• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2022 10:07 am
[OP]
Sep 28, 2015
813 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Best Buy] Logitech MX Keys & MX Master 3S combo $199

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... g/B0016227 (version with black mouse)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... g/B0016228 (version with white/pale gray mouse)

I think this is a hot price for the MX Keys and the just-released MX Master 3S. It was listed as $209 this morning but has changed to $199 now.
Last edited by warmdeals on Jun 29th, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking to upgrade your setup, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming keyboards!
87 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16524 posts
31958 upvotes
Scarborough
warmdeals wrote: Still shows $199 for me.
$199.99 for me too. Seems like a really good price if you want both items. I've been using the MX Keys for the past 2 years and it's my fave everyday keyboard.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Mar 3, 2010
21 posts
29 upvotes
Don't they have different receivers and are not compatible with each other? Wired combo but good deal if you want both items.
Sep 13, 2003
582 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Guyo wrote: Don't they have different receivers and are not compatible with each other? Wired combo but good deal if you want both items.
bluetooth and unifying receiver works with them.

i'm using a mx keys mini + mx2 mouse and they're fully "compatible"
[OP]
Sep 28, 2015
813 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Guyo wrote: Don't they have different receivers and are not compatible with each other? Wired combo but good deal if you want both items.
I think this is a valid concern. The MX Keys use the old unifying receiver while the MX Master 3S use the new bolt receiver. If you plan to use Bluetooth then this does not matter though.
Feb 8, 2007
781 posts
214 upvotes
I have the Ergo K860 instead of the MX Keys. Both the keyboard and MX Master 3 mouse work with a single unified receiver.

Logitech needs to bundle the K860 with this mouse for those who prefer the ergo keyboards.
Mar 31, 2010
445 posts
328 upvotes
yeah.. i think the Master 3S uses the new receiver.

Wish it is MX Keys Mini. dnt need the full size. still a good dealSmiling Face With Open Mouth
May 28, 2011
913 posts
923 upvotes
Hmm tempting, hoping Amazon will come out with sales on the MX also to match
Jul 19, 2019
187 posts
339 upvotes
The Master 3 and 3S are garbage. The scroll wheel is awful to use. Find a Master 2S.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11206 posts
8522 upvotes
Toronto
warmdeals wrote: I think this is a valid concern. The MX Keys use the old unifying receiver while the MX Master 3S use the new bolt receiver. If you plan to use Bluetooth then this does not matter though.
Yeah they really messed up not making new stuff BC with unifying, a lot of us will need 2 receivers now.
May 28, 2011
913 posts
923 upvotes
In for one, not sure I really need the 3S mouse though, anyone wanna buy it off of me for $100 + tax?
Jun 5, 2022
10 posts
5 upvotes
Nephelae wrote: The Master 3 and 3S are garbage. The scroll wheel is awful to use. Find a Master 2S.
That's a matter of opinion. I would have agreed in the first week or so after buying my Master 3 (which replaced my Master 2 because of a dying battery). Main reason was that the ratchet mode felt more subtle. After a year though, I went back to the Master 2 for a day and was surprised by how much worse it feels. The scroll wheel is a lot sloppier - theres a bit of delay when the ratcheting engages, because it uses a mechanical system rather than the magnetic one in the Master 3. There's also more side-to-side wobble, and the rubber lining on the Master 2 accumulated dirt really easily.
Feb 1, 2010
803 posts
165 upvotes
xawaisx wrote: I have the Ergo K860 instead of the MX Keys. Both the keyboard and MX Master 3 mouse work with a single unified receiver.

Logitech needs to bundle the K860 with this mouse for those who prefer the ergo keyboards.
Yeah I have the same combo but MX Master 3S and I can confirm the K860 Ergo and the 3S do not have the same receiver. But yeah if you are using Bluetooth then it doesn't matter.
Jul 19, 2019
187 posts
339 upvotes
Snornex wrote: That's a matter of opinion. I would have agreed in the first week or so after buying my Master 3 (which replaced my Master 2 because of a dying battery). Main reason was that the ratchet mode felt more subtle. After a year though, I went back to the Master 2 for a day and was surprised by how much worse it feels. The scroll wheel is a lot sloppier - theres a bit of delay when the ratcheting engages, because it uses a mechanical system rather than the magnetic one in the Master 3. There's also more side-to-side wobble, and the rubber lining on the Master 2 accumulated dirt really easily.
The biggest issue I have with the 3 and 3S scroll is the intermittent missed scrolls. If you change directions quickly you get a very jittery delayed scroll every time. The 2S doesn't do this nor does any other mouse. Very unfortunate because I really like the 3S's silent clicks and side button placement compared to the 2S.
Jan 10, 2019
97 posts
278 upvotes
At this point consider yourself lucky I guess if you get this deal because it’s 280 on all the links I clicked :/ :(
Images
  • F8909247-0B4D-448F-8031-6EBB7BB7193D.png
“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” - Thumper

This is the way!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)