Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

LIFX A19 Smart LED Light Bulb - Multi-Colour $37.49/bulb when buying 2

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 10:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7606 posts
5668 upvotes
Ottawa
I put my hue br30 color one outside for 2 years, still good.
gumby wrote: Looked up about the LIFX and the IR might come in handy with Passive Infrared (PIR) motion sensors too.

By the way, the BR30 bulb is also on sale for the same price as the A19 @ $69.99 and it can be used for outdoor but I haven't been able to find the operating temperature range for it.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
AVz281 wrote: A19 sold out online and in store. Is the buy 2 get $25 off still there? I went in store to pick up a few but were sold out and now it doesn’t say buy 2 get $25 off on the website either. Anyone know?
Still there on the web site
1 Special Offer
SAVE $25 when you buy 2 LIFX Smart LED Bulb. Learn more >

How to get this DEAL:
1) Add 2 LIFX Smart LED Bulbs to the cart.
2) Once 2 LIFX Smart LED Bulbs are in the cart, a $25 discount will be applied automatically.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
sonyHdr12 wrote: I put my hue br30 color one outside for 2 years, still good.
Thanks, great to know since you are in Ottawa like me and it can go down to -20°C easily in the winter. I don't have any fixture that can accept a BR30 so I'm hoping that they'll have some A19 outdoor in the future.
Apr 21, 2008
87 posts
12 upvotes
Even if their website indicates no stock, stores might have them on shelves for Black Friday. There were five of the regular A19 bulbs at the Ottawa Merivale Best Buy; I was there for something else, figured there was no harm checking and sure enough...! They may have been holding them in reserve because they weren't there yesterday morning.

Anyway, I got two of them, $50 each, and got the additional $25 off the subtotal. I wasn't expecting that since I missed seeing that mentioned on the website, so I'm quite stoked at scoring this sweet deal!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
For those looking at the LIFX A19 bulbs and cannot find them in stock at BB, Amazon has them for $49.99 for a single or a 4-pack for $173.90 which works out to $43.50 each, a little more than BB with the $25 off/2 but this lets you get some of these awesome bulbs still at reasonable prices. I tried them out and love them, they are very bright and the app is really cool. For these prices, they are better than the Philips Hue colour.
LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Adjustable, Multicolor, Dimmable, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa, Pack of 4
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
How's the quality of this brand? I just ordered the Philips hue but this lifx seems much cheaper

Does it work with ifttt or HomeKit? I hate having so many individual apps.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 18, 2017
486 posts
838 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know if I need a hub to get those to work with the Google Home ?!

Thanks in advance :-)
Nov 23, 2013
28 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Best buy sold out, i checked in store the shelf was empty, no bulbs but i did grab the last led strip.

Besides amazon and BB anywhere else to buy these? Looking for the BR30 for the recessed fixtures in the ceiling.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
Anyone else order say "Out of Stock"...meaning they have none and we just wait for it?
Oct 2, 2013
832 posts
205 upvotes
Can this do the dancing light show when playing music?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3197 posts
2220 upvotes
ontario
Question about these vs Philips hue

Am I correct when I say each LIFX bulb gets assigned it's own IP address by your router

Vs

Philips hue where the hub gets it's own IP and all hue devices are on the hubs 'network' not directly on your router?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
My local store didn't have stock according to the online stock status but a few days later I went into the store and found some on the shelf. By then I've already ordered them online when it came back in stock briefly. Just like another poster said previously, check the store, you might be lucky to find some in stock Winking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
aleks77 wrote: Best buy sold out, i checked in store the shelf was empty, no bulbs but i did grab the last led strip.

Besides amazon and BB anywhere else to buy these? Looking for the BR30 for the recessed fixtures in the ceiling.
That's it in Canada that I'm aware of. You can buy them directly from LIFX and they have free shipping to Canada. It's still better to buy direct from Canada with the existing exchange rate.
CarsonKT wrote: Can this do the dancing light show when playing music?
Not really, it doesn't respond to the beats, the flickering is random.
Nov 7, 2017
319 posts
154 upvotes
^Yes it responds to music. There is a setting called Music Visualizer under Effects.

Wish I could have ordered more when it was in stock for my basement/entertainment room. I thought I don’t need colour there but after my experience with my initial 4, i need the colour. It has been phenomenal so far in my living room creating cool ambiance and themes. I have never seen my living room so sophisticated and looks premium because of this! Lol!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
jarjarBlinks wrote: ^Yes it responds to music. There is a setting called Music Visualizer under Effects.

I tried that effect once and it didn't seem to correspond with the beats. I'm going to try again tonight, maybe with the sound a little louder Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
jarjarBlinks wrote: ^Yes it responds to music. There is a setting called Music Visualizer under Effects.
gumby wrote: I tried that effect once and it didn't seem to correspond with the beats. I'm going to try again tonight, maybe with the sound a little louder Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Tried again last night several times and the Music Visualizer effect did not correspond to the music at all, it was purely random. We tried with music, sounds, claps and there was no correlation at all and there were significant delays because it has to go through wifi in the house. This is in agreement with other reviewers on the net. The effort is there but it's not working.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)