Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2814 posts
771 upvotes
I bought mine a few years ago. Mine has been awful. When it works, it's fine but when it doesn't, it will make you want to throw it through the window. Mine constantly locks up or disconnects from WiFi. The software on iOS and Android is also terrible. Really badly thought out design and hasn't improved during the time I've had it. I've lost track of how many times I've had to reset mine or at least reboot it. In fact, it locked up again 5 minutes ago and once again had to be rebooted so I could control my Roku.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4819 posts
745 upvotes
Montreal
infamousdealer wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:05 pm
What are the differences between this and Samsung Smart things hub?
In a word - Everything.

The Harmony hub is a controller so you can control your media devices and a limited number of lighting devices with one remote control or your voice. With the Harmony, you specify which media device models you have and it programs the hub and remote accordingly. In other words it's a very fancy universal remote control.

The SmartThings hub controls an entire smart home - not only media devices. It has more features for everything else but can't control media like the Harmony can.
Phils
Penalty Box
Mar 7, 2011
3442 posts
1595 upvotes
Vancouver
DougO wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 8:04 pm
Just looking at the desk which has the remotes for THIS TV (there are 2 others in my household), there are 6 separate ones plus the two games controllers that also double as remotes. Then there are my older equipment remotes which add at least 5 more to the mix. Can't see these in the dark as they are all black in colour. Try fumbling around in the dark looking for the right one when you need it. Voice control would be so much easier...
Well, "Alexa, turn on the lights" would solve your problem, using voice control Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16033 posts
4102 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 5:30 pm
Well, "Alexa, turn on the lights" would solve your problem, using voice control Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Hey Google, turn on the Globe Smart Bulb; Living Room; Game Room; Desk Lamp. But I also need to add: Samsung Smart TV, Sound Bar, Playstation, Xbox X, as well as specific inputs going to the TV. Gets complicated, no?

Actually, the mic picked up and asked me if I wanted to add the Smart TV when I read back what I wrote, so I added that. Works great!
Oct 1, 2006
42 posts
34 upvotes
I have had one for at least a year. The kids have been using it with Google Assistance since the start. Just picked up a second from the Amazon 3rd party reseller, but shipped by Amazon. It has been great. $76 two weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1576 posts
483 upvotes
BC
zylonite wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 11:22 am
People too lazy to pick up a remote control
Not meant to be an insult, but generally people who say shit like that are "basic". Like you couldn't be bothered to think for two seconds on other people's usage or you lack the thinking portion of your brain that could easily think of a thing or two. So either too lazy to think, or unable to think at all.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1935 posts
286 upvotes
I prefer this older/discontinued remote design, so I bought an extra some time ago so I would have it as a backup for when my current ones failed. I have ALL remotes replaced with these.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6543 posts
2387 upvotes
Toronto
scottworkman15 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:50 am
I had one of these a while back but don't like that the buttons aren't backlit.
No backlight, I wouldn't have guessed since every one of my old harmonys had it. Guess that's a dealbreaker for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1306 posts
364 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone that ordered from BB receive theirs? Checked my order status and it says status is “Shipment Cancelled”?
Sep 28, 2006
609 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Guys, I bought this hub because of RFD (Buy first, think later). Now I don't know whether it is worthwhile for me to use so I need some advice Face With Tears Of Joy. I am moving and the new place will have the following: 2 TVs with cable, computer most likely hooked up to one of the TV, soundbars, a Nintendo switch and possibly other video game consoles, and chromecast. I also have a google home mini already. I am not sure if I want to have any smart plugs or smart bulbs yet. Would this still be worthwhile for my set up? Or should I just return it? Thanks.
Nov 22, 2012
545 posts
257 upvotes
VANCOUVER
txenglan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:28 pm
I bought mine a few years ago. Mine has been awful. When it works, it's fine but when it doesn't, it will make you want to throw it through the window. Mine constantly locks up or disconnects from WiFi. The software on iOS and Android is also terrible. Really badly thought out design and hasn't improved during the time I've had it. I've lost track of how many times I've had to reset mine or at least reboot it. In fact, it locked up again 5 minutes ago and once again had to be rebooted so I could control my Roku.
It's possibly your router.

Honestly, let a buddy borrow it for a few days. If they have no issues, then it's your router 100%.

If they have similar issues, then RMA the remote.

The remote should never lock up or require a reboot. Period.
Feb 6, 2011
35 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Bought from Amazon, received Saturday. Remote looked brand new, but the box and the hub were not.
Bought it to control STBEmu on an Nvidia Shield TV. The hub found the Shield, but I could not add the hub to the Shield.
Returned this morning. Thanks OP, upvoted.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1553 posts
515 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:28 pm
I had the exact same experience, until I decided to move my router from 2nd floor in my home to the family room - same room as the Hub. Since then it's been working 100% of the time. My hub is from 2014.