• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2018 3:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes

[Best Buy] Logitech Harmony smart control with hub @ 89.99

Logitech Harmony Smart Control with hub on sale again.. usually comes once a month. I missed out on the last sale and saw it appear on BB. If anyone else is interested.. Today is the last day for the sale though..
37 replies
Oct 21, 2010
195 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal
Good deal, but unfortunately, not available for shipping to the country of Quebec.
Oct 15, 2009
155 posts
59 upvotes
What's the difference between the Smart Control and the Companion ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1328 posts
161 upvotes
givememoney wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 1:40 pm
What's the difference between the Smart Control and the Companion ?
I believe that companion has more programmed buttons on the remote and probably a newer version..
Nov 12, 2014
477 posts
276 upvotes
Kingston, ON
The companion has buttons to control smart lights....the smart does not.
Apr 22, 2009
597 posts
316 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer...

I see that the remote has 3 activities at the top (Music, TV, Videos). If I am correct, activities are a single button you can press that will trigger a series of signals to turn on/off the required devices and inputs so you can start a specific activity. But what if I want to program more than 3 activities? Can the 4 coloured buttons (red, green, yellow, blue) be programmed as activities thereby bringing the total amount of activities up to 7?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1175 posts
599 upvotes
MegaCreation wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 2:57 pm

I see that the remote has 3 activities at the top (Music, TV, Videos). If I am correct, activities are a single button you can press that will trigger a series of signals to turn on/off the required devices and inputs so you can start a specific activity. But what if I want to program more than 3 activities? Can the 4 coloured buttons (red, green, yellow, blue) be programmed as activities thereby bringing the total amount of activities up to 7?

Thanks!
3 activities on the physical remote, 6 activities in the smartphone app.

“The app features the same activity-based buttons, although you can see all six activities in the smartphone interface.”
May 6, 2015
11 posts
9 upvotes
Ontario
MegaCreation wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks!
You can also configure a long press for those activity buttons. So short press for TV, turns on TV activity, while long press TV could turn on Video Game console activity.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2764 posts
1938 upvotes
Muskoka
The remote had 6 Activities - one short press and one long press for each button. In fact, each button on the remote can have a long/short press assignment (except for Off). You can only assign activities to the Activity Buttons, you cannot assign an activity to the coloured buttons. I assign the long press on the red/green to power toggle my TV and cable box in case they get out of sequence.

I think the app can have as many activities as you want - well I don't think you will run out of options.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jul 11, 2017
55 posts
37 upvotes
Can this been used to turn on/off a gas fireplace with factory remote control?
Thanks
Sep 4, 2006
445 posts
81 upvotes
Yes, if it is IR. Ten years ago, I used my Harmony 880 to control my fireplace.