Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Lenovo Smart Clock $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 10:40 am
Nov 16, 2003
821 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary
golden wrote: Hub night clock is simply black and white with very dim white letter so that you can read at night. I don’t think it’s configurable.
How about the alarm, can it be gradual?
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-- Jean Chretien
Nov 24, 2014
161 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can you use google photos for background?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2016 posts
1269 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Don't you guys feel silly talking out loud when you're alone in the house?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1140 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
BeapChastard wrote: Don't you guys feel silly talking out loud when you're alone in the house?
You get used to it. I mean I got used to the Google Home really quickly after having to Kinect for a year and a half and having to shout at it to get commands to work!
Sep 6, 2009
192 posts
23 upvotes
Oshawa
This might be a silly question, but is this the same one that’s currently priced at $119?
Jun 24, 2009
126 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
volan wrote: How about the alarm, can it be gradual?
Yes you can set the alarm to be a gradual increase in volume.
franko031 wrote: Can you use google photos for background?
Yes, you can set a photo from your Google Photos as the background. Or the "Daily Picture" also.
erin_luv wrote: This might be a silly question, but is this the same one that’s currently priced at $119?
Yup same one.

Overall the clock is very simple. It's not a full Google Assistant GUI display, but that's okay. I wasn't able to directly connect it to Home Assistant, but you can set the "Good Morning" routine when the alarm goes off, and then anything your Google Home has access too, can be turned on or activated when the alarm goes off. This allows you to either just do your Wake up stuff directly in Google Home. Else if you want to do something more complicated, you can just switch something on in Google Home, which then allows Home Assistant to know that the alarm went off (and trigger your Home Assistant Automation off that). Then you can set the bathroom temperature depending on outside temperature, turn on computer, turn on coffee, etc.

So yea overall, it did what I want. The only issue is I set it up under my account, but I want it to do the Good Morning routine of a different Google Home User in my account... can't do that, it seems to be locked to the Good Morning routine of the user who added it to Google Home. But meh, that's fine. It just says: "Good morning "MYNAME"" instead of my kid, who's bedroom it's in.
Mobile: [Koodo $43 (11GB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText,VVM,VoLTE)], [Fido+VoIP.ms $15+$0.85 (3GB,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText,VVM)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Telus $60 (75/20-UnlData)]
Nov 24, 2014
161 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
the essential version just released. Hope it will reduce price for black friday.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1140 posts
418 upvotes
Laval
franko031 wrote: the essential version just released. Hope it will reduce price for black friday.
So I’m not the only one who wants the essential!!

I’m old school, I miss having a clock on my nightstand that I can look at anytime without touching my phone. I had the home hub in our room but we moved it to the kitchen because we barely used it except for the clock/alarm. The essential is exactly what I want. Basic Clock and google assistant in one. Just waiting for it to drop in price
May 16, 2010
319 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
what's the difference between this one and the essential? sorry didn't read the entire thread.
Sep 14, 2004
106 posts
136 upvotes
I got the smart clock recently, with the main attractive feature that I can stream the video of my camera's to it. I have a TPlink C100 camera that streams perfectly to my smart display on demand, but with the smart clock, it's killing me with frustration! The streaming would work once a day only.. then afterwards, it would say it's streaming, but no video shows up! only audio is coming through, and the clock continues to be displayed. I've tried resetting the clock to factory, and reinstalling everything 3x over. the fact that my smart display works perfectly suggest this is a problem with the smart clock.

This is extremely frustrating as it does work! but only once a day.. not sure if anyone else have this problem or not. if I don't fix this issue soon, I'll be returning it!

anyone have this problem? or experience to share on streaming video to smart clock?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2253 posts
1144 upvotes
GTA
a_mighty_engr wrote: I got the smart clock recently, with the main attractive feature that I can stream the video of my camera's to it. I have a TPlink C100 camera that streams perfectly to my smart display on demand, but with the smart clock, it's killing me with frustration! The streaming would work once a day only.. then afterwards, it would say it's streaming, but no video shows up! only audio is coming through, and the clock continues to be displayed. I've tried resetting the clock to factory, and reinstalling everything 3x over. the fact that my smart display works perfectly suggest this is a problem with the smart clock.

This is extremely frustrating as it does work! but only once a day.. not sure if anyone else have this problem or not. if I don't fix this issue soon, I'll be returning it!

anyone have this problem? or experience to share on streaming video to smart clock?
I didnt think this was a feature, surprised you even can get it to work to be honest.
Sep 14, 2004
106 posts
136 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: I didnt think this was a feature, surprised you even can get it to work to be honest.
This is purely a marketing play for them. limiting functions to differentiate between the more expensive products. There is no reason why it should not work, its a ploy to force users to use their product partners ecosystem like Nest camera's!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

waqarb