• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2002 posts
1292 upvotes
mtlboy wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 8:58 am
I am not that tech savvy but I will tell people my setup. I have a receiver, satellite, shield. I used to have 4 remotes (tv, shield, receiver, satellite). Now I use the logitech remote, I press 1 button on it, and it has a sequence. It first turns on my receiver, satellite, then tv, puts it to the right hdmi source. Then for the shield, I press another button on the logitech remote. It switches my receiver to another input, then turns off my sat, turns on the shield. I use the logitech remote instead of the shield remote. When you turn things off, it turns off all the items you want in an activity so I turn it off on the remote and all my things turn off together. It's unpaired once from my shield, so I am going to keep testing it. But so far it's been worth the money paid just to not have 4 massive remotes on my couch all the time.
how did you get the input to switch? I have the following setup - TV logo for the TV + Sound Bar + Rogers box; Movie Logo for TV + Sound Bar + Android box.

When i switch from TV logo to Movie logo, it will turn off my TV and does not change input.

Any help is appreciated
May 16, 2007
961 posts
538 upvotes
Androidmarshmellow wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 am
how did you get it to work with google home? I tried linking it but it doesn't show up
Once I got it connected to my wifi i went into the google home app, clicked add, setup a device, works with google and then went down the list and found Harmony and it added it for me.

Hope that helps.
Sep 12, 2012
19 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:36 am
how did you get the input to switch? I have the following setup - TV logo for the TV + Sound Bar + Rogers box; Movie Logo for TV + Sound Bar + Android box.

When i switch from TV logo to Movie logo, it will turn off my TV and does not change input.

Any help is appreciated
You probably need to change the power settings of the TV in the Harmony app. You should see an option in the settings where you can select one of a few options:

Turn off when not in use (default)
Leave powered on all the time
Keep this device on when switching Activities

You're going to want to make sure that the 3rd option is selected for your TV and it should work after that.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2130 posts
285 upvotes
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:36 am

Any help is appreciated
I change the input on my receiver, but it is the same HDMI source on my TV. But, I recall seeing a TV option to change the HDMI option on your TV. Do you have that in your devices? For that activity you should have the option to edit the device input on your TV when you edit it.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2002 posts
1292 upvotes
mtlboy wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 11:59 am
I change the input on my receiver, but it is the same HDMI source on my TV. But, I recall seeing a TV option to change the HDMI option on your TV. Do you have that in your devices? For that activity you should have the option to edit the device input on your TV when you edit it.
Do you have multiple video sources ? An android tv with a dvd player or something that requires you to change tv input from a HDMI 1 to 2 to 3, etc?
Jun 24, 2013
94 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the 76 dollar version on amazon
Feb 2, 2010
453 posts
274 upvotes
Cambridge
yurong wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:58 am
Bought from Amazon, received Saturday. Remote looked brand new, but the box and the hub were not.
Bought it to control STBEmu on an Nvidia Shield TV. The hub found the Shield, but I could not add the hub to the Shield.
Returned this morning. Thanks OP, upvoted.
Same for me, although I have n o idea what the contents look like as I haven't opened the box yet. It literally looks like it's been refurbed and repackaged. The box is all scuffed up and faded, and there's a new sticker placed over the original barcode on the box. The sticker says "new" but the box sure doesn't look like it (and why would they put a sticker on that says "new"? It might as well say "Definitely not used"). I bought this for the hub and to replace my beloved old 650, but the lack of a screen with custom buttons makes the deal cold for me. Returning.
Aug 22, 2001
885 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver
I also purchased from Amazon third-party seller because I wanted to use up a gift card. Big mistake! The box looked terrible and the contents inside did not appear remotely close to new. The remote was just rattling around inside and I am sure Logitech would never send it out that way! Definitely pay more to buy from Best Buy!
Aug 13, 2006
370 posts
117 upvotes
My order came in yesterday. As a long time Harmony user - these are my observations.

1. Form factor for remote is very good. Comfortable to hold. And commonly used buttons are easy to reach. Only real complaint is the number buttons are a bit small.
2. The set up is very easy and is 100x better than the old clunky software
3. Set up was not problem free. My app hung out on me the first time I tried configuring. Had to reset the hub a couple of times before it got working properly. But it's been fine since.
4. The hub seems to be able to reach all my components without issue even if it's sitting in another

And by far the biggest plus for me is that the remote uses RF. This solves to 2 big pain points for my TV watching experience.

- my wife really hated my old Harmony - she just couldn't grasp the concept that you need to keep the remote aimed at the TV for longer than 1 second. With the RF - she can wave that thing like a baton and it will still switch the inputs as required.
- First world problem here but when I'm wrapped up snug as a bug in my blanket - I don't have to keep my arm outside when using the remote.

Thanks OP!!
Oct 18, 2010
76 posts
73 upvotes
AEmgee wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 6:20 pm
I also purchased from Amazon third-party seller because I wanted to use up a gift card. Big mistake! The box looked terrible and the contents inside did not appear remotely close to new. The remote was just rattling around inside and I am sure Logitech would never send it out that way! Definitely pay more to buy from Best Buy!
Which seller did you buy from?
Dec 6, 2016
7 posts
13 upvotes
I purchased from Best buy and the box looked pretty beat up as well. Debating to return.
Images
  • IMG_20190423_220000.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1924 posts
259 upvotes
User822657 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:44 am
I purchased from Best buy and the box looked pretty beat up as well. Debating to return.
If it makes you feel any better it's packaged pretty well for safety, and you can safely throw the packaging out right after you open it. And if something is wrong after opening it, you can still return it.
Aug 22, 2001
885 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver
cardenas wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:20 am
Which seller did you buy from?
Mega PC Mall
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4807 posts
737 upvotes
Montreal
I received mine from the Amazon $70 deal yesterday.
The packaging and contents are new.
Phils