• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 4:24 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 18, 2017
74 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just double checking, this is only for new activations right?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1792 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:35 pm
You've never been allowed to cancel within 14 days unless you make a big deal with a rep. Nothing is stopping you from porting out, though.
What prevents them from sending you some bill for the value of the phone? They presumably have done a credit check and have a credit card. Is this just Koodo that has some loophole in the contract. If you could pay off the tab and leave, no one would pay regular prices for phones.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1250 posts
932 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
pmcd wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 4:03 am
What prevents them from sending you some bill for the value of the phone? They presumably have done a credit check and have a credit card. Is this just Koodo that has some loophole in the contract. If you could pay off the tab and leave, no one would pay regular prices for phones.
When you sign the contract, you agree to pay off the tab and not the value of the phone. Koodo cannot arbitrarily change the terms of the contract. Koodo is the only one that has this system. Do a search for Koodo in these forums, you will see many many threads of RFD users paying off their tab the day after signing their contract. I got a sweet deal for an iPhone XR and 6s in January. Paid off the tab for both and not a word after.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4186 posts
554 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Richard1986 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 5:52 pm
Can anybody speak to the camera quality/general perception of the Pixel 3a and how it fares compared to its flagship counterparts? The idea of the budget pixel doesn't interest me, but if it's relatively identical to the Pixel 3/3XL everywhere it counts, I don't mind rolling the dice and dolling out for one.
Reading on Reddit, it's not much improvement from original pixel, you're just getting better battery and some camera improvements. Overall, significant difference in processing power compared to pixel 3, but nothing that will be issue for normal user.
Last edited by sixer on Jun 26th, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2011
841 posts
960 upvotes
avmsam wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 10:15 pm
Do you have to create a bell account each time with new email each time ?
I don't think so. If, google search "temporary email" will help.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6614 posts
3450 upvotes
Canada
Hammja wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 12:03 am
Forgive me for the dumb questions, I'm not familiar with Koodo.

You get a medium tab and you have a balance of $360 that you have to pay off.
So after you get the phone and cancel, you just have to pay them the $360 + whatever fees or taxes. Is that how it works?
Yes pretty much, there is also a $35 activation fee
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Jan 29, 2005
423 posts
72 upvotes
herrdude wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 6:00 am
When you sign the contract, you agree to pay off the tab and not the value of the phone. Koodo cannot arbitrarily change the terms of the contract. Koodo is the only one that has this system. Do a search for Koodo in these forums, you will see many many threads of RFD users paying off their tab the day after signing their contract. I got a sweet deal for an iPhone XR and 6s in January. Paid off the tab for both and not a word after.
Do people know how this would work for a Telus activation? I don't see many posts about this, but I get the feeling that Telus has a harsher penalty for cancellations that involves a $50 fee on top of the device subsidy.
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/art ... vice-terms
Jul 16, 2012
910 posts
544 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
edbert wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 3:19 pm
Do people know how this would work for a Telus activation? I don't see many posts about this, but I get the feeling that Telus has a harsher penalty for cancellations that involves a $50 fee on top of the device subsidy.
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/art ... vice-terms
Telus doesn't give you activation credits like Koodo does if you cancel immediately be prepared for a huge final bill.
Jan 29, 2005
423 posts
72 upvotes
canucks4life wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 3:42 pm
Telus doesn't give you activation credits like Koodo does if you cancel immediately be prepared for a huge final bill.
Thanks - Yeah I think because they don't have a tab system, the phones true original cost is put down as your "tab" and you get dinged for that (pro rated against your contract) if you leave before the term is up.