Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Lenovo Smart Clock 2 with Wireless Charging Dock - $39.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2023 3:29 am
[OP]
Sep 17, 2007
47 posts
178 upvotes
Kelowna

[Best Buy] Lenovo Smart Clock 2 with Wireless Charging Dock - $39.97

For those that missed the ebay/Lenovo deal last week, Lenovo Smart Clock 2 with dock is on sale at Best Buy, Heather gray color only.

Updated 2022-12-10 10:43 AM PST

Abyss blue
Heather gray OOS Online Might be available at a store near you!

BB changed the sale end date to December 13 as well.
Last edited by Mr.Grumpy on Dec 10th, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
128 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11388 posts
5760 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks OP. I was looking at the Lenovo one but the red colour was yucky. Also prefer this one since it's Google Assistant as opposed to Alexa.

In for one.
Mar 11, 2008
457 posts
947 upvotes
London
Wireless pad is 10W.

From Lenovo:

53. Is my device compatible with wireless charging?

Below is a list of devices compatible with wireless charging.

You can also charge devices with cases made of rubber, plastic or TPU cases of up to 3mm in thickness. Cases with metal components, such as pop socket, metal ring, magnets, cards, or grips will interfere with charging and must be removed from the device before using wireless charging.

Heating is a normal phenomenon of inductive wireless charging. Lenovo chargers with its safety protocols built in to the circuitry will shut down if they detect excessive heat to protect you and your devices.

10W Mode:

Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/ S10/ S9+ / S9 / S8 / S8+
Samsung Note 20/ 10 / Note 9 /Note 8
LG V30+/V40
Huawei Mate20 Pro
Xiaomi 9
Google Pixel 5/Pixel 4XL
7.5W Mode:

iPhone 12/12 Mini/ 12 Pro Max/ 11/ 11 Pro Max/ XS Max/ XR/ XS/ X/ 8/ 8Plus
5W Mode:

Google Pixel 3XL
Google Pixel Buds 2
AirPods/AirPods Pro
Other Qi-enabled phones and devices
May 22, 2015
181 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thanks OP ; got 1
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1924 posts
2224 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed one from the Lenovo sale last week without the dock. Anyone know if they sell the dock separately? I can't seem to find it anywhere
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Jul 13, 2021
68 posts
127 upvotes
Great price, was in need of a new alarm clock anyways so this fits the bill.

Thanks OP!
Jul 30, 2019
223 posts
614 upvotes
Great deal. Too bad my gen 1 does everything I need it to. Literally show me the weather and set alarms with my voice.

At least this one has Google instead of Alexia.
Remember, don't be a toxic drama queen or someone might not post a great deal. Be respectful and we all prosper.
Jun 28, 2006
357 posts
157 upvotes
Dang just paid 20$ for the Alexa version. Wondering if it's worth the extra 30$ for a wireless pad and Google assistant
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
9090 posts
10542 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - the screen is small. Maybe I am just used to the Google Hub Max and the older 10" Lenovo Smart Device. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1124 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wish it didnt need 2 cables for power...

edit: clarified further down that it does not need 2; just 1 power cable

you can actually plug a usb cable into it to charge a 2nd device (one wired, one wireless at same time)
Last edited by maytricks on Dec 9th, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 4, 2018
60 posts
19 upvotes
Some of the negative reviews call out problems charging some common phones, and that the auto-brightness makes the screen completely turn off at night (so not useful as a clock)...but that is a steep discount...
May 19, 2006
98 posts
301 upvotes
Question for those who have this device: can it be set up without a google account / google home app? The use case would be to just manually connect it to wifi in order to use as alarm clock with displaying weather / time sync functionality.
Mar 17, 2016
342 posts
350 upvotes
SwaunyJones wrote: I grabbed one from the Lenovo sale last week without the dock. Anyone know if they sell the dock separately? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Can you return it and buy this one? It probably works out cheaper
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1928 posts
793 upvotes
maytricks wrote: wish it didnt need 2 cables for power...
There is a separate cable for the pad?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
1124 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto, ON
echlon wrote: There is a separate cable for the pad?
thats what i first thought from a video review, but looking closer i think it is a USB Power out on the wireless pad not a power in..

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... 65&irgwc=1

check out the images where there is a watch charging from a wire connected to the pad --

if so, that's better
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
9090 posts
10542 upvotes
Toronto
maytricks wrote: thats what i first thought from a video review, but looking closer i think it is a USB Power out on the wireless pad not a power in..

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... 65&irgwc=1

check out the images where there is a watch charging from a wire connected to the pad --

if so, that's better
Correct, the USB-A is for powering other devices. The clock has three pins which attach to the changing pad.
Dec 25, 2011
21 posts
93 upvotes
WINNIPEG
maytricks wrote: wish it didnt need 2 cables for power...
doesn't look like it requires two cables for power. One of the pics is confusing but the USB portal should provide an option to plug apple watch charger or to charge some device with no wireless charging capability.
Dec 16, 2009
638 posts
761 upvotes
AnalogTrail wrote: Question for those who have this device: can it be set up without a google account / google home app? The use case would be to just manually connect it to wifi in order to use as alarm clock with displaying weather / time sync functionality.
I have last year's model, but I highly doubt it would work if not connected to an account. I know mine won't go through the setup wizard without an account. Just set up a dummy account if you are worried about privacy.

And, I mean, if you are worried about privacy, maybe you should look at the 200+ pieces of data that RFD pulled from you and sold today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)