• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2020 9:13 am
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
730 posts
415 upvotes
Mississauga

Best Buy/Koodo messed up my port from PM lost my original number in the process

I was trying to sign up for the migration plan at Best Buy, migrating from Public Mobile to Koodo. During the migration process when the BB agent called Koodo for support to port the number, he was told by the Koodo agent that my public mobile number was no longer in service. I had called Koodo using my Public mobile SIM during his call so it wasn't that I called someone to cancel my number. My plan had renewed just 2 days back so there was no reason for my plan to get cancelled. I had even logged into my public account to provide my account number. I tried using the new Koodo sim in another phone and found that the number that showed on display was the temp number that Koodo had provided. How do I get my old number back as there is no way I can get hold of any public mobile support team? Who messed up Best Buy or Koodo. What a f*k up by BB/Koodo. What is the solution here? Now I can't even access my public mobile account either what a real screw up.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25353 posts
4471 upvotes
PM community, see if they can help or submit ticket
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7005 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
hvwkzq wrote: Make them pay for not having customer service.
People should know that when joining Public Mobile. You can't complain about it when you knew that going in.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21505 posts
2768 upvotes
Toronto
oh boy, sorry to hear that this happened to you OP...

Definitely message a PM mod and see what they can do for you.

I always recommend that # ports be done by yourself via self-serve once you have your new SIM and plan. Let the carrier and Bestbuy set up the new plan with a new # and you as the buyer make sure that all the plan details are correct and everything is working\correct (i.e. plan details, pricing, sim works etc).

Then and only then, do you initiate a # port by yourself.

Otherwise, there are too many moving parts and a higher probability of things going haywire in the process.

Gluck!!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
730 posts
415 upvotes
Mississauga
Update:

I found the Telus porting department number and after spending more than an hour with the agent, was able to salvage my old number. Evidently Koodo never completed the port and I ended up doing their job. Their contact number is 1-877-868-3587. They deal with Telus, Koodo and Public mobile port-ins, if anyone has any issues with porting for those 3 carriers.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1858 posts
1024 upvotes
jadoogar wrote: Update:

I found the Telus porting department number and after spending more than an hour with the agent, was able to salvage my old number. Evidently Koodo never completed the port and I ended up doing their job. Their contact number is 1-877-868-3587. They deal with Telus, Koodo and Public mobile port-ins, if anyone has any issues with porting for those 3 carriers.
Glad things worked out in the end.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19484 posts
8961 upvotes
Oakville
hvwkzq wrote: Just file a CCTS complaint. Make them pay for not having customer service.
Koodo is the one that screwed it up, not PM.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19912 posts
8017 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Koodo is the one that screwed it up, not PM.
Same genes.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19484 posts
8961 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote: Same genes.
Yes, but Koodo actually has a customer service line (shitty as it may be).