[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 1:31 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2006
502 posts
342 upvotes

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.99

Best Buy exclusive - includes home hub and smart remote. Compatible with Alexa and Google home.
Last edited by frugalcanuck on Apr 19th, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
202 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1440 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Appears to be even cheaper (69.99) on Amazon, but from 3rd party sellers, still fulfilled by Amazon though.

This model looks discontinued and replaced by a newer one with dedicated smart home buttons on the remote. Still a good deal for a Bluetooth compatible smart remote.
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1440 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
It includes the hub according to the description:

“Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360“

Same model # as Best Buy.
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Dec 19, 2008
263 posts
93 upvotes
Worth it for the hub alone, they retail for $99.
Mar 25, 2009
718 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this set a few years ago. It looks exactly like the one in this thread but I’m not sure if it’s compatible with Google Home. How can I tell? Did they change the functionality but kept the design in recent years? If mine can’t do Goggle home but this one does I’m going to upgrade at this price .. please help
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18557 posts
1952 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Surfingbob wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:15 am
According to their documentation the hub should work with Google Assistant. I'm going to buy this and hopefully this will work as intended.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-ca/har ... -assistant

It will work though google assistant but in a weird way. To turn my TV off I have to say "Hey Google, tell harmony to turn my TV off". Maybe they've updated the commands since I set it up but that's how I use it. Easier to turn the TV off that way when you're leaving the house and you have no idea where your kid hid the remote this time.

As a side note, I despise the way harmony makes their remotes now. I find this remote is nearly impossible to use in the dark. The buttons are way too small and they make little to no sense. There is is no page up/down for the guide so I had to set up a special command with 2 of the colour buttons but it's just not very remote like.

The automation is good though, 1 button press to turn on what you want.
Jan 12, 2004
523 posts
102 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:19 am
It will work though google assistant but in a weird way. To turn my TV off I have to say "Hey Google, tell harmony to turn my TV off". Maybe they've updated the commands since I set it up but that's how I use it. Easier to turn the TV off that way when you're leaving the house and you have no idea where your kid hid the remote this time.

As a side note, I despise the way harmony makes their remotes now. I find this remote is nearly impossible to use in the dark. The buttons are way too small and they make little to no sense. There is is no page up/down for the guide so I had to set up a special command with 2 of the colour buttons but it's just not very remote like.

The automation is good though, 1 button press to turn on what you want.
You can use IFTTT to make the commands a bit simpler. I mapped "turn on tv" and "turn off tv" to harmony commands so imdont have to do the ask harmony thing.
Sep 23, 2008
47 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:19 am
Google has updated the integration. Works consistently enough for my 5 y/o's to commandeer the TV or sound system from me at their beck and call.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will occasionally post useful information; also, nudes.
Sep 12, 2006
99 posts
69 upvotes
They updated the Google home/assistant integration so you don't have to say "ask harmony" anymore. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/har ... -assistant.

You need to unlink and follow the instructions on the harmony site. Works real well. Also I believe the Amazon ones that are cheaper are refurbished, check the Amazon comments.
Nov 9, 2009
542 posts
107 upvotes
So is this just in-store? Online features are greyed out. Is it out of stock?
Jan 16, 2008
280 posts
60 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 7:37 am
I bought this set a few years ago. It looks exactly like the one in this thread but I’m not sure if it’s compatible with Google Home. How can I tell? Did they change the functionality but kept the design in recent years? If mine can’t do Goggle home but this one does I’m going to upgrade at this price .. please help
It works with my Google home mini.
I bought my harmony hub in 2014.