Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub - $79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 7:27 pm
Dec 25, 2006
781 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub - $79.99

Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new Harmony remote, and came across these 2 deals. Can anyone comment on whether these are good deals or not? Thanks a lot.

Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub - $79.99
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... y/11421695

Logitech Harmony 665 - $59.99
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/11421696
Last edited by marksmithy69 on Oct 17th, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
34 replies
Oct 10, 2005
17 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Logitech Harmony Smart Control with Home Hub is amazing. Buy it.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1194 posts
266 upvotes
i have one for each tv.. but primarily ONLY use this to turn the tv on and off with Alexa and google assistant.
Jan 9, 2019
38 posts
16 upvotes
you can use it to IR blast anything. you can use IFTTT with alexa, to make anything non smart IR device, smart
Oct 19, 2009
214 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga
Upvoting because I bought one and recommend it to everyone.

Turning on/off the sound bar, TV, and cable box with one voice command never gets old.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
Both are good prices, the Hub might be slightly better value.

The Hub has advantages in that it can work with Amazon Alexa/Google Home. It can also work with the Harmony app on your phone to allow your phone act as the remote. In addition, it can connect via bluetooth to devices, eg home computer theatre. The Smart control remote does not have to be pointed at the hub for the remote to work. The remote only communicates with the Hub. The Hub itself is the actual device that blasts out the IR codes to your various devices. And The battery in the Smart remote seems to last forever. Does not have back lit keys.

The 665 (new model?) feels better in your hand and has back light buttons. You need to keep the remote pointed at your devices during the start up and shut down sequences. This could be 10 seconds or more. Batteries will need to be replace about every 3-4 weeks depending on use.

Both are capable of working with simple TV/set top box settings right up to complicate full blown home theatres.

I have worked with both and have landed on the Hub with Smart remote. $79 has been seen a number of times before but I don't think it has been lower.

I would get the Hub over the 665 at $59, but both are great remotes.
Public Mobile
Jan 17, 2012
546 posts
616 upvotes
Red Deer
FYI, they come in a plain white rectangle box. Not the retail box that you would expect. I bought 2 last week.
Dec 11, 2005
445 posts
218 upvotes
This is pretty much a "regular" price for Best Buy. It would be on sale at this price every few weeks or so. But yes, get the hub. it's great.
Jan 29, 2015
129 posts
72 upvotes
Markham, ON
Been wanting to get one of these but am I really that lazy? Buy now think later?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1487 posts
700 upvotes
Toronto
Love the hub! Best investment to control using Alexa.
May 10, 2010
937 posts
1482 upvotes
Kenora
Jeeverz wrote: FYI, they come in a plain white rectangle box. Not the retail box that you would expect. I bought 2 last week.
Yeah, I was surprised with this, it looks packaged like a refurbished unit.
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
Is it just me or are the pics for the app misleading?? What i see is way different and uglier than what is shown in pics...
Images
  • EA73670E-E6B0-4F74-B684-1F45A79A9D9A.png
Jan 29, 2015
129 posts
72 upvotes
Markham, ON
poopdedoop wrote: Yeah, I was surprised with this, it looks packaged like a refurbished unit.
Can anyone confirm if it's refurbished?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1171 posts
958 upvotes
Edmonton
mskacey wrote: Can anyone confirm if it's refurbished?
Definitely refurbished. I returned my "white box" version at the local BB the other day and the person doing the return was confused as to why they would send me a refurb to begin with. Suffice to say they've ordered a "new" one for me that should arrive today. I'll update when I receive it.
Jun 26, 2007
668 posts
287 upvotes
I also received refurbished
Sep 30, 2011
157 posts
490 upvotes
Got it on the previous BestBuy sale and love it. Setup was a breeze as my Logitech account still had my old, long dead 665 remote. Just imported the same settings in the new hub.
It also got me into the smart home things, so far great with Lifx bulbs as they work without additional hub.
I'd like to buy a smart plug to work with the Logitech Hub but without requiring an extra hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6748 posts
1781 upvotes
Montreal
The hub actually has been as low as $69.95. That's the price I paid. Now that I have it and know what it can do I'd pay $79.95 if I had to. I also have a 650 and I don't think the 665 is much of an upgrade. the 650 has been as low as $39.95 and maybe lower that I'm not aware of.
Phils
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
277 upvotes
marksmithy69 wrote: Hi everyone. I am in the market for a new Harmony remote, and came across these 2 deals. Can anyone comment on whether these are good deals or not? Thanks a lot.
Value-wise they're both fine but the hub unit is the better value of the two and has a lot more functionality included, the trade-off is that the remote is ... minimal.

I have a still-working Harmony 900 which has been by far my favourite Harmony remote ever, however it wasn't able to control my Fire TV so I picked up the Smart Control hub at $69 the last time it was on sale, figuring I'd use both (hub for Fire TV, 900 for everything else). That lasted about 10 minutes, despite the ... minimal remote I haven't touched the 900 since. I'm still getting used to the remote (I can use most if it in the dark at this point despite lack of back lighting) but I've had no particular desire to go back to the 900.

That said, in my perfect world Logitech offers a Hub + full-sized rechargeable backlit remote combo. Maybe some year.

One tip that I wasn't aware of going in that makes the ... minimal remote more usable, each button has both a short and long push function that can be mapped, by default both map to the same thing but, for instance, in my case I remapped the Exit button to act as Back on a short push and Exit on a long push when controlling my Bell 4K PVR. The seeming lack of buttons is basically a non-issue due to this dual purpose functionality.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1058 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
I have two thanks to RFD.

However, I just moved and no longer have a receiver and now can’t figure out how to install, even after troubleshooting online.

How does this work exactly? Maybe I can figure out my issue that way