Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Lexar JumpDrive S75 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive $24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2019 4:50 am
Dec 26, 2004
418 posts
139 upvotes

[Best Buy] Lexar JumpDrive S75 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive $24.99

Although I posted the Costco Sandisk 128GB for $23.99, there is the Lexar version at Best Buy for $24.99 for those that do not have a Costco membership.

The Lexar claims 150MB/s versus the Sandisk 100MB/s but I'm not so sure about those claims in real world timing. I've always found Lexar to be slower than their claimed write speeds.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
I have in the past few 3 years, taken advantage of the various deals with this drive, ranging from eight 128 GB drive to one 256GB. Five out of eight 128GB drives have failed. They would work until the red light starts to blink forever and data inaccessible. I have backups so I haven't lost any data yet but these are not very reliable to say the least. YMMV
Nov 8, 2012
52 posts
29 upvotes
I bought one, but the reviews make me feel like cancelling.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Error2 wrote: I have in the past few 3 years, taken advantage of the various deals with this drive, ranging from eight 128 GB drive to one 256GB. Five out of eight 128GB drives have failed. They would work until the red light starts to blink forever and data inaccessible. I have backups so I haven't lost any data yet but these are not very reliable to say the least. YMMV
I bought a 128GB sandisk Ultra Fit(i think), last winter, and i put it to the asus router for torrenting with transmission, and the drive got corrupted, read only couldn't see anything on the drive.
Warranty was 5 years if i'm not mistaken. I had to paid shipping to send for the RMA, and they send me a new one from United state
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3512 upvotes
Wondering how good this would be for storage space for the shield?
May 7, 2012
240 posts
175 upvotes
MARKHAM
I heard Many horror stories about lexar from my various friends so i won’t touch any Lexars with a ten food pole
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
With the talk about failures and lost data, is there more data reliability of SD cards? Since we can just use the USB adapters anyways whenever.
Best deals:
Dec 26, 2004
418 posts
139 upvotes
For as many people complained about faulty drives, I know many people that bought and use Lexar drives without problems, albeit they are not 'power users'.
I bought a Lexar S57 128GB a couple of years ago and have not had a problem (fingers crossed). Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Fanatic wrote: For as many people complained about faulty drives, I know many people that bought and use Lexar drives without problems, albeit they are not 'power users'.
I bought a Lexar S57 128GB a couple of years ago and have not had a problem (fingers crossed). Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I have also had good luck with their flash unlike other posters. I did have one with the plastic USB connector instead of the standard metal, didn't last long but i was within the 30 day return period (and i had no sensitive data on it).
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Mar 6, 2011
13 posts
Peel, ON
Fanatic wrote: Although I posted the Costco Sandisk 128GB for $23.99, there is the Lexar version at Best Buy for $24.99 for those that do not have a Costco membership.

The Lexar claims 150MB/s versus the Sandisk 100MB/s but I'm not so sure about those claims in real world timing. I've always found Lexar to be slower than their claimed write speeds.
Please post the link to Costco deal as well, thanks
OrangeHoney
Jan 12, 2010
818 posts
289 upvotes
Don't buy this junk. Used it for 3 months and it died.
Aug 25, 2011
208 posts
279 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Important thread for me. The reliability issue is number one. Which brand should I buy? I know there are very expensive units, but which of the consumer level units is most reliable? I lean towards Crucial for anything important, but that is based on my own anecdotal experience.
Banned
Aug 3, 2006
251 posts
135 upvotes
Calgary
i'll never buy another lexar product again. i bought two last year, and both failed me within a year. lexar customer service isn't good either. they require you to ship the product back to them first before shipping out a replacement. The shipping cost for me would be the same as buying a new drive, so pretty pointless.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
I almost bought this, but found the Sandisk one at the local Costco. Still showed full price, so was surprised when it rang up the $23.99. I’d rather take the reliability and 5 year warranty
Jun 25, 2007
494 posts
225 upvotes
Put a lexar SD in wife's phone and it died after 5 months, good that Google backup photos but still weren't the original quality, I will avoid and just get sandisk
Telcom: Public Mobile, Fido
CashBack: CreditCardGenius, TopCashBack, Great Canadian Rebate (GCR), Rakuten
Banking: Tangerine, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC, TD, Laurentian
Dec 20, 2006
469 posts
283 upvotes
Lexar sucks, but the 128 gb Sandisk USB stick I got from Costco 5 months ago for use as adopted storage in my Shield recently failed in spectacular fashion and become completely useless as a result. I’ve had problems with other brands as well in different use scenarios.
Aug 2, 2014
378 posts
65 upvotes
fayya wrote: Put a lexar SD in wife's phone and it died after 5 months, good that Google backup photos but still weren't the original quality, I will avoid and just get sandisk
You can actually back them up on google photos in original quality by changing the settings but when the number of photos you backup this way count towards your data quota while it doesn't when you do not do not back up at original quality.
I got that fireeeeeee
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
Fanatic wrote: For as many people complained about faulty drives, I know many people that bought and use Lexar drives without problems, albeit they are not 'power users'.
I am not a power user either. I used my S75 128GB maybe once or twice a month. 13 months after buying it it stopped working. No longer detected on any computer, no red light.

Lexar is trash. Save your money. There is a better SanDisk 128GB for $30 at Costco.
Dec 28, 2011
940 posts
468 upvotes
Victoria
Error2 wrote: I have in the past few 3 years, taken advantage of the various deals with this drive, ranging from eight 128 GB drive to one 256GB. Five out of eight 128GB drives have failed. They would work until the red light starts to blink forever and data inaccessible. I have backups so I haven't lost any data yet but these are not very reliable to say the least. YMMV
Was coming here to post a similar story. Not great drives.