Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Logitech G305 Lightspeed 29.99$ (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2019 12:22 am
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
j6n wrote: I ordered at 7:02 AM ET way before people caught wind of this and yet people who ordered at 10 AM got shipping confirmation while mine gets cancelled!? Sigh
ouch should have reserved in store
*edit also hope you didn't pay in paypal
Jun 1, 2006
901 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
MastaOogway wrote: ouch should have reserved in store
*edit also hope you didn't pay in paypal
I thought of reserving in store but I wouldn't have been able to go pick it until the evening and I figured that they'd come up with some excuse by then so I figured I'd just try my luck at ordering online and hope my order snuck through. I never imagined people ordering much later than me would get theirs and I wouldn't. I don't understand how they do things. Do they fulfill online orders backwards? from newest to oldest?!

I didn't use PayPal. I don't plan to use Paypal ever again because they have terrible customer service. Retailer told me they issued a refund, Paypal denied it. Both parties took no responsibility. They only let you open one ticket and once they deem it closed, you're finished whether it was resolved or not.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
j6n wrote: I thought of reserving in store but I wouldn't have been able to go pick it until the evening and I figured that they'd come up with some excuse by then so I figured I'd just try my luck at ordering online and hope my order snuck through. I never imagined people ordering much later than me would get theirs and I wouldn't. I don't understand how they do things. Do they fulfill online orders backwards? from newest to oldest?!

I didn't use PayPal. I don't plan to use Paypal ever again because they have terrible customer service. Retailer told me they issued a refund, Paypal denied it. Both parties took no responsibility. They only let you open one ticket and once they deem it closed, you're finished whether it was resolved or not.
My wild guess is that maybe it's by location and warehouse. So someone who ordered from Vancouver BC will get theirs shipped if it means they're the earliest of the batch in the area despite being later than the East coast people?

Example would be Mississauga warehouse earliest order is 8:45 AM but Vancouver BC is at 8:55 but they'll fulfill the orders based on the warehouse and delivery address to make sure that the shipping cost/time is efficient.
Jun 1, 2006
901 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimboski wrote: My wild guess is that maybe it's by location and warehouse. So someone who ordered from Vancouver BC will get theirs shipped if it means they're the earliest of the batch in the area despite being later than the East coast people?

Example would be Mississauga warehouse earliest order is 8:45 AM but Vancouver BC is at 8:55 but they'll fulfill the orders based on the warehouse and delivery address to make sure that the shipping cost/time is efficient.
Yeah, I hear ya. Still don't like it lol. What really irks me is that once you place an order they won't let you cancel it, they say it's too late, it's already being processed... yet they take forever to fulfill the order and during that time if they catch a price error they'll cancel your order.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
j6n wrote: Yeah, I hear ya. Still don't like it lol. What really irks me is that once you place an order they won't let you cancel it, they say it's too late, it's already being processed... yet they take forever to fulfill the order and during that time if they catch a price error they'll cancel your order.
I know what you mean but the cancel button on the best buy orders were there for a few hours.
Jul 10, 2019
596 posts
580 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I know what you mean but the cancel button on the best buy orders were there for a few hours.
To be honest there's a lot of implementations on the tech side that is unregulated and many things we see, even the small stuff is to the benefit of Best buy.

Normal sales go through immediately and are "shipped" ie you cannot cancel your order. This allows bestbuy to quickly solidify the sale and send you the product and when it arrives in your front door step, if it means you accepting the package there's still a chance you won't actually refund your item.

in this case of price errors, best buy changed the shipping date to "invalid date" while your credit card had a temp authorization and kept "Cancel Order" open. Some people would cancel the orders if it didn't guarantee them an email confirmation and that would favor BB
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Was hoping they would honor this one, 50% off and smaller dollar amount difference, oh well
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
I got a tracking number for 2 x G305 and I also received a code to order another one. Weird my order was supposed to be cancelled. Not sure if I can share my code, I don't know if they'll check the shipping address.
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
andersb wrote: I got a tracking number for 2 x G305 and I also received a code to order another one. Weird my order was supposed to be cancelled. Not sure if I can share my code, I don't know if they'll check the shipping address.
shit i'll take it if you're feeling generous

but either way, congrats, probably don't call them or give them any reason to look into your account until you have them in hand
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
FatIndian wrote: shit i'll take it if you're feeling generous

but either way, congrats, probably don't call them or give them any reason to look into your account until you have them in hand
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yesterday Best Buy sent me an email telling me that my order would be cancelled (because I ordered 2) but that I could reorder using a coupon code. Today I received an email telling me that my order shipped. I still got billed for the mice.

I'm tempted to try the code on the C922 webcam...
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
andersb wrote: Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yesterday Best Buy sent me an email telling me that my order would be cancelled (because I ordered 2) but that I could reorder using a coupon code. Today I received an email telling me that my order shipped. I still got billed for the mice.

oh i gotcha

hopefully it's the cancellation email that was the erroneous one :)
Apr 4, 2017
307 posts
242 upvotes
The store I went to honored my reserved price without any hassle yesterday. Thanks OP. :)
Dec 18, 2014
178 posts
130 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
I'm super confused, they canceled my order but it shipped just now. It's still in progress on the site when I track but I got the shipment confirmation.
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
i got a cancellation email for my 2x g305, but my coupon-applied order is still active but stuck in "in progress". Do you get "shipped" notification with bb or a tracking number eventually?

i don't want to call them and risk getting attention on it

wat do pls advise
Jun 1, 2006
901 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm confused too. I ordered the G305 and C922 webcam and they sent me an e-mail about the Logitech pricing error and cancelled my order. But then they sent me a follow up e-mail stating that the C922 shipped on Saturday along with a tracking number. Yet it's still in the "in progress" stage and the tracking number shows that they only received a shipping label. Did anybody who received a cancellation e-mail but shipped, get past the shipping label stage?

Edit: Nevermind. It just got picked up by Canada Post, so looks like it's really coming :D
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
j6n wrote: I'm confused too. I ordered the G305 and C922 webcam and they sent me an e-mail about the Logitech pricing error and cancelled my order. But then they sent me a follow up e-mail stating that the C922 shipped on Saturday along with a tracking number. Yet it's still in the "in progress" stage and the tracking number shows that they only received a shipping label. Did anybody who received a cancellation e-mail but shipped, get past the shipping label stage?

Edit: Nevermind. It just got picked up by Canada Post, so looks like it's really coming :D
i got my shipping notice now, so everything seems all good
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
i got a shipping notice with tracking however the tracking says The sender has created a shipping label. When we receive the item, we’ll update its status and expected delivery date. So i'm guessing theres still a chance of it being cancelled. O well
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
for those that used the bb supplied coupon to re-order the mouse, how much was your total?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)