibly if you have infinite room in your kitchen. I'm a big fan of the stand mixer accessories, they save you a bunch of space and are usually great quality.
We share kitchen equipment with our neighbor :D
Mar 26, 2009
302 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
honggil wrote: Thanks OP - anyone have a good easy how to make pasta recipe?
I tried this one last week and it came out perfect: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/fresh-pasta-dough

As a general rule, the ratio is three parts flour to two parts eggs by weight. There are tons of variations on this, many depending on if you also want to add water, the type of flour (all-purpose versus durum semolina versus the finely-milled 00) and if you want to add a couple of additional yolks to the mix for a richer dough. (Water-only dough is also common.) However, this basic ratio will serve you well. See other tips here.