Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

LG 32" 60Hz 5ms IPS LED Monitor (32MP58HQ-P.AUS) - Black

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 3:15 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2125 posts
516 upvotes
sirex wrote: TV and monitor is not the same thing.
But the Haier hystavito is comparing to the one I brought up is.

But yeah, monitor has more resolution than any 4k tv would have even if they tote them as having 3840 x 2160 Display resolution.

Monitors have more to them then just that.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4440 posts
1100 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
TheRock2012 wrote: But the Haier hystavito is comparing to the one I brought up is.

But yeah, monitor has more resolution than any 4k tv would have even if they tote them as having 3840 x 2160 Display resolution.

Monitors have more to them then just that.
The bolded part makes no sense. If a TV has 3840*2160 resolution it has the same resolution has a monitor with the same resolution period.

Maybe what you mean is that a TV can have processing and may not have chroma 4:4:4 needed to have sharp text - this is something I would say is absolutely needed if you're using a TV as a monitor.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2125 posts
516 upvotes
x-batman wrote: The bolded part makes no sense. If a TV has 3840*2160 resolution it has the same resolution has a monitor with the same resolution period.

Maybe what you mean is that a TV can have processing and may not have chroma 4:4:4 needed to have sharp text - this is something I would say is absolutely needed if you're using a TV as a monitor.
I do know monitors have some thing that refines the image displayed.
So yeah. Some thing like that. I am not a technology expert in this field and never claimed to be.

Those monitors surgeons use for their practices are monitors and not just tvs -and the $10-14,000 price tag for the same size screens reflects thatWinking Face) so they need that resolution refined.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1257 posts
1849 upvotes
Ontario
A 4k TV and 4k monitor at the same size will look exactly the same in terms of resolution, there's no 'resolution refined' whatever that is. People that go for monitors over TVs for their PC is because of the size, type of panel used, input lag, colour gamut, response time among many other things.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)