Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 12:56 pm
Jun 21, 2005
319 posts
113 upvotes
zewill wrote: Price looks enticing. Even with RFD mindset, I cannot justify buying this. Can someone tell me what exactly is gained having a smart remote?
I only have a TV remote and remote for my sound bar. Im lazy but I'm sure i would have more trouble setting up a unique remote. Then I still need to keep the old remotes in case. Plus I add a hub (extra wires, extra stuff to charge, etc).
What is YOUR scenario that totally sold you on this device?
With your current setup I wouldn't invest in a smart remote. I don't currently have a Harmony Hub, but I have had a Harmony remote for years. My setup is more complex and includes a TV, set-top box, receiver, DVD player, XBox One and Chromecast. 5 remotes. With the Harmony I press one button and my receiver, TV, and set-top box (or DVD player, XBox or Chromecast) turn on, and the appropriate input is selected on the receiver, One remote, one button. With the harmony hub I could do all this, as well as use voice control, and integrate smart lighting (turn down the lights for movies for example).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6330 posts
2210 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for sharing.

I had bad experience with harmony hub + harmony companion remote.
There was input lag when I used the Harmony iOS app.

The Companion remote (similar to smart control) is nothing special, I preferred the budget harmony 300 in comparison.

I could not use another remote (such as TV remote) at same time because it would screw up the iOS app that would not switch inputs ok.

Google home stuff did not work well in early 2018zzz (some here say it’s now improved).

I sold it this week on Facebook Marketplace... happy that this person did not see this deal at Bestbuy or Amazon !!!
Apr 1, 2007
401 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
frugalcanuck wrote: Deal has been extended to Apr 25.
Please edit the title, it still reads “todays only”. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2645 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kuruptedazn wrote: Call me crazy but with all the smart lights I just installed, I kind of want this new controller with the light buttons...
I checked last night and it's only compatible to few devices, if yours is smartthings or Phillips hue there should be no issue, not compatible to TP-link, wemo or others
Dec 24, 2017
746 posts
642 upvotes
People too lazy to pick up a remote control
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3325 posts
494 upvotes
Hamilton
Besides the screen on the remote, what does the elite do over this unit?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4108 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
zylonite wrote: People too lazy to pick up a remote control
? This is a remote control, lol.

But if you've got an audio receiver / cable box / TV , rather than using 3 remotes to watch TV using 1 is fantastic. Espcially if you need to use the receiver's remote for volume and the cable box for channel changing. It's just a needless constant swapping of remotes.

If you've just got a cable box and TV you can usually program your cable box to do everything. This isn't for those people....
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5807 posts
1648 upvotes
Montreal
jiffylube1024 wrote: ? This is a remote control, lol.
I think the comment was in reference to voice commands .
Nov 16, 2012
622 posts
166 upvotes
VANCOUVER
What are the differences between this and Samsung Smart things hub?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16964 posts
4683 upvotes
zylonite wrote: People too lazy to pick up a remote control
Just looking at the desk which has the remotes for THIS TV (there are 2 others in my household), there are 6 separate ones plus the two games controllers that also double as remotes. Then there are my older equipment remotes which add at least 5 more to the mix. Can't see these in the dark as they are all black in colour. Try fumbling around in the dark looking for the right one when you need it. Voice control would be so much easier...