[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Oct 18, 2010
71 posts
70 upvotes
Phils wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 6:35 am
I received mine from the Amazon $70 deal yesterday.
The packaging and contents are new.
It was $70 when you bought it? Who was the seller?

Right now there's Gadge Universe and MJ TRADING GLOBAL.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4806 posts
736 upvotes
Montreal
It was Deals24n7. Also, there was no PST - only GST.

I have a question:
I set mine up and it works perfectly with Google Home so far. The question that just occurred to me is how to use voice controls when the TV is on. I seems to me, there will be a lot of interference between the TV and the voice command. I know I sometimes have that problem when I play music in Google Home.
Phils
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1296 posts
232 upvotes
Phils wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:28 am
It was Deals24n7. Also, there was no PST - only GST.

I have a question:
I set mine up and it works perfectly with Google Home so far. The question that just occurred to me is how to use voice controls when the TV is on. I seems to me, there will be a lot of interference between the TV and the voice command. I know I sometimes have that problem when I play music in Google Home.
Try it out and find out?

It works fine with my Alexa, but the tv is about 10 feet away and the Alexa is next to me.

You have to remember, when you’re playing music on the home, the interference is much worse than when the sound is coming from another source.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1296 posts
232 upvotes
Bought from amazon, and it arrived looking brand new. I didn’t order it from amazon to save $10, I ordered it from amazon because they shipped to Quebec but BB didn’t.
Dec 13, 2017
70 posts
69 upvotes
Got mine and pretty obviously used (scratches, dust). Fulfilled by Amazon but third party seller.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2129 posts
285 upvotes
Flonkeys wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:43 am
Got mine and pretty obviously used (scratches, dust). Fulfilled by Amazon but third party seller.
which seller? it will be good to compile a list of which sellers are using refurbs
Nov 25, 2017
489 posts
297 upvotes
bought from best buy. Brand new with all wrappings.
Dec 13, 2017
70 posts
69 upvotes
AEmgee wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:09 am
Mega PC Mall
mtlboy wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:44 am
which seller? it will be good to compile a list of which sellers are using refurbs
Same situation/seller in my case. Looked normally packaged though.

EDIT: Ordered from Best Buy now.
Jun 10, 2013
54 posts
21 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
Well I got setup this remote today. Quite the headache. Finally got it to do what I wanted. The only gripe is that the DVR button on the remote does not control the function PVR from my Bell Satellite PVR. Anyone had Bell Satellite and who was able to configure this button? It works on the Harmony app no problem. It there a way to configure the actual buttons on this remote?

Thanks!
Oct 7, 2004
275 posts
26 upvotes
Bit the bullet and picked on up..I got it all setup and works great. I left my TV and android TV box all on the 5ghz network and it works seamlessly. I thought there was gonna be issues but remote is flawless. Now just need a new sound bar and I'll be good to go!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4806 posts
736 upvotes
Montreal
vonsmugh wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 10:15 pm
Is there a way to configure the actual buttons on this remote?

Thanks!
Assuming you're using MyHarmony, you can set what pretty much what every button does in an activity by selecting the Buttons option. That includes short and long presses. The first step is to define what both the short and long press is supposed to do and then you can change one of the press definitions. What I ended up doing is changing the long presses for the ch+ and ch- button so that the short press changed the channel and the long presses change the PIP channel.

If you go to the devices option, you can "Fix a command" which should allow you to fix what's wrong at a device level.

Also, in my case, I transferred all my settings from a Harmony One and everything worked flawlessly except that it would not switch to the proper HDMI input on my Pioneer receiver when selecting my Roku. I ended up having the hub learn the button from my Pioneer remote. Everything works perfectly now.
Phils
Apr 19, 2019
31 posts
33 upvotes
I have been using this for a few years now, and has worked great!
So far I have the TV, a PS4, a soundbar & an android box all managed through the logitech remote.
May 11, 2006
260 posts
150 upvotes
Canada post is having an aneurysm with my delivery... Between Mississauga and Hamilton, its been processed 4x, delivery may be delayed due to transportation and then item processed again..
Its been projecting delivery every day since Wednesday.. lol
Jun 10, 2013
54 posts
21 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
Phils wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 7:24 am
Assuming you're using MyHarmony, you can set what pretty much what every button does in an activity by selecting the Buttons option. That includes short and long presses. The first step is to define what both the short and long press is supposed to do and then you can change one of the press definitions. What I ended up doing is changing the long presses for the ch+ and ch- button so that the short press changed the channel and the long presses change the PIP channel.

If you go to the devices option, you can "Fix a command" which should allow you to fix what's wrong at a device level.

Also, in my case, I transferred all my settings from a Harmony One and everything worked flawlessly except that it would not switch to the proper HDMI input on my Pioneer receiver when selecting my Roku. I ended up having the hub learn the button from my Pioneer remote. Everything works perfectly now.
Thank you! I will try and play with it some more and hopefully get that button to work. Like it so far.