Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] LG OLED 65CX - Bestbuy back In stock online only (2,600$-50$-25$ mastecard/Rakuten promo)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 9:00 am
[OP]
Aug 13, 2013
51 posts
55 upvotes
Montr

[Best Buy] LG OLED 65CX - Bestbuy back In stock online only (2,600$-50$-25$ mastecard/Rakuten promo)

First time doing this.

I was looking to either buy at Bestbuy or Costco for warranty & Policy reasons. I also happen to have Giftcard for those stores :P.

Shipping seems to be far (Dec 17th. the earliest for me) but it gives you the opportunity to secure stock and also continue to haggle on the side if you want to look out for a better price. The lowest-price is also protected with bestbuy until January 22nd I think.

Also a nice 50$ rebate if you pay with Mastercard. I also saw that you can have 1% with Rakuten which means an extra 25$ on top.

Hope I did this well and sorry if repost. I know there's a C9 thread that is not finishing since last year but couldn't find it in the search.
11 replies
Dec 23, 2012
73 posts
220 upvotes
Anjou
I wish Costco had them in stock online.
Jul 14, 2019
54 posts
69 upvotes
I bought it last week, picked Dec 1st as shipping date. Wonder if they're counting me as sold stock or if i'll be pushed to the back of the line
Dec 16, 2010
297 posts
200 upvotes
Also OP - 1% Rakuten does not list TVs' so I wouldn't count on it.

Best Buy Categories
Appliances1.0%
Beauty1.0%
Computer Accessories1.0%
Fashion Watches & Jewelry1.0%
Hard Drives & Storage Devices1.0%
Home Living1.0%
Office Supplies & Ink1.0%
Personal Care1.0%
Smart Glasses1.0%
Smartwatches & Accessories1.0%
Sports & Recreation1.0%
Toys, Drones, & Education1.0%
Baby & Maternity1.0%
Cell Phone Accessories1.0%
Computer Networking1.0%
Fitness Tracking1.0%
Health & Fitness1.0%
More Wearable Technology1.0%
PC Components1.0%
Select Truly Wireless Headphones1.0%
Smart Home1.0%
Software1.0%
Tablet & iPad Accessories1.0%
Travel Luggage & Bags1.0%

Please note that Best Buy does not offer Cash Back on select electronics and other categories not listed above.
Oct 20, 2004
217 posts
39 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Can confirm the 1% from Rakuten. Picked it up on the 29th and am showing $26 back on Rakuten cash back activity page.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2013
51 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
I actually bought online and I can confirm the TV went for 2550$ and Rakuten is showing 25.50$ in balance already.

That being said, I saw the post about Leon Scratching event (5 to 25% extra rebate on 65'' tv and bigger) and it got me curious.

I Went to Leon to see how the scratching works. You actually have to acknowledge the order and it's actually only at the final step before you get your credit card out that you can know which % you get. Turns out I scratched for 5% at first. The girl behind the counter seeing my face scratched another one for 10%.

At that point they told me to take it or leave it. I ultimately told them that I had to reflect on it and I would come back to them in the next hour. Turns out I went at bestbuy and got it price matched (I had Leon's paperwork as proof). I went there because I was loaded in BB gift card so it made more sense for me. I didn't plan to take any extra service (installation, calibration, warranty). In the end the manager gave me the 4 year coverage including Burn-in for the price of 2 years.

In the end, cost me 2699$ + Tx with 4 years warranty (since It's my first OLED and I have a 2 years old kid, I feel I just bought myself some peace of mind)